“1st Time not a Charm”

Glenmorgan Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Glenmorgan Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Radnor Township Rd.
Transit: Directions by train From Center City: Take the R5 Paoli Local to Radnor Train Station. Cross King of Prussia Road and walk down Radnor Chester Road. Entrance to The Radnor Hotel is on the right. Less than a twelve minute walk.
Description: Glenmorgan Bar & Grill at The Radnor Hotel serves a delicious all day menu featuring spirited American Cuisine, seasonal Chef Specials, Craft Beer, and Handcrafted Cocktails. Choose a spot at the 28-seat oval bar, or get comfortable in the lounge or the grill for Lunch, Dinner, Half-Price Happy Hour or Late Night.
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Had dinner with a few friends. The waitress mentioned that she was new. The restaurant was not crowded. We ordered drinks which took a while to get. First two wines requested were not available. Ordered our food and proceeded to wait for quite some time for it to be delivered. My one friend asked for condiments for her burger. The waitress never returned. We had to flag down the hostess for assistance. Never saw the waitress again until it was time for the bill. The hostess was working her butt off. Didn't see the same enthusiasm from the wait staff. Food was good. Recommend the Lobster Rolls. Based on this experience, I don't know that I would go back. The waitress certainly didn't seem to comprehend that the better the experience the bigger the tip.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Half Price drinks and appetizers 5-7, good food, good service, convenient place to grab dinner/drinks after work on business.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

My Vegan companion found much to enjoy. I need to fill 50 characters for this review to be accepted.

1  Thank walt k
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My sister, cousin and I had a late lunch Sunday,03/09/14.The restaurant was not crowded.Our waiter was prompt and pleasant. I had been to the restaurant last summer and usually eat there once or twice when I am visiting my sister.Before looking at the menu I was almost sure I would have the lobster roll because it had been excellent last summer. I did read the menu but chose the lobster roll. When Kevin ,our waiter ,came to take our order, I ordered the lobster roll as planned. He told me it came with homemade chips ( had last summer ) but I could substitute one of the following and he listed several items. I choose the sweet potatoes fries. My sister ordered the crab cake and was also told that she could have a substitute. She chose the green salad. My cousin ordered a salad and was not offered any thing additional.
When the bill arrived both my sister and I had an extra $ 3.00 each for our substitutes. Remember when taking our order Kevin had not said for $ 3.00 extra you can substitute the following for the chips.When questioned he told us it was on the menu. I replied you told us. We did not have the menu in hand when you told us about the substitutes and you never said for $ 3.00 extra.
As any waiter is instructed to do when there is a question, the manager is called in. The manager came to our table, I explained the misunderstanding. I was told I should have seen it on the menu. I told him I did not have the menuin hand when ordering In the most unpleasant voice, he said' alright I will take it off your bill". He grabbed the check from the table , turned around and his body language said it all. When he came back ,he slammed the new check on the table, turned around and walked away.It is a good thing we were paying cash because neither Kevin nor Mr.Hospitality. manager ever came back to our table. We left the bill total plus Kevin's tip on the table and left.
We all agreed that this restaurant has been crossed off our list.
The food is good but pricey so the employees should be more respectful to the patrons.Someone should tell Mr.Hospitality body language can't hide your attitude.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

There are so many great restaurant options on the Main Line west of Philadelphia (And so many more in Philadelphia itself) that it may take you a while to get around to the Glenmorgan which is located within the perfectly adequate Radnor Hotel. But it is worth eventually dining there.The food is a cut above similar hotel-located eateries. OK, it's not Alain Ducasse's restaurant at Hotel Le Meurice in Paris, but on the other hand you are paying about $130 a night to stay at the Radnor as opposed to $1000 a night at the Meurice. And Monsieur Ducasse will charge you about 15 times more in his restaurant than what you are charged at Glenmorgan. I've eaten at Glenmorgan several times as have some of our friends, so I can make some menu recommendations. The Glenmonster is a monster of a burger with cheese and all the fixings on two big 5 ounce patty melts. It is delicious but too much of a delicious thing. Unless your appetite is immense, stick with the excellent Radnor Burger if burgers are what you are looking for. I also recommend the Roast Beef Shorties, the Main Line Lobster Roll, the Crab Cakes, the Pumpkin Ravioli and the Prime Rib. I've heard good things, too, about the Grilled Cheese sandwich and Tomato Bisque. There is a wide variety with small appetizers, "hand-helds", excellent salads and larger entrees. There are beer samplers (Server will choose them for you if you'd like) and an excellent supply of wines and liquors. I'm not sure why some reviewers here call the service clueless. On this night and other nights I have dined here, the service was cordial and knowledgable if a bit slow. I guess if you are in a big hurry, this may not be the place, especially on a Saturday night. But I don't want to leave a negative impression here. The service while a bit slow, was not glacial. The tab is about what you'd expect at a good hotel tavern. Certainly not cheap, but worth it because the chefs are very creative.

2  Thank TommyBoy94

Been to Glenmorgan Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!