“A Former "Find" on the Main Line Takes a Nose Dive :-(”

Glenmorgan Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Glenmorgan Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Radnor Township Rd.
Transit: Directions by train From Center City: Take the R5 Paoli Local to Radnor Train Station. Cross King of Prussia Road and walk down Radnor Chester Road. Entrance to The Radnor Hotel is on the right. Less than a twelve minute walk.
Description: Glenmorgan Bar & Grill at The Radnor Hotel serves a delicious all day menu featuring spirited American Cuisine, seasonal Chef Specials, Craft Beer, and Handcrafted Cocktails. Choose a spot at the 28-seat oval bar, or get comfortable in the lounge or the grill for Lunch, Dinner, Half-Price Happy Hour or Late Night.
Philadelphia area
“A Former "Find" on the Main Line Takes a Nose Dive :-(”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have dined at Glenmorgan a few times a year for the past 10 years, having experienced both their lunch and dinner offerings as well as their lively Happy Hours in the bar area. Sadly this establishment has been going downhill (while their prices have gone uphill) for the past couple of years, and my recent lunch experience there was pitiful. My guest and I were on our lunch hour from work and the VERY poor, slow service from the unapologetic waiter caused us to have to gulp down our food and get back to work. They seemed understaffed that day, and none of the employees looked happy to be there. The food (we had the grilled cheese & soup, iced tea to drink) was good and that particular meal was priced fairly. However, most of their menu items are way overpriced for the quantity and quality of the food you receive. (The lunch we ordered a few months ago was not good/memorable for the price; can't even recall what we ate.) Regarding Glenmorgan's Happy Hours, they are energetic and busy with good deals to be had at the bar/bar area. However, service can be slow and unreliable. Hopefully the management will restore this place back into a "Main Line Find".
If you have found my review helpful, please take a second to click the "yes" below ;-); thanks a lot!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank BucketListR

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“I don't understand all the good reviews for this brunch”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I don't understand why anyone would give this brunch a good review. At best it is mediocre. Maybe the sight of an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet shuts down peoples' critical thinking skills.We went here for brunch today, based on good ratings and reviews I saw on the Web. I will not go here again, and was angry to have wasted $30 on the (hopefully) forgettable brunch buffet.

Firstly, the large, un-cozy dining room is circa 1986--cheap and dated, with cheap tables and bingo-room chairs, and chintzy cheap chandeliers. All that would be acceptable if at least the food was good. Unfortunately the menu was as dated and un-fresh as the dining room. The dishes in the warming trays seemed like frozen dishes that had been reheated, overcooked pieces of meat swimming in sauces. The shrimp on the platter also seemed like it had been cooked, frozen, and then thawed for serving. Ditto for practically everything else. The quality of the food was poor, and the whole menu seemed like it hasn't changed since 1980. It's a shame, because just down the street are other places (Paramour, White Dog Cafe, etc. etc.) where we could have eaten for the same or less and had fresh, flavorful, modern dishes in a nicer setting.

At least the free (part of the brunch price) mimosa wasn't bad, and helped wash down the bad food.

• Visited July 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Deplorable - the worst!”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Was in there for dinner with a friend. Had been there a while ago and thought it was very good. Wow, have they gone downhill. The food was AWFUL! I had salmon - it was bathed in a sauce that tasted like it was canned, the piece of fish was overcooked and minuscule. Our server was no where to be found. When we spoke to one of the "managers" about our disappointment, he was nonchalant and stated he was sorry for our dislike and he will tell the chef...that's it! Arrogant and unprofessional! Since we live in the area and frequent the establishments here with business associates and friends (many from out of town) we always are happy to make appropriate recommendations. This, I am afraid will not be on our list. The best thing the owners can do is close and start anew. Terrible, from top to bottom, and the staff is deplorable. A major faux pas - do not waste your money on such below par everything.

• Visited June 2012
Stone Harbor, New Jersey
“Not that memorable”
Reviewed March 22, 2012 via mobile

Had dinner with some adult family members. I had a salad, which was good but the combination of ingredients was odd. Lettuce, apple, oranges, blue cheese, cranberry and walnuts. The oranges threw it off for me. Two others had the beet salad, which they loved. I ordered a sea bass special, which was plated beautifully but had very little flavor. The fish looked great but was basically tasteless. It had tiney crusted onion rings, which were great and had flavor but there were so few of them and only helped the taste with two bits. The spinach was over cooked and the champagne sauce was bland. There was no salt at all. I rarely salt anything because I feel most people use too much but I was trying to save the meal. Two others had salmon, with a sweet mustard sauce. One loved it, the other thought the suce was too sweet. A fourth person had crabcakes, which were okay. I had not been here for dinner in a few years and the crab dishes had always been my favorite. The meal was on the pricey side and just okay. Will stop for a drink but will probably skip dinner.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Great food , great price”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Best burger in a long time. Poor direction for seating. Did not see staff to seat you or direct you if seat yourself.

Visited March 2012

Been to Glenmorgan Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!