“try the fried pickles and stromboli pot pie”

French Quarter Bistro
Ranked #10 of 54 Restaurants in Royersford
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd Ave.
Description: Cajun/creole influenced restaurant and full service bar located in Royersford, Pa. We offer a varied menu, nightly specials, gourmet burgers,12 revolving craft beers on tap, & catering services. ‎
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The menu was fun and delicious. We started off with the fried pickles - these were thin pickle chips' floured, fried and served with a creole mustard sauce on top. The best pickle chips ever. One of their specials was a Stromboli pot pie - an 8 x8 baking dish filled with ham' sausage, mozzarella cheese and excellent tomato sauce, and topped (pot-pie style) with a pizza's ought like crust. It was huge - would have taken the rest home if we lived closer. Although we didn't sit at the bar, the bar area was more crowded than the dining room, but both areas serve the same food. Overall, this was a great find.

1  Thank Larry46713

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We took the family to FQB for their $2 Deep-Fried Cheeseburger night. The service was excellent, the waitress very patient with our two young children. The food was amazing! Everything came out quickly and was just as we expected. If you haven't tried the deep-fried cheeseburgers, you must! We will absolutely be coming back to FQB in the future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Ok, so obviously if you want real Nawlins food, you gotta go to the Big Easy. Or traipse down into Philly. But if you want pretty good creole/cajun cooking, go to this little place. My daughter took me here for my birthday in the beginning of April. We went on a Thursday night, the restaurant was about a third full. Service was attentive and friendly. The beer list is extensive, including a full complement of Abita brews. We started with fried tomatoes and gumbo. The tomato dish was good, accented nicely with crabmeat and a chipotle remoulade. The gumbo was slightly spicy (that's a good thing),was loaded with crawfish and had an almost bisque-like consistency. Maybe they served me the crawfish bisque by mistake and I didn't notice? We followed with an etoufe and stuffed catfish. Both very good, but I had to ask for hot sauce to dress up the etoufe. Not a big deal, really, but a cajun/creole place ought to have hot sauce on the table. They should also know what a sazerac (drink) is. Will definitely go again.

1  Thank Kevin P
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time my husband and I went to this restaurant. We drive by the place all the time. In glad we finally came in to give it a try.
We ordered the perogies and gumbo as our appetizers. Delicious!!! The side salad was a welcomed bonus. He ordered the filet and Alfredo sauce and I had the jambalaya. He gave his dish a raving review. I thought the jambalaya was good. A little too tomatoe-y for my taste. They have a great beer selection.

We will definitely come back again!!'

1  Thank tfivecs
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We have been wanting to return to FOB since they remodeled. i have liked their page on Facebook, they offer daily specials and updates on their rotating draft beer selections. The restaurant is brighter and more sectioned off from the bar now. Menu is the same. I had the Caribbean jerk mahi special and it was splendid. My fiancé had the blackened tuna. I had tried that meal before- the tuna is great however the green Beans with straight sriracha on top is too spicy. Service was good. I was looking forward to a