“Try the Tuesday evening buffet”

French Quarter Bistro
Ranked #9 of 52 Restaurants in Royersford
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd Ave.
Description: Cajun/creole influenced restaurant and full service bar located in Royersford, Pa. We offer a varied menu, nightly specials, gourmet burgers,12 revolving craft beers on tap, & catering services. ‎
Lansdale
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Try the Tuesday evening buffet”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We stopped by on Tuesday evening and found a tasty wings, and taco buffet. It starts around 5:30pm, it's worth it for $7.50! Warning, the locals ALL know it!! They start coming in a few minutes earlier for all the micro-brews they carry, then this little place gets packed. The parking is not easy once it gets busy. Service is friendly, but it's not always great, the food makes up for it.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Susan T

Atglen PA
“Nice place, especially with friends”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Had dinner on a Friday evening with another couple. Made a reservation for 7 but have to say none was necessary. Perhaps the Flyer's game was the reason but it was only 1/2 full. Full bar, nice selection of mixed drinks and a very nice variety of craft beer. Mel, our server, did a good job for us all evening, including handling my wife's food allergies. The kitchen did a nice jop with that as well. She had the steak and pronounced it exceptional. Two of us had the crab cakes which were good. The remaining dish was a nice jambalaya. Had the crawfish tails w Voodoo sauce and they were great & spicy. All in all a very nice meal with some very good beers. Go and enjoy!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Dmglen
Royersford, Pennsylvania
“Try Cajun at its almost best”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

French Quarter Bistro is the place you can find both a top-notch full course cajun-style meal or a deliciously perfect sandwich. You wouldn't know it from the lack of curb appeal, but this place is great. You just typically can't find this kind of food in the North. I can't get enough of the Blackened Chicken Cheesesteak. It boasts bold cajun seasonings, bacon and tender chunks of real chicken breasts. The table next to us was raving about the jambalaya. They also have deep-fried pickle chips, scallops, and other seafood specialties as well as pork, chicken and steaks. Most of the dining area is fine. However, I would not recommend sitting in the back of the dining room as it opens into the not-to-charming bar area. Additionally stay away the sodas. I thought something was wrong with the ratio of soda syrup to seltzer and sent it back only to be told by my waiter that they are generic soda products. I would order something in the alcohol family next time as their drink menu looked great. Overall, I would say the amazing food makes up for the okay atmosphere and location.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank ericandemily
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
“Best French Onion Soup I have ever had...”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

The decor could use some work, the food is a bit better than average, but the French Onion Soup is to die for. I could go there and just eat 3 crocks of the soup and leave. Service has always been good. But trust me on the soup....

Visited June 2011
Philadelphia, PA
“Best Cajun/Creole in Phila Area (and beyond)”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

We've been going to French Quarter for years and LOVE it. We live on the Mainline but make the trek up 422 as often as we can just for their food! Top quality for extremely reasonable prices. French Quarter has impressed my snotty sister from D.C., my cousin from Boston, and countless others we've taken out to eat. Their crazy-long beer list rivals some of the heavy-hitter bars in Philly! Decor is very NOLA feeling, but does not match the high quality of the food so don't let it fool you. We love being able to dress casually for food this great. Highly recommended!

• Visited January 2012