Staybridge Suites Royersford-Valley Forge
Hampton.com
$129
GardenInn.com
$95
All reviewsdish detergentthe living room areacomplimentary foodmicrowave popcornfree laundryoff rtpowdered eggsan extended stay hotelfelt like homelong term staysocial hourphiladelphia premium outletsfull kitchencomforts of homedvd playerdefinitely stay here againwater pressure in the shower
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I booked a room for my family because we wanted a warm, cozy place to stay during a spontaneous trip during a snowstorm. I specifically picked this hotel because of the beautiful fireplace that was in the description and pictures and the ambiance that it would provide for the cold weekend. When we checked in the fireplace was not on. I was disappointed but we checked into our room and proceeded to go about our day. The room was not cheap so I was pleased to see that it was in fact a large beautiful suite (2 queen beds) and very clean. So it was odd when I saw that the bathroom was tiny. It was difficult to squeeze in there when opening the door. The shower was tiny as well. This was frustrating. Later that day we wanted to go down to the lobby and get some coffee and sit by the fire. I was extremely disappointed when we got down there that the fireplace was still not running. I asked the woman at the front desk if it could be turned on so we could sit by it and warm up (there are couches and chairs around the fireplace for this specific reason). She said "No, the manager has not decided to turn it on yet and I don't know if he will today.". So, of course I asked her to ask the manager if he was planning on turning it on and what time that would be and she said "No.". She did not elaborate - was he not in the building, not reachable, on a break, did she not feel like it? I really had no idea but thought it was so strange that she could not make it happen and/or get me an exact answer. We travel a lot and stay in a lot of hotels and I have never had this happen - I always get at least an exact answer (Sorry its broken, it is turned on every evening at 6pm - any of these answers would have done). I thought it was a very simple request. Breakfast the next day was very nice (there were a lot of choices) even though there was still no fire (the fireplace/lobby is also part of the dining room) and the floor was not swept during service so it was a little slippery (oatmeal and fruit all over floor). Again - clean hotel, large rooms. I know it sounds like I am a little obsessed with the fireplace - we do not have one in our home so it is a nice feature and treat (that I pay for) when we travel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Royersford-Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Dear Dawndev,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of cleanliness and large rooms. Nonetheless, it seems that we were not able to execute an exemplary hotel stay experience because the fireplace was not turned on during your visit. Kindly accept our sincere apologies for any shortcomings you may have experienced. Your comments are important to us and we are confident that the hotel management will take necessary actions to improve our guest satisfaction. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Lera P

Reviewed November 28, 2013

This hotel is fantastic and very clean. I'm a diamond member with Hilton and platinum IHG and travel often. This was my fist experience at a Staybridge Suites and surely won't be my last. The free breakfast is very good and a few notches better than Hampton inn and holiday inn express. The fitness center is nice, clean and spacious......and they have dumbbells.....and if you work out in hotels.....you know that's a bonus!!! Great place and very clean!!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Upon arriving to the hotel, I had three rooms booked for a wedding and was able to check-in to all three rooms early. The check-in was easy and without any issues. The employees seemed very nice, but distracted at times. The check-out was also quick and easy and without problems. The hotel lobby was nice and roomy and very clean. The location was somewhat isolated, but it was next to an Outback and had other select businesses in the area, but not really walking distance.

ROOMS (215/222/400)

Of all the rooms, no one had any major issues. The rooms were clean, had some free toiletries in the bathroom, and some nice amenities in the rooms. I stayed in Room 215 (1 Queen) so I will focus on that room. There was a queen bed, a love seat and coffee table, desk and chair, fridge, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, sink, 2 range stove, and some cups, plates, bowls, and silverware. The only thing missing that I, and other guests stated they wish they had, was there was an in-room safe.

BREAKFAST

The breakfast was a nice spread with lots of variety. There were eggs, bacon/ham/sausage, breads, cereals, make your own waffle station, oatmeal, yogurt, whole and mixed fruit, and coffee/juice/soda. The food was good and constantly re-stocked. They were accommodating many people whom were in the area at one time.

BUSINESS CENTER

They had a nice little business center with a couple computers as well as other supplies such as a printer, copier, paper, stapler, etc. Internet is available. Internet is also free for all hotel guests.

GYM/POOL

Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to use the gym but I was told it was very nice. I was told the equipment was newer and they had a variety of equipment such as treadmills, ellipticals, bicycles, and dumbbells. The indoor pool also appeared to be very large for a hotel and also maintained well.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JonnyBlaze777
Reviewed November 12, 2013

looking for a place to stay , found a coupon for this hotel, although it wasn't accepted a good rate was given and the the front desk clerk tried really hard to accommodate us, I was surprised to see how nice the room was, very spacious , and clean , wish it was a little more sound proof, you can hear other peoples conversations in the hall as you passed the rooms, it looks like there was a small kid upstairs that was jumping until really late , at time of checkout I waited until the front desk staff had a long & friendly conversation with the person in front of me, I don't remember a greeting and when approached her and expecting maybe a bit more professionalism all I got was your set to go" with a blank stare, a little disappointed as other places asked how was the stay or at very least thank you, I felt like she lacked a bit of professionalism. over all I tried to keep in mind the hard work the first person put into , trying to accommodate my needs, overall being my first stay with this chain of hotel I can say it was nice,...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Royersford-Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear simplemom2013,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. It is very nice to know that you liked our rooms and have noticed their cleanliness. My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced over the noise and over the unsatisfactory service you received from the desk staff. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly. Despite your disappointment I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Karen G.

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

The area is ok, has a lot of shopping (10min) from the King of Prussia Mall and lots of restaurants in the area. The hotel is nice, the lobby is nice and it does appear to be clean. The rooms are nice and of pretty good size. The is a couch in the room, a refrigerator, glasses, plates, and dish detergent. The frustrating part was that our room was located on the 4th floor and there is a vent and (maybe) when the wind blows the flap of the vent slaps down and it is so Lois and it continuously and repeatedly hits. It is so loud and it prevents you from sleeping and if you do fall asleep it wakes you up. We called to comain about that noise nd they let us know that they are aware of it but it just is. We asked for eat plugs and they don't have any. Very frustrating! You can also hear the cars and trucks on the highway. Bottom line - they hotel seems nice, breakfast in the morning, but if you are looking to sleep soundly, not sure this place is perfect. I would try a different place.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Royersford-Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Lovemybirds,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I would like to offer a sincere apology for the inconvenience the noise had caused you and regret that you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W