My wife and I have stayed at the Cherry Lane more times than I can recall over a span of twenty something years. It fits perfectly in what we have come to expect in the Amish Country when we were visiting with our children and now our grand children. It's not a sleek modern facility. It's a quaint two level motel with beautifully manicured lawns and gardens with well used, but very clean and comfortable rooms. The property offers a relaxed, laid back feel of getting away from it all.
What makes it special is the managment of this mom and pop motel who aim to please in any way they can. The beds are very comfortable and the pool, that is in a setting far more beautiful than ANY other in this area is sparkling clean.
I have also found that the people who come to this motel include MANY repeat customers who appreciate the off the beaten track yet able to see and hear a constant parade of buggies clopping by. there's also a wonderful little Amish food stand just steps away in the cornfields across the road.
For us location is also important. It's nearby all the "Amish" and fun attractions. When looking at Ronks on the map one sees its in the hub of the out of Lancaster activities and restaurants.
My wife and I along with our grand children now take advantage of a fine continental breakfast in a clean well cared for room that allows us for an quick move out to do all we plan for the day. The owners have also offered great advice for places to eat and things to do in the area...and many that are economical stretching the dollar.
Many times, after travels we will come back and take a break using the swimming pool or just relaxing in the well air conditioned rooms.
Though this may sound like an endorsment from a family member, perhaps it is. Eevn though we are not, that's how we feel every time we visit. My wife and I are avid travelers having been to Australia this year along with almost a month traveling the southwest of the USA. Every year we take a number of travels. We know quality and we know comfort. I wrte Travel reviews as popsrocks just google that name and Ronks and see that this place is among a host of reviews of the area. The Cherry Lane Motel, that's been around for years, offers both quality and comfort in its laid back atmosphere within the roads of the Amish farms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are centrally located amid the peaceful beauty of Amish farmlands in the village of Ronks. We are just down the road from the country towns of BIRD IN HAND and INTERCOURSE, and only minutes away from the Rockvale outlets, amusement parks, Amish tours, historical sites, Lancaster County's famous PA Dutch restaurants, Sight & Sound Millennium Theatre and much, much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your Cherry Lane Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cherry Lane Motor Hotel Ronks
- Cherry Lane Hotel
- Cherry Lane Motor Inn Ronks, PA - Lancaster County