“As the years move on, our stays at Cherry Lane continue to be exceptional”

Cherry Lane Motor Inn
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Ronks
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the Cherry Lane more times than I can recall over a span of twenty something years. It fits perfectly in what we have come to expect in the Amish Country when we were visiting with our children and now our grand children. It's not a sleek modern facility. It's a quaint two level motel with beautifully manicured lawns and gardens with well used, but very clean and comfortable rooms. The property offers a relaxed, laid back feel of getting away from it all.

What makes it special is the managment of this mom and pop motel who aim to please in any way they can. The beds are very comfortable and the pool, that is in a setting far more beautiful than ANY other in this area is sparkling clean.

I have also found that the people who come to this motel include MANY repeat customers who appreciate the off the beaten track yet able to see and hear a constant parade of buggies clopping by. there's also a wonderful little Amish food stand just steps away in the cornfields across the road.

For us location is also important. It's nearby all the "Amish" and fun attractions. When looking at Ronks on the map one sees its in the hub of the out of Lancaster activities and restaurants.

My wife and I along with our grand children now take advantage of a fine continental breakfast in a clean well cared for room that allows us for an quick move out to do all we plan for the day. The owners have also offered great advice for places to eat and things to do in the area...and many that are economical stretching the dollar.

Many times, after travels we will come back and take a break using the swimming pool or just relaxing in the well air conditioned rooms.

Though this may sound like an endorsment from a family member, perhaps it is. Eevn though we are not, that's how we feel every time we visit. My wife and I are avid travelers having been to Australia this year along with almost a month traveling the southwest of the USA. Every year we take a number of travels. We know quality and we know comfort. I wrte Travel reviews as popsrocks just google that name and Ronks and see that this place is among a host of reviews of the area. The Cherry Lane Motel, that's been around for years, offers both quality and comfort in its laid back atmosphere within the roads of the Amish farms.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs in the main building suit us well every time though a room on the bottom across from...
1  Thank popsrocks99

Reviewed September 2, 2012

The rooms were clean, I'll give them that but for the rest of it. Very old - needs updating. I was told I was getting a 1st floor room (due to a disability) with a "view of the farmland". I was given a 2nd floor room - while there was a window in the room it looked out over a hall that have windows that overlooked the farmland. When we explained to the owner that I could not walk up and down stairs he just shrugged and said this is what you booked. I tried to explain to him that it wasn't and of course it was a "language barrier". I asked if we could get our money and back and he said he would have to charge us for one night. Room was dark and smelled musty, probably because of the age of the building. Make sure you ask for a email reservation confirmation and that you read it! Motel must have been purchased recently from the prior owners.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cows1952
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I wanted to just get away to chill out and relax by myself from my two busy jobs. This was perfect! Lots of country type roads I could walk (or bike had I brought mine), a pool in which to swim, a quiet atmosphere and a fridge/microwave unit in the room so I didn't have to buy my meals out.

Although I chose not to do any sightseeing or attractions, they are not far away for those who wish to do so.

Staff was wonderful, friendly and helpful. Manager was very accommodating when I realized I'd gotten my reservation dates confused. He even found a way to let me plug in my old non-Wifi laptop to check my emails! Rooms and pool were very clean. Landscape etc. well maintained.

I don't watch much TV, but shows I do watch at home did not seem to be on the channels of the TV package provided. Not a big item for me though. I was hoping breakfast would include low carb options like eggs, but as I brought my own food, that was not a big problem either. I am already looking forward to my next stay there and would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Kathy W
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This place has so much to offer even though, on the outside, it looks like it wouldn't. First of all the rooms are clean and comfortable. The pool is clean and the grounds are well taken care of. The breakfast is what you need to get your day going and coffee is available all day long. We can't say enough about how friendly and helpful Pete and Dee (the owners) are - as well as their staff, too! Pete spent extra time with us when we had trouble with the wifi and both of them took a genuine interest in making sure we were comfortable.
If we needed to mention something in need of improvement it would have to be that this is an older (old fashioned) motel; however, It's obvious that the building and grounds are being updated with new a/c's being installed and flat screen t.v.'s in each room. Oh, and while there's no excercise room, who needs one with the grounds and the view?

You won't be disappointed whenyou stay here.

Room Tip: Upstairs will give you views of the adjacent farmland, downstairs is more convenient to the pool and...
1  Thank Vincent W
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My family has been going to the Amish country for years. My parents spent their first anniversary 45 years ago in Lancaster. The family has been going back ever since.

When I mentioned a trip to the Amish country this year, there was no other choice but Cherry Lane. The rooms are clean, spacious, and comfortable. My family loves the location and convenience. Sitting at the pool or on the benches while watching the buggies go by is a definite experience that everyone enjoys.

My two boys loved the big, clean pool and playground. The adults in the party enjoyed the quiet location, convenience of refrigerator and microwaves in rooms, and the washer/dryer in the vending area to dry swimsuits before leaving for home.

The area boasts some of the best resturants but my family enjoyed the breakfast available in the welcoming lounge in the main office. It was nice to be able to have the cereal, pastries, bagels, juice and fruit available so that the family could get ready for our busy day at our own pace. We all didn't have to shower and get dressed before we could leave for breakfast. The hot coffee is available all day and was perfect for this coffee addict.

There were 7 people in my party and everyone was happy about our choice of Cherry Lane. We have been staying for years at the Cherry Lane Motor Inn and will continue to do so in the future. We are already planning our return trip this November.

Stay here. You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Any room is a good choice. Farm side is a bit quieter but that's only if you don't want to...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MarkInNJ
Reviewed August 30, 2012

A perfect getaway spot close to everything. It's clean quiet and has everything you could possibly need.the rooms are huge and the staff are very nice and go the extra mile so you can have a great time. We are already planning our next stay and will always stay here when in the area.

Room Tip: If you have small children and plan to use the pool ask for a room on the first floor facing the poo...
1  Thank Frank P
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

My family recently stayed here manager was very friendly. Rooms were clean and staff was very nice. Motel is close to all. Would stay here again. My son loved the pool and play area. Parking was good during the day but scarce at night. Breakfast was good and all were friendly

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Staimeth
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronks
Eastbrook Inn
Olde Amish Inn
#12 of 16 in Ronks
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lancaster
Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn

Been to Cherry Lane Motor Inn? Share your experiences!