“Don't judge a book by its cover!”

Cherry Lane Motor Inn
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Ronks
Blue Point, New York
“Don't judge a book by its cover!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This place has so much to offer even though, on the outside, it looks like it wouldn't. First of all the rooms are clean and comfortable. The pool is clean and the grounds are well taken care of. The breakfast is what you need to get your day going and coffee is available all day long. We can't say enough about how friendly and helpful Pete and Dee (the owners) are - as well as their staff, too! Pete spent extra time with us when we had trouble with the wifi and both of them took a genuine interest in making sure we were comfortable.
If we needed to mention something in need of improvement it would have to be that this is an older (old fashioned) motel; however, It's obvious that the building and grounds are being updated with new a/c's being installed and flat screen t.v.'s in each room. Oh, and while there's no excercise room, who needs one with the grounds and the view?

You won't be disappointed whenyou stay here.

Room Tip: Upstairs will give you views of the adjacent farmland, downstairs is more convenient to the pool and...
1 Thank Vincent W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Monmouth Beach, New Jersey
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My family has been going to the Amish country for years. My parents spent their first anniversary 45 years ago in Lancaster. The family has been going back ever since.

When I mentioned a trip to the Amish country this year, there was no other choice but Cherry Lane. The rooms are clean, spacious, and comfortable. My family loves the location and convenience. Sitting at the pool or on the benches while watching the buggies go by is a definite experience that everyone enjoys.

My two boys loved the big, clean pool and playground. The adults in the party enjoyed the quiet location, convenience of refrigerator and microwaves in rooms, and the washer/dryer in the vending area to dry swimsuits before leaving for home.

The area boasts some of the best resturants but my family enjoyed the breakfast available in the welcoming lounge in the main office. It was nice to be able to have the cereal, pastries, bagels, juice and fruit available so that the family could get ready for our busy day at our own pace. We all didn't have to shower and get dressed before we could leave for breakfast. The hot coffee is available all day and was perfect for this coffee addict.

There were 7 people in my party and everyone was happy about our choice of Cherry Lane. We have been staying for years at the Cherry Lane Motor Inn and will continue to do so in the future. We are already planning our return trip this November.

Stay here. You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Any room is a good choice. Farm side is a bit quieter but that's only if you don't want to...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MarkInNJ
Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed August 30, 2012

A perfect getaway spot close to everything. It's clean quiet and has everything you could possibly need.the rooms are huge and the staff are very nice and go the extra mile so you can have a great time. We are already planning our next stay and will always stay here when in the area.

Room Tip: If you have small children and plan to use the pool ask for a room on the first floor facing the poo...
1 Thank Frank P
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

My family recently stayed here manager was very friendly. Rooms were clean and staff was very nice. Motel is close to all. Would stay here again. My son loved the pool and play area. Parking was good during the day but scarce at night. Breakfast was good and all were friendly

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Staimeth
long island, new york
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

The Cherry Lane exudes charm and hospitality. From the time you check in to the time you check out Peter and Dee who are the owners of this wonderful country motel are constantly asking if everything is ok. Yes the property is the older type of roadside motel and yes there are some little things that need to be updated but changes do not happen overnight. The rooms are spacious, beds are comfortable, bathrooms are clean with good water pressure and of course brand new flat screen t.v. The Cherry Lanes sits among Amish farms and roadside stands. All major outlet shopping, great home cooking type restaurants and visitor attractions are close at hand. The room rates are very affordable. The outdoor pool is crystal clear and very inviting. This is a great find in the heart of PA DUTCH COUNTRY.

• Stayed August 2012
Ajax, Canada
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My daugher and I just came back from spending a week in the Lancaster area. We stayed at three different hotels (I wanted to try different places) and I was very happy when we arrived at the Cherry Lane Inn. We had stayed at the Hershey Farm Inn the previous two nights and my intention was to stay there a third night but it was so small, dirty and gloomy I had to get out of there! When I saw the room at the Cherry Lane Inn, it was so big and bright! We were in room #17 and overlooked the vegetable garden and corn field behind the inn. It had two big windows that opened which was great to allow the fresh air in. Yes, the hotel is old and the sinks are old and the beds are old (I checked for bed bugs - there were none), but the owners (lovely people) are doing their best to replace everything which of course will take time (they have only owned it a year in June 2012). The room was very spacious, clean, comfortable, the bed was comfortable (I slept well which is always a bonus in a hotel room) and the carpet seemed clean. The pool is big and very clean with lots of chairs around it to sit on. There are benches out front to sit on in the evenings to read, look for fireflies and watch the buggies go by - it truly is very peaceful. The gardens are also very beautiful and the property is well cared for. I would definietly stay here again and would recommend it to anyone!!

Room Tip: If stairs aren't a problem, I think the rooms upstairs may be more spacious.
1 Thank Nurleen
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My boyfriend and I just came back and the hotel was very nice, Dee was so helpful and accommodating. The room was huge I was shocked and the rooms very clean. I like that they grew there own veggies and fruits. The price was right to. I would 100% go back and stay there,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple