“Had a great 9 foot deep pool! (Very rare in newer hotels, due to regulations)”

Cherry Lane Motor Inn
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Ronks
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I went to visit Lancaster August 4th for 2 nights. It was located a block off of the main road, which is a really quite road. We were going to the American Music theatre and it was really close. It was great to be close to the shopping areas too. When you swim in the pool (which is kept very clean), you can see the amish buggies go up and down the road. Very awesome to experience the view. Our stay was pleasant. We switched from room (with two queen beds) #45 on the main floor after the first night because the bed was not comfortable enough for us. They moved us to room (with a king bed ) #41 on the 2nd floor above their office and that bed was newer. It was a wonderful mattress!!! We had a great sleep that night.

The owners were very nice and accommodating. It was really nice getting to know the owners. I learned that the owners of the property have only owned it for a year. Their was an amish family that owned it before them (which still lives across the way from the hotel). The new owners have purchased new refrigerators, microwaves, and flat screen Samsung TV's. The rooms did not have these luxuries when the amish owners owned it. The current owners have a great plan to update the mattresses in all the rooms, and replace carpet and wall paper very soon. They have also added a nice landscape and have plans to improve the property. If you have a problem just communicate it with them, they need to listen to you and work on the problem immediately.

I will definitely return to this motel again!!!! I will give an excellent rating on my next visit when the new mattresses are updated.

About the previous guests that experienced the bed bugs, I too always do a bed bug check in any hotel/motel that we stay in (it does not matter if it is a chain hotel or not) and I did NOT see any bed bugs in the two rooms we stayed at. I truly believe the that the new owners will take care of it as soon as they can.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a king size room, they are very popular and limited. You should book in adva...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Caldwell_1
There are newer reviews for Cherry Lane Motor Inn

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Been staying there for a few years.. Peter and his family always make you feel at home..wouldnt consider staying anywhere else ! It is a clean motel and that reviewer that stated bed bugs is full of it!!!! That place may be a bit outdated but it is kept spotless! Very accomidating ill be staying there Aug 17 18 we will see about bed bugs!

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Donna1954069
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed at the Cherry Lane Motor Inn for one night in August. The management was wonderful, changed our room from 2nd floor to 1st floor without hesitation. Come to Lancaster about 4 times a year, usally in the spring and fall. The inn's air conditioner was a window unit and very old, it made a lot of noise and we had to stand on chair to reach the controls. Other than that, the inn was perfect for a nights stay in Lancaster. Thank you management for being very welcoming and very customer service friendly.

2  Thank Susan H
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I've been going o Lancaster for about 30 years and stayed in all types of places. This is one of the best. i've never stayed in a motel where the owners were so nice and happy to take care of your requests.Not only were the owners terrific but the other guests were very freindly and nice too. All The other guests were also talking about how nice the owners were.The rooms were very clean and the staff was very happy to take care of any needs that you had.
I have 2 service dogs and the owners and their family were playing with them.
I would highly recommend this motel as a clean and comfortable place to stay.

3  Thank Alexander K
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We found the Cherry Lane Motor Inn on the Lancaster website and were very pleased with it. The location was great, close to the Sight and Sound Theater, Dutch Wonderland, the outlets, etc. The owners were so helpful with directions, restaurant suggestions, anything we needed. It is not the Ritz, but it is clean, comfortable, quiet and with a great pool. Our son was thilled with the poll and watching the horse and buggies go by. We will definitely stay here again when we return to Lancaster.

2  Thank MaryAnn A
Reviewed August 4, 2012

For my next visit to the Amish country I decided to be smart and check out the reviews on Trip Advisor first. The places I wanted to stay at were all booked however, I found Cherry Lane Motor Inn and it looked good both and their website and the reviews here were very positive. So I booked a room in July and I am sad to say that it was a big mistake.

On my way to the room upstairs I was greeted by a bird sitting in the hallway who was decorating the place with his presents. The whole place had an old smell to it and the hallway to my room was far from clean.

This place is stuck in the 1960’s when it was built. The wallpaper, furniture, bathrooms, bedding, carpeting, all seemed to be from that era. The only thing new in the room was the flatscreen TV. Even the phone was from the 1980’s. Upon entering the room I was overwhelmed with a very strong musty smell. Musty smells come from damp and molding conditions. I followed the smell to the AC unit and found a mound of mold inside it. How nice that it couldn’t be cleaned so that it was not blowing mold into the room for you to breath.

The carpet was not clean at all and there was dust on the headboards, baseboards, and other areas of the room. The wallpaper was pealing and the window in the bathroom was very old and had peeling paint. Who knows how old the paint was. Overall, the bathroom was surprisingly clean even though it too was like stepping back into the 60’s. The fridge was not even plugged in so I could not keep my drinks cold.

I was already very unimpressed and decided to do a bed check. I learned this from watching Hotel Impossible on the Travel Channel. On the program they described how to check a room for bedbugs. First, you tear off all the covers and sheets and inspect them. Next, inspect the mattress and look for small blood spots, the mark of bedbugs at work on the humans they have bit. Next, look at and pull open the creases along the mattress edges. The bugs love to camp out where they won’t be bothered and the creases were the mattress is stitched together is the perfect place to hide. I did this and found no bugs.

However, your inspection is not finished until you remove the top mattress and check the box spring. I removed the top mattress and began inspecting the edges along the box spring and sure enough there they were. Staring right at me were those little nasty blood sucking bed bugs.

Well that was it for me and I packed up, checked all my stuff to make sure they were not traveling along with me and I went down to the front desk to demand my money back. They didn’t believe me when I told them about the bugs and acted completely dumbfounded. I brought them to my room and showed them the bugs. He asked if I wanted another room and I said “are you kidding me?” They then gave me a refund on my card and said that they’ve never had bedbugs before. I don’t believe them as bedbugs just don’t show up but rather are often the result of improper cleaning.

I did in fact get a refund on my card a week latter so that was a relief. I posted photos of the room and the bugs as proof of my experience. I highly recommend staying away from here at all costs because this whole place is antiquated and operated by people who are either being as cheap as possible or just don’t care. And to top it off they were charging $74.00 for one night during the weekday. Not expensive at all if you do not mind sharing your bed with bugs or sleeping in a moldy 1960’s time warp.

Getting back to my experience, I now had no place to stay and everyone in the area was booked. However, there was one place that had a room left and I stayed there. To see my review of that place do a search on Hershey Farm Motor Inn.

Room Tip: Check for bedbugs by tearing the bed apart.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Joe M
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have been visiting this area for many years and decided to save a few bucks by trying this Inn. Big mistake .You describe a place or situation as claustrophobic when it makes you feel uncomfortable and unhappy because you are enclosed or restricted. Well, I felt like I was in a cave. Even with all the lights on and the curtains drawn I could barely see. We stayed on the 2nd floor "with a few of Amish Farmland?" NOT. There was an enclosed hall outside the door then a lovely view of a shed. Oh, and a trapped bird flying to and fro INSIDE the hall, I thought I was imagining it until I saw all the bird dropping on the floors. The smell was musty and old, the furniture extremely outdated, the beds hard and small. I won't even describe the seventies bathroom! Breakfast was juice, really bad coffee and plastic looking muffins and pastry, yuk! I rather spend a few more dollars and enjoy my stay. I cannot believe the reviews of this place. Maybe people just have never tried other places or just do not expect much! . I normally stay at a non chain / lovely motel that is about 25.00 more a night and will never do this again. Sorry!

Room Tip: go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank NewYorkJubilee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronks
Eastbrook Inn
#12 of 16 in Ronks
Red Carpet Inn
Red Carpet Inn
#10 of 16 in Ronks

Been to Cherry Lane Motor Inn? Share your experiences!