My husband and I went to visit Lancaster August 4th for 2 nights. It was located a block off of the main road, which is a really quite road. We were going to the American Music theatre and it was really close. It was great to be close to the shopping areas too. When you swim in the pool (which is kept very clean), you can see the amish buggies go up and down the road. Very awesome to experience the view. Our stay was pleasant. We switched from room (with two queen beds) #45 on the main floor after the first night because the bed was not comfortable enough for us. They moved us to room (with a king bed ) #41 on the 2nd floor above their office and that bed was newer. It was a wonderful mattress!!! We had a great sleep that night.
The owners were very nice and accommodating. It was really nice getting to know the owners. I learned that the owners of the property have only owned it for a year. Their was an amish family that owned it before them (which still lives across the way from the hotel). The new owners have purchased new refrigerators, microwaves, and flat screen Samsung TV's. The rooms did not have these luxuries when the amish owners owned it. The current owners have a great plan to update the mattresses in all the rooms, and replace carpet and wall paper very soon. They have also added a nice landscape and have plans to improve the property. If you have a problem just communicate it with them, they need to listen to you and work on the problem immediately.
I will definitely return to this motel again!!!! I will give an excellent rating on my next visit when the new mattresses are updated.
About the previous guests that experienced the bed bugs, I too always do a bed bug check in any hotel/motel that we stay in (it does not matter if it is a chain hotel or not) and I did NOT see any bed bugs in the two rooms we stayed at. I truly believe the that the new owners will take care of it as soon as they can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are centrally located amid the peaceful beauty of Amish farmlands in the village of Ronks. We are just down the road from the country towns of BIRD IN HAND and INTERCOURSE, and only minutes away from the Rockvale outlets, amusement parks, Amish tours, historical sites, Lancaster County's famous PA Dutch restaurants, Sight & Sound Millennium Theatre and much, much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Cherry Lane Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cherry Lane Motor Hotel Ronks
- Cherry Lane Hotel
- Cherry Lane Motor Inn Ronks, PA - Lancaster County