“Clean, quiet, friendly hosts, very nice!”

Cherry Lane Motor Inn
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Ronks
Canal Fulton, Ohio
“Clean, quiet, friendly hosts, very nice!”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

When searching for a motel in this area we originally thought we would be bringing our 2 doggies & this was one of the few places that allowed pets. It turned out that our son kept our Boston terriers for the 3 days we were gone, but I liked the price and the location of this motel, so I booked here anyway. Yes, the decor is dated, but it is clean & well cared for & the hosts are super friendly. If you have children, I suggest a room on the first floor that faces the pool and the playground. The room was larger than some chain motels where we have stayed with a fridge, microwave, hair dryer, iron/board, closet area with several wood hangers, 2 tvs (don't know why? lol), 2 double beds with a night stand between, dresser, desk with chair, small table & 2 chairs. After walking up the stairs (get a first floor room if you don't want to climb stairs) we entered our room from an enclosed porch/hallway that had several chairs and benches if you choose to sit out there instead of in your room. The bathroom was standard for a motel, with the sink in the room & the toilet and bathtub/shower on the inside. Because this motel is about a mile from Rt. 340 and a half mile from Rt. 30, it is VERY quiet. If you sit outside for any length of time you will see horse & buggys going down the road not 18 wheelers. The only complaint we had was no fault of the owners: noisy neighbors who apparently sleep with the tv on all night. Fortunately, the air conditioner drowned out most of the noise...
To the person who it seems has not stayed here for many years because they don't like the "changes" or the nationality of the owners: Quit whining & get a life. Those of us who travel many miles to get to our motel destination are looking for cleanliness, friendliness, well taken care of grounds and pool area, good value. All of this is present at the Cherry Lane Motor Inn. I don't know what or who was here 40 years ago, but this motel was perfect for us.

Room Tip: For children or those who don't/can't climb stairs, ask for the first floor. There is no ele...
2 Thank ladylynnea

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Virginia
Reviewed May 17, 2012

This is a recommended affordable Inn. We just walked in and was given the twin room. An old fashioned room (yet room and toilet is clean), carpet just a bit worn out but the beds and toilets are much important to me. For an amount of 60usd (including tax),it is a good deal. Free wireless internet connection, fridge and microwave available in the room, free light breakfast. Its mostly close to most places that we wanted to go (kitchen kettle, gas station, post office and quite a lot of buggy rides operators nearby. They also have a swimming pool wherein it wasn't really important since there are many other activities to do around Lancaster. There's some homemade pies, candies and hanging plants being sold (5min walk from the motel) by an Amish mother in their house nearby and sells really good shoo flies, strawberry and rhubarb pies which is to die for (only 6bucks for each huge pie!). Would definitely come back to this place.

2 Thank Izzowizzo
Glen Allen, VA
Reviewed May 15, 2012

My sisters and I visited Lancaster from May 6 through the 11th. We stayed at this wonderful quiet motel. The rooms were clean and had everything we needed. The owners are awesome and you couldn't ask for better service. My sister's and I have adopted them as our new brother and sister!!! The continental breakfast was always good and fresh. My daughter and I are going back in June and my husband and I are heading there in July. I wouldn't stay anywhere other than this great, clean, and quiet motel. The owners and workers there made our trip so special! I miss my home a way from home!!!

Room Tip: Loved staying on the pool side. The views were nice and seeing the horse and buggies was awesome.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Diane L
Moorestown, New Jersey
Reviewed May 8, 2012

My friends and I recently stayed at the Cherry Lane Motor Inn from May 4th-7th. Our rooms were very clean including the beds and bathroom, which is very important to me. It was air -conditioned, had a hair dryer, iron and ironing board and 32 inch flat TV. The owners and staff could not have been nicer and went out of their way to do anything for you. There was coffee 24 hours and it was always fresh and if it wasn't the owner would stop what he was doing and make fresh. The continental breakfast was very good, fresh bagels, muffins, fruit and two choices of cereal. It had a nice inground pool, play area for kids and was very quiet in the evening, The motel needs a little updating but these owners are new and are working on that. We intend to go back, good place to stay for the money, and its close to everything.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are good, if you can't navigate stairs ask for rooms on street level. Rooms on...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank 558RML
Ridge, New York
Reviewed May 6, 2012

It was only because the bed sheets looked clean and new that we didn't leave to find another hotel. Decor was very tired looking, rugs looked dirty and had burn marks from an iron in them. No hair dryer. The only way to get the room to cool down was to take the cover off the air conditioner. Smelled a bit of wet dog. Took a long while for the hot water to come up and it fluctuated wildly throughout the shower. Old styled door locks, which I had to tighten to the door with a screw driver because it was so loose. Mattress needed to be flipped, leaned in back towards the wall. Had a nice flatsceen tv, but no idea of what channels were what so we had to flip through a lot until something looked interesting. Excellent high speed internet, however I would not stay again unless they overhauled the place. Could be a nice hotel since it's close to all - but needs an overhaul.

3 Thank LIAlleyCat
CherryLaneManager, Guest Relations Manager at Cherry Lane Motor Inn, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear Guest

First of all I would like to thank you and I highly appreciate that despite of the issues you had during your first visit you decided to come back and not only that You bring your friends too considering the fact that we are working hard on Property to make it nicer under new management.

I am extremely sorry about the inconvenience you had during your first stay.

Every Room have Hair Dryer but for some reason it was missing which has been replaced by New One.

As You know it was a Hot Day and takes a little while to cool the Room. The cover is just to Protect and Hiding the Machinery it won’t help much for cooling but I am glad it cool down the Room. Immediately we have taken care of the issue by help of our certified technician.

Regarding the Hot water this is the first time ever the issue came up. I am sure it should not be an issue because we do have extra water heaters and much more capacity then needed with the Pressure tanks. Your suggestions have been already considered.

I would like to request all the Guest that Please bring the issues if you have (We always try that there should not be an issue) any during your stay to our attention because most of the time the issues can be resolved right away.

It is our best practice to make sure your stay must be comfortable and pleasant with us which we asked every guest during their stay and also upon check out so please let us know and we do fix the issues if any Right Away which is backed by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee which you can see even on our website in details.

Looking forward and God Bless

Thanks

For Cherry Lane Motor Inn

Peter
Philadelphia
Reviewed May 4, 2012

We found the rooms to be clean and adequate for the price. There was a big flat screen TV. The staff was friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was very good and fresh. The location was good...near everything. It was also quiet the weekend we were there. Overall, we had a good time.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peggy B
North Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed May 3, 2012

The reviews lead us to stay at this motel. We saw a different notel. It was very dark and old. Even with the lights on it was too dark. Hard to see to shave. The microwave would not pop my popcorn and we could not dial out on the phone even after asking how to. Mirror was very dirty. New TV but no guide to see what stations were available. Spent a lot of time surfing. The beds were fine and there was plenty of hot water. We atayed at teh Eastbrook Motel the last time and wished we had gone there again. Same price range.

Room Tip: Try upstairs.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Baefer
Dear Guest

First of all I would like to thank all the Guest who have taken their valuable time to share their experience with us for our Community which also in turn helps us to improve our services in the area where ever necessary to move from better or best to excellent.(which we always strive for)

I am extremely sorry about the inconvenience you had during your stay with us.

First – All the reviews are subject to the opinion of our valued Guest like you. Regarding the darkness for shaving you know that every room have atleast 2 or 4 x 75watt Bulbs right above the sink so it should not be an issue.

Secondly Microwave – All the Microwave and Refrigerator and other equipments in the Room are Brand New. It might be wrong Programming or else there is always microwave available in the lobby in case if you need or if you had asked for we could have changed the new one.

About the Phone You know that while you were here thanks to you guest we were sold out and the Guest were using the phone lines so it takes a while to get the line free but still you were offered to use Telephone from office or even cell phone at no cost.

I do apologies for the Trouble you had about TV channels. It is our Priority to offer best services to the Guest and in order to achieve that we are in transition of cable services which will be fixed very soon but even at this moment the guest can enjoy all the channels.

I really appreciate your honest opinion about the beds and Hot Water.

It would have been highly appreciated if you had bring this issues to us during your stay as it just takes fraction of minute to fix all the issues you had.

Once again I would like to thank you for bringing the issues to our attention and definitely it has been taken care of. Hope to see you Next time

God Bless

For Cherry lane Motor Inn

Peter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronks
Eastbrook Inn
Olde Amish Inn
Olde Amish Inn
#12 of 16 in Ronks
Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn

Been to Cherry Lane Motor Inn? Share your experiences!