“Quality, not quantity”

Miller's Smorgasbord
Reserve with OpenTable
Miller's Smorgasbord is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Ronks
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Lancaster PA Restaurant & Smorgasbord 85 years ago... Anna Miller served chicken & waffles to truckers as her husband repaired their rigs. It was a simple dish, but it was always served up with a smile. Today our tried & true recipes may not be as simple, but they are prepared with the freshest ingredients ... And they are still served up with a smile. If you miss Miller's, you miss Lancaster County.
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My husband and I live two hours away in Bucks County, but visit "Amish Country" as often as possible. Miller's is one of our favorite places to eat; the baked cabbage and ham with cider sauce make it worth the trip for me. My husband loves the chocolate pecan pie. I do wish there was a little more variety, and that drinks were included as other buffets do, but my husband and I feel that the food quality and atmosphere is fantastic, and we will keep coming back!

Jennifer B, Director of Sales at Miller's Smorgasbord, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Thanks for your review! The cheesy and oh-so-creamy Baked Cabbage, and Chocolate Pecan Pie are two of my favorite items as well. I'm so glad that you enjoy visiting Miller's when in Lancaster County, and look forward to serving you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,212)

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Very good homemade food and lots to choose from. The wait staff was excellent. I jsut felt it was a little pricey for a buffet.

Jennifer B, Director of Sales at Miller's Smorgasbord, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Thanks for your review! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the meal and service at Miller's during your recent visit. We look forward to serving you again on your next visit!

Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

We had a coupon for half off the regular price. If we would have had to pay full price, I would be very upset. It was so-so food and I really didn't think the variety was impressive. The only way this would be a favorite spot is if you are someone who enjoys eating mass quantities of so-so food. Not impressed and not going back. In all fairness, the staff is pleasant and efficient.

1  Thank Wlfulton

Thank you for sharing your opinion of your recent visit to Miller's. I'm sorry that you weren't pleased with the food quality and selection that we offer. We are very proud of our traditional scratch-made heritage dishes, homemade soups and in-house baked desserts, and regret that you did not enjoy them. Thank you again for your comments and I hope that we have an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

nice selection of items from the carving station to soups, salads and other main items. I did find that peel and eat shrimp were the smallest I have seen in any buffet. Staff very friendly and while there are a couple of choices on the menu, the buffet is quite pricey and doesn't include a drink which brings it up to over $25.00 for an adult. Compared to other buffets I've had in past month this was easily the most expensive. Good choice of soups, salads and other items but so did the other buffets some for 1/2 the price. A good portion of the serving stations were shutdown (guess because not busy), but I thought the place got quite crowded and lots of people moving around. Definitely not the quiet romantic atmosphere if that is what you're looking for. So, basically, good food in a tourist area therefore the higher price.....

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our 8 homemade soups, salad bar and carving station. Miller's is definitely a popular place, and although there are certainly pockets of quiet times throughout the week, we are often bustling with guests, both local and from out-of-town. I do hope that you will consider returning on your next visit to the area so that we may have an opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Oh my, where to start? The homemade soups and extras on the salad bar such as pickled beets, turkey salad, coleslaw, dilled potato salad - everything I had was delicious! While I didn't try desert because I wanted to purchase from one of the farm stores, they looked good too. We almost went back the next day but decided to give another local restaurant a try (and I'm sorry we did... as it wasn't nearly as good).

Jennifer B, Director of Sales at Miller's Smorgasbord, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments, and for joining us recently for a meal. The all-you-can-eat Soup, Salad & Bread Bar is pretty much what I eat every day, and I agree that it's wonderful! So much more than a typical salad bar, and the 8 homemade soups are almost impossible to chose between! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your visit with us, and we hope to see you again very soon.