“Meh, I wouldn't bother.”

Miller's Smorgasbord
Reserve with OpenTable
Miller's Smorgasbord is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 17 Restaurants in Ronks
Cuisines: American, Dutch, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Lancaster PA Restaurant & Smorgasbord 85 years ago... Anna Miller served chicken & waffles to truckers as her husband repaired their rigs. It was a simple dish, but it was always served up with a smile. Today our tried & true recipes may not be as simple, but they are prepared with the freshest ingredients ... And they are still served up with a smile. If you miss Miller's, you miss Lancaster County.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Meh, I wouldn't bother.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

We had a coupon for half off the regular price. If we would have had to pay full price, I would be very upset. It was so-so food and I really didn't think the variety was impressive. The only way this would be a favorite spot is if you are someone who enjoys eating mass quantities of so-so food. Not impressed and not going back. In all fairness, the staff is pleasant and efficient.

1 Thank Wlfulton
Jennifer B, Director of Sales at Miller's Smorgasbord, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for sharing your opinion of your recent visit to Miller's. I'm sorry that you weren't pleased with the food quality and selection that we offer. We are very proud of our traditional scratch-made heritage dishes, homemade soups and in-house baked desserts, and regret that you did not enjoy them. Thank you again for your comments and I hope that we have an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Greentown
“decent food, quite small peel shrimp, nice staff but a bit pricey for a buffet.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

nice selection of items from the carving station to soups, salads and other main items. I did find that peel and eat shrimp were the smallest I have seen in any buffet. Staff very friendly and while there are a couple of choices on the menu, the buffet is quite pricey and doesn't include a drink which brings it up to over $25.00 for an adult. Compared to other buffets I've had in past month this was easily the most expensive. Good choice of soups, salads and other items but so did the other buffets some for 1/2 the price. A good portion of the serving stations were shutdown (guess because not busy), but I thought the place got quite crowded and lots of people moving around. Definitely not the quiet romantic atmosphere if that is what you're looking for. So, basically, good food in a tourist area therefore the higher price.....

• Visited March 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our 8 homemade soups, salad bar and carving station. Miller's is definitely a popular place, and although there are certainly pockets of quiet times throughout the week, we are often bustling with guests, both local and from out-of-town. I do hope that you will consider returning on your next visit to the area so that we may have an opportunity to serve you again.
Richmond, VA
“Best place to eat for soup and salad at lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

Oh my, where to start? The homemade soups and extras on the salad bar such as pickled beets, turkey salad, coleslaw, dilled potato salad - everything I had was delicious! While I didn't try desert because I wanted to purchase from one of the farm stores, they looked good too. We almost went back the next day but decided to give another local restaurant a try (and I'm sorry we did... as it wasn't nearly as good).

• Visited March 2014
Jennifer B, Director of Sales at Miller's Smorgasbord, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments, and for joining us recently for a meal. The all-you-can-eat Soup, Salad & Bread Bar is pretty much what I eat every day, and I agree that it's wonderful! So much more than a typical salad bar, and the 8 homemade soups are almost impossible to chose between! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your visit with us, and we hope to see you again very soon.
Sugarcreek, Ohio
“Leave room for pie.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

The food and service were both good, but the chocolate pecan pie was worth the trip. The prices were a bit on the steep side but that's typical of tourist destinations. The soups and salad bar were notably good. I would go back again.

Visited March 2014
Thanks for your review! Our homemade Warm Chocolate Pecan Pie is a favorite of mine too, and I'm so glad you tried it! We look forward to serving you many, many more slices in the months and years to come.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Not what I expected!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

Not what I expected for the money, from a Smorgasbord!
Food was only average and the sever that was slicing the roast beef was very rude, if you want more than a single slice...
And the peel and eat shrimp are so small that I didn't even want to peel and eat the cold suckers. Soup & Salad bar are your best bet for the money...

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Jedi427365
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I'm so sorry that you were disappointed with your recent dining experience, and that you felt our staff was rude. Our daily goal is simple: to delight our guests with quality food, and welcoming service. I deeply regret that we fell short during your visit. I have shared your comments with our Management Team for internal follow up. Thank you again for your feedback, and I hope that we can be of service to you again in the future.