“Come Hungry”

Ranked #5 of 18 Restaurants in Ronks
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: American diner open 7 days a week. Located in the heart of PA dutch country. 6am-8pm
Muncie, Indiana
“Come Hungry”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This a true roadside diner. Shiny stainless--two or three steps up from the parking lot to the dining floor where you find stools at the counter, booths rinding the exterior walls and a mix of locals and tourists spread around.

When you want lots of food (good food, at that) and economy, Jennie's is the oasis along Rt. 30.

Open seating, but by the time you get settled in, someone is there to get drink orders and offer up a menu. Then someone else stopped to see if we had questions about the items offered. In the first few minutes we were there, I did not see any food coming from the kitchen--so I had no idea of portion sizes.

I debated several items before settling on the meat loaf, mashed and corn. My wife was undecided as well and asked the server for his thoughts on the two items. When she mentioned the lasagna, his face lit up and that is what she ordered.

Just as the server left for the kitchen, I saw a plate heading for another table and realized the servings were huge. A club sandwich that towered above the sides of the large oval platter and fries that were having a hard time staying on the plate.

Our food arrived and I got two very large slices of meatloaf, a pool of mashed potatoes--all covered in brown gravy. No room for the corn on the platter, but it came in an oversized serving bowl. My wife got two huge slices of lasagna which she said was very good.

Only problem was we felt guilty not being able to finish this food. (You know the old line about cleaning your plate).

Total for two oversize dinners and drinks? Right around $20.

If you're travelling Rt. 30 east of Lancaster and it is past meal time--or a long time before your next stop--this is the place to get filled up. (But bring cash or use the ATM inside)

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jim M

Australia
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Being Australian, we were drawn to this diner as it looked like something we see in movies. Well, we were so surprised by first how busy it was and secondly by the prompt service and delicious food. We ate there twice and both times was very pleased.

Visited April 2014
Orchard Park, New York
“Good Diner, Huge Portions”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Had dinner at Jennie's Diner on 4/16/14. Like to eat local whenever I can, even in Pennsylvania Dutch country. Chose this diner because of all the trucks parked at it - where truckers go is usually pretty good food. Although the diner is small and cramped, it is clean and the staff is very friendly. The service was very quick; we got our meal very quickly and the portions were huge. The food was quite good; it was not superb but it is a diner, after all; still it was better than average fare. I would rate the restaurant as very, very good. It was very enjoyable to eat there and I would recommend it highly. The diner is open 24 hours. However - be aware that Jennie's does not accept credit cards - cash only (there is an ATM in the restaurant).

• Visited April 2014
Lancaster
“Nice family times.”
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

I went there with my uncle for dinner. We had a nice meal and the place is clean and comfortable. The staff there was great. The meal came very yummy! I will go again!

Great Barrington, United States
“Dinner”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Wow!!! Excellent and quick service. When the trucks are all lined up out back you know that the portions are well sized, hospitality is great and the food is good. All true. Big portions, excellent value and the applesauce was even home made.

• Visited March 2014