“Nice motel, terrible noise” 3 of 5 bubbles

Scottish Inns Ronks
Scottish Inns Ronks
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Ronks
Franklinville, NJ
“Nice motel, terrible noise”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2010

The previous reviews about the road noise are an understatement. The noise from trucks going by is indeed terrible. We had a second floor room on the left end facing the motel from the road. I'd maybe try the back which faces an Amish farm field in the future, but if I were forced to stay in the front I'd rather get my money back and sleep in the car! I'm not kidding! And I saw the noisy reviews before we left and thought, how bad could the noise be?! Yeah, it's that bad! Being so bad, I don't know how the back could escape all the road noise, and because of that I think we would probably try another hotel in the area.

It's a shame because the facility did seem as clean as it can be considering it was next to a field. (I live in the woods and the occasional spider and what not are always inside the house, so an occasional bug doesn't bother me. Why is a bad review because a bug is spotted always thrown into the mix of reviews?!) We did not see any inside our room, but the stairs going up to the room had spider webs on them.

The facility also seemed completely refurbished at some point relatively recently. Looks like it had new windows, bathrooms, etc. Really, new everything whenever it was refurbished.

The location was great. Outside the busy outlet area (outside of downtown Lancaster), but right next to it. Also a very short drive to Strasburg Railroad and Cherry Crest farm (both were why we were staying in Lancaster). And even though we had a terrible sleep, seeing the Amish farmer lead his team of 6 horses plowing the field behind the motel was very cool.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank mpheadley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Plymouth, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2010

My sister and I stayed at this hotel last weekend, woke up in the middle of the night - saw a cockroach running across the floor, did more of an inspection, found 4 dead bugs in room. Told the owner about it, she flipped out on us and was very rude, wouldn't give us a discount. Will never go back!

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank smoop716

Travelers are raving about these Ronks hotels

Coxsackie, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

We stayed 2 nights last week. We did have a back room, which was very quiet. The view was Amish farmers raking and bailing hay. Just beautiful. The place was CLEAN!! (previous reviews said it wasn't. It was very inexpensive. It had coffee in the room. an iron and board, a micro wave, a fridge, the beds were comfortable. what more can you want?

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tuckerbeggy2010
pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2008

Stayed here and was really surprized! Did not expect alot. Haved stayed in other hotels in the area for alot more money,and they were not as nice. Very clean. Staff was wonderful and nice, needed two rooms together and he made sure Igot them. Book you will be surprized how nice of a hotel for the price!!!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — clean!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank rachelpoo
northern virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2007

this was one of the worst motels ever for road noise. half way through the night , we began a game of guessing what gear the trucks were in by the loudness of the engines. it really sounded like they were coming through the front window.

so sad because the room was clean and the staff explained that they wanted to construct the building facing away from the road but were not allowed to by the zoning dept.. too bad because i can not imagine any one ever returning after one night.

Stayed September 2007
1 Thank generalcontractor
USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2007

I don't agree with many of these reviews. The best thing I can say about the place is that it was clean. Even so, the hotel description says that it is a brand new building but this did not seem to be the case. The hotel is a stones throw from Rte 30, which i took as a negative since it is very loud and many trucks go on that route - bring earplugs. Also, we requested a crib via the booking on expedia though when we arrived at the hotel we were almost laughed at by the hotel owner.... they don't have them. Location is convenient to everything in Lancaster county though, but there are better choices in the neighborhood.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank McElian
sparrows point
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2006

My husband and I have been going for the past few months to lancaster checking out homes in the area to buy. Every weekend it was a go on line and a book a weekend hotel or motel. Well after looking on the internet and every week driving by place after place it seemed each hotel got worse, one weekend we got a shower that didnt work, the next week air conditioning that was broken, the following week beds and bugs. Each hotel looked nice from the outside. Finally another weekend and we decide ok to try again for a nice weekend when we arrive not knowing it was Bike Week/Harley Davidson week in Lancaster, all the hotels posted vacancy's.....I mean we rode for miles outside to where the cows only graze....not finding a place to stay we decided to head out to the interstate we saw the Scottish Inns. My husband and I both saw this place many times before but we never heard of them, so they had a vacancy. It was a little Pricey at $99 a night but when we got to our room it was in the back of the hotel where it overlooked the amish country. I feel in love with my husband all over. The smell of the country clean air, it was romantic to sit on the front porch where a bench for two sat and the room....oh my....brand new...new curtains, furniture, refrigerator, a bathroom ...so clean just like my own home and the most comfortable beds...we both sank into a wonderful relaxing sleep. It made it hard to want to get up. We watched in the morning the amish family getting there cattle and the kids running for church. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I have stayed there and was most impressed by the owners. They were most helpful in making sure our stay was wonderful. Again....HATS OFF TO YOU!!!! Tracy and Jayme Cook

• Liked — ROOMS ARE LIKE BRAND NEW..SO CLEAN AND FRESH
  • Disliked — ONE THING...WISH BATHTUB WAS BIGGER/NO HANDICAPP ROOM IN TUB FOR BENCH TO WASH UP WITH
  • Tips/Secrets — YES YOU'LL FINALLY GET A GREAT NIGHTS SLEEP...BUT DONT FORGET TO GET UP EARLY AND WATCH THE SUNRISE
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank dewgirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronks
Cherry Lane Motor Inn
Cherry Lane Motor Inn
#10 of 16 in Ronks
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lancaster
BEST WESTERN PLUS Revere Inn & Suites
Olde Amish Inn
Olde Amish Inn
#8 of 16 in Ronks
Bird-In-Hand Family Inn
Bird-In-Hand Family Inn
#2 of 3 in Bird in Hand

Been to Scottish Inns Ronks? Share your experiences!