“Great Stay”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Ronks
chincoteague
“Great Stay”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This was my 1st time staying at the Weathervane and it will not be my last. My husband reserved the room for my friend and I by reading the reveiws on Trip Advisor and we were very pleased. As others have stated the rooms are very clean, the beds comfortable and only a short walk to get my morning coffee. I can't wait to go back next year !!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Hebrew first
Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We were visiting the Pennsylvania Dutch area with friends from Washington State, who had never been east, and we had booked two "nonrefundable" rooms with a credit card on the first floor at the Days Inn in Ronks. When we arrived, the front desk clerk had our reservations but not our rooms - he had already rented them to other parties and had nothing on the first floor. He showed us rooms on the second floor which were unacceptable (the rooms weren't bad, but the hallway leading to them was filthy and smelled awful), so he begrudgingly agreed to cancel the reservations.

We had noticed the Weathervane Motor Court across the street and went to check it out. The host/owner, Nick was most gracious, gave us keys to look at a room, and negotiated a very fair price as we were renting two rooms. The property is old, but Nick and his lovely wife, Shradha, are conscientiously rehabbing it, resulting in a complete renovation and modernization over time, even including a new dining room that will seat at least 25 people for a big hot breakfast, just like the large chains. Nick put us in adjacent rooms, away from any area of potential noise, and assiduously ensured that our every need was met: the rooms were immaculate with brand new beds and everything worked perfectly, including TV, wi-fi, and climate control. The only hitch is that they were upgrading the plumbing, and hot water was only available from 5-9:30a.m. the next morning. It WAS hot as promised, so NO PROBLEM!

The reason it's called the "Weathervane" Motor Court is that Nick has had four large, beautiful, high-quality copper weathervanes installed on cupolas around the property, and beautiful landscaping and flowers tended by Shradha, giving it a classically elegant look and coordination with this lovely rural area. {Weathervanes are a hobby of mine and I sell them, so I know what I'm writing about.} This property is a gem and, especially because of its central location, a great place to stay for touring the PA Dutch country.

I would stay there again in a heartbeat; in fact, I wouldn't stay anywhere else! I wholeheartedly recommend the Weathervane Motor Court to anyone visiting this lovely area of Pennsylvania. Feel free to mention me when you check in!

Michael Krakow

Room Tip: Just tell Nick what you need and he will accommodate you!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Bourne, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 28, 2013

For many years now, my husband and I go to the Lancaster area at least twice a year. We have been staying with Nick and his family at the Weathervane Motor Court for many years now. Every year this place gets better and better. They are always upgrading the rooms and making our stay more and more enjoyable. The beds are really comfortable and the whole place is extremely clean. A great value for the price charged. It's our home away from home.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Munhall, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed at the Weathervane during the summer of 2013 and was very pleased, the room was very clean and linens were very fresh, but this Fall upon taking extra quest with us we were very disappointed and embarrassed about having a kitchen sink in our bathroom and it made it very difficult to shave and brush your teeth. I don't have a clue why someone would put that awful sink and stove where the bathroom sink should be. I don't think we will stay there again. I feel sorry the people (Nick) is a very nice man and the staff are nice too, the sink has to go.
Mike Sarraino

Room Tip: check there web site.
2 Thank M6079GVMike
Danbury, CT
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Clean, comfortable, large room---fine for one night. Smell of cleaning materials upon entering the room was rather unpleasant---we left the door open for 1/2 hour to air it out. Neither the alarm clock nor the microwave were set up to work correctly---and who wants to try and figure out someone else's equipment?? Parking at door is a great feature. Walking distance to very nice Olive Garden restaurant was definitely a plus.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sunshine1492
Export, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was the third time I've stayed at this location - once with a church group and twice with a family group. Both have indicated that this is where they would prefer to stay again in the future. The grounds are very attractive - 2 gazabos and many flowers (and a garden that my sister-in-law and I enjoy checking). Our family (4 siblings/spouses) especially enjoys being able to spend time visiting outside at the gazabos or on the benches located outside the rooms. The family/owners have always been very friendly - very helpful. The rooms have been very clean and have been updated. A nice continental breakfast is provided. The location is fantastic - close to the Sight&Sound theater and to the shopping areas on Rt 340. This motorcourt is a great value for the cost. Our family is planning to stay here again next summer.

Rahway, New Jersey
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was one of the cleanest places I have stayed at! When we walked in the first thing everyone said was, "Wow, it is so clean. It even smells clean." I was impressed by how spotless the room was, but especially how clean the bathroom was. The room was also quite spacious. The owners were friendly and helpful and you could tell they really care about making their guests feel welcome. I love that the motel is right off the main highway where everything is located (minutes from the outlets & Dutch Wonderland) but not on the highway. A few feet off the highway makes a huge difference. It was quiet, cozy, and felt very safe. We have found our new favorite place to stay near Lancaster. We will absolutely be returning again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronks
Fulton Steamboat Inn
Fulton Steamboat Inn
#2 of 39 in Lancaster
Eastbrook Inn
Eastbrook Inn
#4 of 16 in Ronks
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lancaster
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection

Been to Weathervane Motor Court? Share your experiences!