All reviewsbagelshis wifecontinental breakfastclean roomslancaster areaplace to stayamish countryfamily runfridge and microwaveeasy accessvisit lancasterdefinitely stay here againnice breakfastrockvale outletsnothing fancydutch wonderlandpleasant stay
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I was a little concerned when I pulled into the lot because it looked like a plain Jane motel, but my mind was set at ease when I was welcomed at the front desk by the owner and his daughter. They were very nice and were very helpful with all my questions about where to go in the area. There is something for everyone and the motel is centrally located. Literally around the corner from the outlet Mall, a couple of miles from the Amish farms and only 30 miles from Hershey. This is not a hotel for those that want to be pampered, but if you are on a budget it is clean and a nice place to stay. The only negative was the breakfast area, make plans to eat out for breakfast where you can sit down to eat and have a bigger variety. Other than that, it was nice and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The Weathervane was a pleasent suprise based on the price.....I was slightly nervous based on the low rate, but it was more than I had expected. The room had been through a major renovation and everything was fresh and new. The beds were comfortable and everything was very clean. To top it off the staff was incredibly friendly and personable....when I walked in to check out this morning to check out I was addressed by name. In the end I highly recommend the Weathervane to anyone on a budget or not!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed at Weathervane twice within a two-week period. Terrific location. Close to all, yet quiet. Rooms are spotless as is the entire outdoor area. All staff friendly, helpful and efficient. Would never consider staying anywhere else when next in the Lancaster area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank rumandginger
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have stayed here several times in the past, but this is my first review I have ever left. My Hubby & I have always looked forward to staying here while traveling thru PA., but I have to say this past weekend was the first time we have stayed there since they remodeled. I loved, loved, loved the comfortable beds, so much so, that I wanted to bring it home with me! When we first arrived, and had a small issue with the A/C not cooling correctly, I headed to their office and was met by Nick, the owner. When I explained my problem, he immediatly dropped what he was doing and came to check it out. He told us they were new A/C units and for some reason ours wasn't working properly. So, much to our amazement, while we were at lunch, Nick & his Son replaced the entire unit. As soon as we returned to our room, he came back to let us know he replaced it, and left no mess behind. Coffee Room was AWESOME!! Very clean & neat, with Cereal, Banana's, Doughnuts, Coffe of coarse and lots of other goodies! These owners make you feel like you are family! Only downfall is there is no smoking rooms now, but that is very understandable with all the new remodeling, besides you can just walk right out your front door and smoke all you want to. It's a bad habit anyway! Large flat screen TV with lots of channels if your inclined to watch alot. I rate this Motor Inn as 5 star!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank thegrizzles
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We returned this afternoon from a weekend in Lancaster. I booked the Weathervane solely based on tripadvisor reviews and I am so glad we did. The price was right and you can't beat the location, it was within a couple miles of Dutch Wonderland. All the great restaurants were right there as well as the outlets. The staff was very friendly and check in was quick. Our room smelled clean as soon as you opened the door and I checked everything, it was spotless. The beds and decor were all brand new and two queen beds over two doubles was great to see in this price range. Plenty of outlets for charging in the room and a good amount of channels that made everyone happy. We hung out in the grassy area, it was very peaceful to kick off your shoes and hang out in the gazebos and lounge chairs with a view of a huge farm right out back in the evening. There were plenty of outdoor spaces to sit and relax. I didn't find it noisy at all and we were on the Route 30 side. The breakfast consisted of really yummy bagels, delicious, fresh doughnuts, cereal, toast, juice, milk and coffee which is exactly what we wanted. The only thing I thought it needed to make it the absolute perfect place was a pool to dunk ourselves in after a long hot day but I enjoyed the great price and nice cold air conditioning instead. So, if you'd rather spend your money at the outlets and farmer's markets, this is the best motel for you. I slept better here than I have in other hotels I spent 3 times more for. My husband, son and I all agreed this will be where we will stay for our Lancaster weekends. Thanks to the staff there and to tripadvisor for not steering me wrong.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family