All reviews bagels his wife continental breakfast clean rooms lancaster area place to stay amish country family run fridge and microwave easy access visit lancaster definitely stay here again nice breakfast rockvale outlets nothing fancy dutch wonderland pleasant stay
Reviewed June 9, 2013

A worthwhile choice if you are looking for value,location and excellent management personnel
.The picturesque grounds are also a plus. We have found a motel for our future stays. The breakfast is also one not to miss.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Josephstaten is... R
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I chose this motel because of its overwhelmingly positive reviews. My mother (Julianna) wanted to get away for a couple of days with my daughter Julianna and me and once we decided upon the Lancaster area, I spent a few days researching places to stay. It's rare to find a place that lives up to its photos and reviews, but everything about Weathervane Motor Court was absolutely wonderful! Our host Nick and his family were beyond friendly and helpful. The room was spotless, the entire place has been remodeled, we loved having a microwave and fridge. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and right behind the motel is an Amish farm - the corn field is feet away from the back of the motel. It is so peaceful here, just off Route 30, yet close to everything. Bird-In-Hand is only 5 minutes away, Lancaster about 15 minutes. I can't say enough about the owners who remembered our names each day, suggested restaurants, brought us extra towels without us even asking. The free continental breakfast made an already great deal even better - the donuts were yummy! I highly recommend this place and only wish we could have stayed longer. Thanks for everything Nick!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Maria P
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I didn't want to stay at a motel that was over $100 and offered a phony Amish tour, so we opted for this place instead. Owner was very friendly and helpful and the place is certainly a good bargain in an overpriced area. Our $60 room was spacious and recently repainted, with fridge/micro/hairdryer/cable, etc. It's an older property, though, and the furniture is odds and ends. My only real complaint was that the carpet smelled like carpet cleaner, and when I smell carpet cleaner, I smell dirty carpet, whether that's rational or not. The room really needed a good airing. The breakfast was a pretty decent array of donuts cereal, juice, etc. I think the owners are trying very hard to have a successful business. The grounds and exterior are well kept, too.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2013

we have stayed here many times and each time they have made many updates. They are friendly and care about you as a person not just a room number. Breakfast is very good! Have recommended to family and friends.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IleneRowe
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were searching for a place to stay that was central to Lancaster and near Hershey Park. We came across this gem and are glad we did. It's located right now the middle of Lancaster and is minutes from the outlets, restaurants and Dutch Wonderland. You couldn't ask for better service from employees who are willing to do whatever it takes to make sure you have nothing to worry about. They have local knowledge and gave recommendations for us first timers to the area. I will definitely be staying there again during our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2013