“Attempted extortion”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Ronks
Runnemede, New Jersey
“Attempted extortion”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this motel last night. The room was clean and everything was in working order. The location is primo! Here's my beef...I booked the room online and was charged $67.09 on 3/12/13. This was the entire charge no balance was due at check in. However, when I checked in the owners wife asked the ages of my children and proceeded to charge $5.00 for my son. After some argument I got the money back but this shouldn't have happened. I even verified the policy with the online reservation company before comfronting this woman. I noticed a couple reviews on trip advisor describing a similar situation. Beware!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank beckster1967
Nick P, Owner at Weathervane Motor Court, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for informing us about the issue. We have discussed the issue with your travel agency as well. The problem was due to the difference in the policy of the travel agency. We had informed them earlier also. They have apologized and corrected their child policy. Therefore, this will not happen hereafter. We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Hebrew first
PA
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed one night after the Sight & Sound show. Very friendly & helpful service. Room was clean & comfortable. When I booked this room, I thought a motor Inn was a place from the 50's. After staying here, I hope motor inn's make a comeback. We would stay again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We had a very pleasant one night stay. The room was newly renovated and very clean. The new flat screen TV was a nice touch. The office staff were extremely friendly and helpful and you can't as for a better price. The motel is located very close to lots of shopping and many good restaurants. We did clearly hear the arrival of a family next door the next morning. The kids were really excited to be there :-) However it was a very minor issue and I would absolutely stay here again when I'm in the area.

1 Thank OldBones82
Ruther Glen, Virginia
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My family has been staying at Weathervane Motor Court for quite a few years. My parents visit Pennsylvania several times a year and my entire family come up for Spring Break. Nick and his family are always so accomodating to our needs. It is a very family oriented business. Their renovations have made the stay enjoyable and pleasant. I would definately recommend Weathervane as the place to stay.

3 Thank Crozell
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed one night for my moms birthday. Staff is very friendly and helpfull..room was very clean very comfy bed and perfect location. I would reccomend staying here! Even the free breakfast in the morning was nice. Fresh bagels and donuts..good coffe and fresh juice. Perfect place for a little get away

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank xohockeygurl14xo
Marion
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I made the trip to the area not knowing for sure the length of my stay, having a family member in hospice. I was looking for basic accommodation at good rates. It's tough beating the prices at this establishment, and checking TripAdvisor, I saw mostly positive comments I was not disappointed. When I checked in, I was greeted with extremely friendly staff that was great in accommodating me with some stay-length flexibility I needed. Although I generally don't prefer exterior entrance rooms for security and weather vulnerability (drafts through door cracks), I had no problems here. Entering the room, I actually was pleasantly surprised with the relatively large room. It also had a microwave and fridge. Internet access is important to me. the first couple nights, I had a couple WIFI access points (one strong, one weak), so I had no problems with connections. After the first couple nights, the strong one disappeared. I could still connect, but it was a little less reliable.

My sister initially tried to get a room here, but the online reservations showed no rooms available. She ended up paying twice the rate for a smaller room at a chain hotel. When she saw my room, I asked in the office if there were any rooms available, and they did have some cancellations that weren't reflected online. I suggest calling hotels to verify online status. She made the change and never regretted it (except she could not connect to the internet at all).

Breakfast is standard continental fare (coffee, juice, donuts, bagels, cereal), which certainly met my needs. When I wanted something more substantial, the area is not lacking for eating establishments.

Overall, I was very satisfied with stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank jollywallyMarion
Virginia
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Just took a trip with my daughters and wanted a place with a good price that was in a good safe area for us traveling females. After seeing the review I decided to book a room. We were not disappointed.We had a great room at a great price. If you are in the area and looking for something simple but nice this is the place for you.

2 Thank VirginiaMom2two
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronks
Fulton Steamboat Inn
Fulton Steamboat Inn
#2 of 39 in Lancaster
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,860 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lancaster
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Eastbrook Inn
Eastbrook Inn
#4 of 16 in Ronks
Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites

Been to Weathervane Motor Court? Share your experiences!