“Lancaster Visit”

Weathervane Motor Court
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Ronks
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This was our second stay at the Weathervane Motor Inn and have nothing but very positive things to say about our stay at the motel. Check-in is quick and Nick is especially friendly, personable and goes out of his way to ensure your room and stay is as comfortable as possible. Room was very neat, clean and bed was extremely comfortable compared to some motels/hotels that we've stayed in and rates are very reasonable. Love it that you can park right in front of your room and there are no steps to climb and as an added bonus there is nice size flat screen TV on the wall. Definitely, for all our future trips to Lancaster, the Weathervane will be our place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lori L

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Very friendly desk service that goes the extra mile to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Good amenities comparable to some first class hotels I have stayed in. No steps to climb or elevator to take to get to room. Free continental breakfast, cable tv, etc.
The room was clean and well lit with tasteful artwork on the walls.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 10.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We have stayed here a couple times and its really nice.They are doin a lot of revenations to the rooms and each time we've been there its clean and they go above and beyond to please you.If your looking for a clean,family oreineted,very reasonable place this is your place!!! See you in Aug.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Terri J
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We spent two nights at the Weathervane this past weekend. Upon arrival we met Nick the owner. He was very helpful, and couldn't do enough to insure we had a good stay. The room was clean. I e-mailed before we left to check on wi-fi capability. I got an immediate response. And it worked just fine. Bed was comfy, pillows a little hard, but overall a good night's sleep. Microwave, refrigerator, in the room, but no coffee maker. There is a coffee room, which serves a basic breakfast. Which is plenty, since, you are in Amish country, and you'll probably be eating plenty the rest of the day! I would return, in the future. The location was very central, and also quiet.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Evelyn L
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed there this past weekend (2/2012) and glad we did. We visit this area a couple of times a year and this time we decided to try this motel because of the great reviews. We weren't disappointed. The room was just remodeled and very clean, it was one of the less expensive motels in the area but better than some of the high priced hotel chains. Would highly recommend to friends and family. The breakfest area could be improved but overall it was an excellent choice to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here during a volleyball tournament. Centrally located in the Lancaster area. Grounds seemed well kept but I didn't use them as it was very cold (January visit). Room was clean. Beds were new and clean. Very comfortable. Flat panel TV, small refridgerator, small microwave. I didn't use either of these, but I assume they worked properly. They had no visible damage. Bathrooms were clean and well kept. Towels were clean and refilled daily. Soap and shampoo could have been better, but they still got me clean. This was a very basic place. Nothing fancy. Breakfast was extremely basic (bagels, donuts, 2 cereals, and coffee/tea. The owners in the front office were extremely nice and seemed generally happy to have people staying at their place. Although I didn't need anything, I'm sure they would have gotten it for me if I asked.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here for just one night, my mother and I and we absolutely loved it. We arrived only to be greeted by the owner Nick who was so very nice and he told us about all the renovations they have made, he told us that he wanted us to feel like we were at home he could not have been anymore hospitable. The room was so nice and so very clean, big flat screen TV on the wall, microwave, mini frig, 2 nice queen sized beds. The place was so peaceful but yet close to everything and the price was very reasonable.Free breakfast the next morning was also a plus.I even met Nicks wife the next morning also so sweet even made sure she said bye to my mom.Will surely be back to my new Home away from Home!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jayne J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronks
Fulton Steamboat Inn
Fulton Steamboat Inn
#1 of 40 in Lancaster
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lancaster
Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
Eastbrook Inn
Eastbrook Inn
#4 of 16 in Ronks
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection

Been to Weathervane Motor Court? Share your experiences!