“Good Country Cooking”

Ranked #7 of 20 Restaurants in Ronks
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Join us in the dining car - a relic from the Pennsylvania Railroad - for authentic railroad fare from across the country and around the world. Casey Jones' has fresh, fun, affordable fare sure to please all ages.
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The perfect place for dinner and breakfast for us with our grandchildren. The boys loved eating in a train that would rattle and roll, occasionally, like being on a real train. Generous servings and not overly salted! Waitstaff was very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We had been here before, so stopped in as we traveled around the Lancaster area. We were met by friendly wait staff and seated quickly. I was suprised to find the prices of the food higher than expected. I ordered the fish sandwich and was surprised when it arrived - it wasn't much bigger than a fish stick. The fries took up most of the plate. I was not offered a refill on my soda. Will not go back - too many other places to visit.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Great to see the RC Restaurant come back with the new management team. First came here in the 90's (when the kids were smaller and wanted to be with the parents) when it was still with the original owner/management. Great menu items and appears to be very competitively priced. You even get the pot of coffee for the table at breakfast. Don't know what some of the other "reviewers (?)" are thinking about when they stated it is "outdated". For cripes sake, it's an antique railroad dining car. It is supposed to have an old feel. As many have stated here, it has a rumble feature to try to simulate actual movement on the track, primarily to entertain the kiddies. But if you watch carefully for adults who are experiencing it for the first time, watch their faces, the looks are priceless!!! Also parents: Make sure your children are behaved during breakfast and not loud and boisterous, bothering other patrons like me. You don't know when I will be back, and if your kid acts up, I'm going to order an ice cream sundae, and you know how close the aisle is. Your child will not be able to ignore it coming by and will pester you for one for breakfast!!!! I may also go into the gift shop and start playing the video and gaming machines! Hopefully, the waitress with the photographic memory (I forgot her name, so much for my memory) will be on when you visit. She remembered us from being there 10+ years ago! Also had an enjoyable lunch there. Haven't had the opportunity to due dinner there, but perhaps in the not too distant future. Give the RC Restaurant a try, you should be satisfied.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We ate both dinner and breakfast at this restaurant. It was very unique to eat on a real train car and they had a button to push to make the car shake and vibrate which felt like you were moving down the track. The food was relatively cheap for a restaurant and it was plenty on the plate. For dinner I had a burger and chips and breakfast an omelet with all sorts of meat.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Good breakfast. Great service. Authentic railroad diner. The hostess can flip a switch and the car will rumble as though rolling down the track. Fun to watch the kids get big-eyed when it starts. If you stayed in the motel, breakfast here is a no-brainer