“Best deal in town, but dine early”

Dienner's Country Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Ronks
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We have tried several buffets and family style restaurants in the Amish area and this is our favorite. The food is very good and fresh, and you can't beat the price.

If you plan on eating there, you need to know they close at 6pm.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,729)

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stopped here around 2:00 p.m. on a Wednesday afternoon for a late lunch. We still had to turn in our name and there was a wait of about 20 minutes for a table.... that is a testament to how good it is....taking names at 2:00 in the afternoon!!

The hostess who took our name and took us to our table was none other than Mrs. Dienner herself. A very gracious lady who thanked us for coming and told us a little about the buffet and their specialties.

Our waitress was a very friendly lady who said she had been there for 15 years. She told us things about the menu and when we ordered, she told us how good that was...lol. Some of us had the buffet and some ordered off the menu. (you can have both kinds of meal at the same table...). You could either get the full buffet or just Soup and Salad Buffet. The full buffet has several meats and sides as well has lots of salad choices. The best part however was the desert selection. They had a tall glass case with many choices of pie in it for you to have as well as a long bar of desserts like custard, puddings, cobbler, etc. One of the best dessert bars I have seen at a buffet. (they also had soft serve ice cream available on the dessert bar.)

My daughter had the 1/4 chicken dinner and that was more than enough food for her (and she is a fairly big eater.). They also have 1/2 chicken and whole chicken dinners. (they are known for their chicken I guess.). My daughter said the chicken was moist and flavorful. My wife had a sandwich and along with the sides she got, it was filling as well. (she got a side salad that was very large.).

Overall the prices are good. The buffet is one of the cheaper ones around and with the large dessert bar, it is a great value compared to the others. The chicken dinner and some of the other dinners are a good price as well. I think the sandwich prices might be a little high but the serving was large.

Overall, a very nice restaurant. I am glad that we tried this one and we will go back when we return to the area in a couple years.

2  Thank JECOhio
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I usually do not write reviews unless something has impacted me. What can one say about Dienner's, excellent Amish experience. First do not go here expecting to sit down right away, you will have wait 15-45 minutes (well worth it!). While you wait walk over to the right or left of the restaurant and go into the local shops. Once you get to sit down I would encourage you to get the buffet it has a little of everything, if you are lucky try the cream of broccoli soup (Tuesdays). You will soon see that the majority of the staff is dressed in traditional Amish clothing and the owners are Amish or used to be. Back to the food, great everything from soup to deserts large variety. I love the chicken, soup, Lima beans, salads, ham, mashed potatoe, broccoli slaw, fresh bread....I could go on. The only bad thing is that it takes me 3 hours to get to it, but well worth it.

Dienner's-great job, keep up the good work!

Ernesto

Reviewed July 16, 2014

A great breakfast place for great friends, food, service was our #1 choice. The wait staff took care of us and made sure we had every thing we needed.
We came from North Carolina, Kentucky, Washington, DC, New York and Pennsylvania. Thanks to your staff.

I really enjoyed the peanut butter. Is there any way I can get some of that peanut but shipped to Washington, dc ???

t

Reviewed July 15, 2014

This is Not Pennsylvania Dutch food! It's good food at a good price and the buffet offers the opportunity to eat heartily. The Pennsylvania Dutch believe in hearty eating - but most of the traditional Pennsylvania Dutch foods are not to be found at Dienner's. My grandparents were Pa. Dutch - they spoke the language and cooked the traditional foods almost none of which are served at Dienner's. Where's the chow-chow? Red beet eggs? Ham and string beans?
On Thursdays there is Chicken Pot Pie (it's not a pie) and there's apple sauce (sass) and scrapple and on Tuesdays they offer pork and sauerkraut ( the traditional New Year's dinner). If you want Dutch food, go on Thursday for the Chicken Pot Pie or Tuesday for the pork and sauerkraut.

Bread filling is not 'filling' - Pennsylvania Dutch filling is a potato/bread/onion/celery casserole. If you want it, you need to leave Lancaster County and head to Berks a County where it's still served.

4  Thank saramatthews