“Made my Husband Very Happy”

Dienner's Country Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Ronks
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 28, 2008

We read the reviews here and wrote it down as a place to try. I didn't write the address as I figured I could always ask. When we got to our hotel, they didn't know of the place. We never saw an ad for it and no one we asked could tell us where it was. Luckily we drove past it on our last day and we were so glad that we stopped. A small buffet with plain decor, but excellent taste! Roasted chicken that was moist and constantly being replenished by staff. Even though they close at 6, I saw the cook filling up the buffet at 5:50 for the diners that were still eating. All the comfort food of the Pa Dutch, and a nice salad and dessert bar. Desserts weren't their strong point but that was ok because I was stufffed! And yes, as stated, it is run by Mennonite-Amish so the view of the kitchen was about 20 whisks and a zillion spoons and the old metal hand mixers you hand spin. Very clean, very casual, very tasty!

4  Thank DAM173
There are newer reviews for Dienner's Country Restaurant

Reviewed May 24, 2008

I finally had the opportunity to get to Dienner's Restaurant. Several other reviewers recommended this place and I'd just like to echo all the good feedback.

While their selection is more limited than usual buffets in the area, their food quality is worth the trip. And, I will certainly return there as a very satisfied customer.

I would also like to add that Dienner's food is authentic Pa Dutch. While I was eating I could see Amish people working in the kitchen.

Also, several people have mentioned a long wait to me. However, the good thing about their wait is that they are surrounded by very nice stores and their hostess gave us a beeper that can be heard a distance away.

Just-Want-To-Say

6  Thank Just-Want-To-Say
Reviewed May 4, 2008

My SO and I just got back from an overnight trip to Lancaster. We've stayed in Lancaster before and eaten at Good N Plenty and various other places - so I was intrigued by the reviews of this place.

Well, it's been awhile since it's been reviewed here, and I have to say - it's still just as good. We had the lunch buffet - and a soda each - and the bill came to just under $20. Where can you beat that???

We had comfort food - chicken, stuffing, mashed potato's and gravy, veggies. The buffet is not huge - but the food in it is wonderful. And dessert is included - including the refrig'd case of pies and the ice cream machine. The servers were just the right mix of attentive but not intrusive. We got there around height of lunch hour on a Saturday but the wait wasn't more than 15 minutes.

We travel quite a bit - usually do many road trips on motorcycle as well as by car - and one of the measures I use in gaging if we want to eat at a place is how many cars with local license plates are in the lot - if the locals won't eat it, we don't want to either. Dienners had a lot of locals in it to boot. We'll definitely be back.

2  Thank AllieInMD
Reviewed December 19, 2007

This is a fantastic restaurant and one of the best places to get Pennsylvania Dutch food. The breakfast buffet is the best you will find, period. It is well stocked with hearty PA Dutch staples such as scrapple, home fries, baked oatmeal, and fried mush, dried beef gravy, and pork (pan) pudding, not to mention the usual breakfast suspects. Lunch and dinner are also great. Be sure to try the sweet potato fries. The staff are friendly and effcient.

4  Thank amishfriend
Reviewed November 2, 2007

After reading that this was one of the best places to eat in Lancaster County, I decided to give it a try on my vacation. I agree with everyone who recommeded it. The whole dinner buffet was great. For a little over $8(during the week) you can't go wrong. There is a great amount of food and dessert to choose from that you definately get your money's worth. Even dinners off the menu were inexpensive. Plus everything I tried was excellent. Why pay almost $20 per person for a buffet when you can great food here for much less. The only con was the long wait but it was worth it. Highly recommened!!

4  Thank HistTrvlr