“A treasured, family place for us!”

Dienner's Country Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Ronks
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My name is Stephanie Lutz Dickinson - I don't mind leaving my name - because my experience at Dienner's was one of utmost, emotional joy! Believe it or not, I am from Lancaster County and had never been to Dienner's. Finally, when several of my friends said to me, "You're kidding! Never been to Dienner's? You've GOT to GO!" We decided to gather the family together in order to celebrate my dear Dad's 86th birthday. Dad was a cancer survivor and we were just so thrilled to be able to celebrate yet another birthday. This party was held in April of this year, 2012. We had a lovely time, enjoyed the outstanding Pennsylvania Dutch food and "country" service; also, desserts were everything I remembered as a kid (we had Amish neighbors and my mother used to ask for their recipes!). Everything was delicious! We had a lovely time; even Mr. Dienner himself came over to our table to wish Dad a happy birthday. Now, here is the emotional part: little did we know that the cancer would return, and this would be Dad's last birthday. He passed two months later almost to the day of our meeting at Dienner's. I'll always cherish this restaurant and that "special table" (they pushed together two in order to accomodate our family). I continue to eat there from time to time and must confess that some tears come when I am there and reminisce. Thank you, Dienners, for becoming a part of a treasured, family memory for us. You helped to make Dad's gathering so very special!

There are newer reviews for Dienner's Country Restaurant

Reviewed October 29, 2012

It was SOOOOO good. It was a little bland as most Dutch/Amish is but nothing a little salt and pepper won't cure. The taste of the food was great. Anyone that goes away hungry just didn't try 1/2 the food. The buffet has a huge variety of different taste, and it includes the breads, salad, and the desserts. Take your buzzer and wait because it's worth it.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Nothing to dislike....it's all sooooo good:) Get there early ....it gets very busy....but well worth the wait!!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We went here for their breakfast buffet, and although it was not a bad meal, I would not say it was great. The service was mediocre, and the food was bland. The only things that the waitress did was bring a cup of coffee, and the bill. When the bill was brought, it had a space to make sure you knew that a tip was expected.

There are so many other places in this area that I would have to say that I would not return here. It was inexpensive, but that really doesn't enter into my review.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Two couples met up here for a meal and to catch up on each of our lives since we last got together. Because one couple from Arkansas specifically requested Pennsylvania Dutch food we made it a point to search for the best in the Lancaster area. After spending a considerable amount of time researching the area restaurants, we settled on Dienner's. We since have decided that there don't appear to be ANY sit-down restaurants in the area serving fresh, interesting, and tasty Pennsylvania Dutch food. They all seem to be a variation on a buffett.
Now the good news. We were greeted by a very pleasant, smiling young lady who informed us that there would be a fifteen minute wait. Within that time frame we were seated and our server soon appeared to explain that we could either choose the buffett which "most people choose" or we could order off the menu that had traditional (hamburgers, chicken fingers) food. We chose the buffett that had a limited selection of quite ordinary food. None of the food was bad, neither was it especially noteworthy. The surroundings were quite pleasant, in a country way, and the place sure was buzzing with activity. We noticed that some of the locals were dining there. Maybe they come for the bargain price!

1  Thank bretseahorse