“Great location, clean hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Lancaster
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Ronks
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed here over the 4th of July holiday. The hotel was clean and well kept. Location can't be beat, we even walked down to the mini golf and the outlets one night that it wasn't 100 degrees out. :-)
The pool was eh, too warm and usually overcrowded but clean enough. Beware they are NOT kidding when they say slippery when wet, both of us adults nearly came crashing down holding kids while navigating around the room. Also if you go in the afternoons there are no towels to be had.
The room was nice, AC is funny in that it only seems to run while you are in the room so when you get in the room it feels steamy, but we found it cooled off very quickly. In fact at night it seemed to be a choice of freeze or steam. We chose freeze and kept the spare blanket handy. :-) The shower was fine and we never had temp or pressure issues even with a full hotel. We stayed on the 3rd floor corner room by 896, we did hear the road noise but it never woke us up - except for 1 set of motorcycles.
Breakfast was fine, nothing to write home about - waffles, hard boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy, cereal, yoghurt, etc. There are not enough seats, go early! We got there by 8ish every day and that seemed to work.
The 1 lady at the front desk - wish I remembered her name, she was a brunette and was on when we checked in Tuesday at 3ish - was wonderful! So friendly and helpful!!! Later I encountered a gentleman who was fine, but didn't really go overboard to help like the first lady. Last day was a blond woman, every time I approached the desk I seemed to be interrupting her. I was there 4 times in 3 days and each time was a sigh and you could almost hear the eye-roll.

Room Tip: Corner by 896 - 3rd floor. You could hear road noise but not enough to wake you up (until the Harle...
1  Thank njnoke

A TripAdvisor Member
Jamaica, New York, USA
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I was presently surprised with La Quinta. I have never stayed at one before because they always seemed more like a Motel 6 to me. This La Quinta was very clean, fresh and comfortable. The bed was perfect for sleeping and I actually overslept every night. The free breakfast was average, the coffee was great. The location was perfect (almost walking distance) for visiting the Sight & Sound Theater, The Amish Village and a few of the popular buffets. Some staff members were friendly, others seemed very standoff-ish. I would stay here again. My only complaint is the lighting in the room. I love that energy efficient lamps are used, but they are using the wrong color for a hotel room. If anyone in management reads this review, please purchase bulbs with a lower Kelvin rating (2700K is the best for intimate settings). I felt like I was inside of a bug lamp when the lights were on.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We normally stay in La Quintas because they are dog friendly and this location is a good example of their newer facilities. We were upgraded to a Suite which was especiallyt nice. With the door closed to our bedroom, not a bit of noise from the rest of the hotel. I have to note that the hotel is between two roads that have a lot of truck traffic. It didn't keep us awake, but we were certainly aware of it well into the night.

Room Tip: There is truck traffic on roads near the hotel, so I suggest asking for a room as far away from Eas...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I usually do not write these type of reviews for the average stay but this past weekend was a big disappointment. Started with arriving at 2pm and our room wasn't ready but understood because we were early. By 4pm our room was ready on the 3rd floor but the elevators were out of service so we had to take the stairwell. When we got to our room it was hot and damp. Air took hours to cool the room down. My wife is a diabetic and needed the in room fridge for her insulin but upon opening that it was broken as well (we purposely got a suite so we would have a fridge and micro). Called the front desk and the gentleman came up to tell us, yes it is broke and we are full this weekend so I can't swap it out for another so I had to get a cooler with ice to keep her medication in for the weekend. Also, went to use the bathroom and the sink had no water pressure. We went to check out the pool and it was extremely cloudy as well so decided to pass on going it for a dip... Breakfast was also terrible with Very Limited selections (only hot option was waffles). And best of all, all this for a small charge of $188 a night. What a rip off and will not stay here again. Don't understand all the great reviews but it wasn't great over the 4th of July weekend that's for sure...

2  Thank Rob R
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We brought our son and his family to visit the Strasburg Railroad Museum. We were quite pleased with the La Quinta. Our rooms were clean, spacious and quiet. This is a pet friendly hotel, which is usually something I would avoid. However, there was no evidence of a pet having been in the rooms we occupied. The location was very convenient for everything we wanted to do. It is a block off the main street, so it was quiet. I would stay here again if I came to the Lancaster area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Our first time staying at a LaQuinta. The property was very well maintained, the front desk lady was very friendly, and had a nice basic breakfast in the morning.

The property is pet friendly and it looks like most of their properties are pet friendly, which makes it easier for me to travel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My sister & I stayed here for the first time. The location is just what we wanted in the heart of Lancaster. Close to everything. Our stay was spot on. Everyone was very accommodating.
Response to our needs were quicker than I have ever experienced anywhere else. Unfortunately we had to cut our stay a day short because of sickness. You can be sure we will be back again next year.
Judy

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronks
Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets
#13 of 40 in Lancaster
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lancaster East - Strasburg
2 mi away
Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites Ronks

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Lancaster? Share your experiences!