“Enjoyed Katies”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed August 31, 2014

We had driven by Katie's m times but decided to stop for dinner on a Tuesday evening in August. We enjoyed our meal and the service was excellent. The menu offered a good selection from sandwiches to full diners with a good variety of sides. The food was delicious and the cake was fantastic. We will definitely be going back again.

Reviewed August 28, 2014

Great food. Nice menu. Prices are so reasonable. Lots of "Amish" type food along with burgers and wraps. All the Amish wait staff was so friendly. Will visit again and again!

1  Thank Sandra D
Reviewed August 27, 2014

We decided to give Katy's a try. There were so many interesting places to chose from. I had the chicken pot pie which is really chicken , gravy and noodle/dumplings. It was good and I even got two bones to prove it was real chicken! The cole slaw was excellent. You get a roll with a peanut butter spread which was good. My husband had noodles with beef and sauce and stewed tomatoes over the top. I felt it had a strange taste. I had shoo fly pie which was ok as was my husbands peanut butter pie. I am not sure I would go back but one time is ok. However our "Amish" waitress needs to find another job! We waited 45 minutes for food-she never came to table and I flagged her down and she had forgotten to put the order in. Had to flag her down to get the pie and more drink. It was a 2 hour meal!

Reviewed August 26, 2014

During our visit of the Amish village, named as Bird in Hand, our guide indicated us that this restaurant is an authentic Amish cooking. Thus, we decided to give it a try, and we were not disappointed at all.
All the staff in the restaurant had their Amish clothing, giving authenticity to the name of the restaurant. In addition, their menu was consist of several authentic Amish cooking and other "ordinary" food.
I tried one of their authentic food, and it was so tasty. My family took a different cooking and also enjoy it.
So, if you are in Pennsylvania and want to visit the Amish community (Highly recommended) , try to eat their authentic food in this restaurant.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

We like to go to the local fare rather than chain restaurants. I ordered roast turkey, my daughter ordered ham loaf, kids had fish & chips and chicken wrap. Everyone was happy with their food and it was somewhat reasonable. I believe the wait staff are Amish, but their dresses under aprons looked a bit English. We would go back again.