“Best central Location For the price”

Days Inn Lancaster PA Dutch Country
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Ronks
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Our family reunion of 11 people this year was in Lancaster, Pa. We stayed at three different hotels. The Days Inn in Ronks was the least costly and by far the best location. The other family members spent much more and the only plus that they received was a pool and play ground for youngsters on site. We all went to the train museum and to the Kitchen Kettle shops. Each of these were about 4 miles and about 10 to 15 minutes away. The other people spent 20 minutes to travel through Lancaster city and then pass by our Days Inn to get to most places. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly and professional. The breakfast was okay, in line with price per night. Had great stay and would recommend as a place to stay in Lancaster area for sightseeing, But it not a resort, just no nonsense clean, comfortable place to get to area attractions without the hassle of traffic congestion.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are slightly larger and there is no elevator. There are adjoining rooms that are g...

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I have been to this particular Days Inn many times and have given it a positive review in the past. However, not this time. My mom and I checked in on Sat June 14 and checking out Wed June 18. On Sunday June 15 we left the room around noon and clearly placed the Do Not Disturb sign on the door. I returned around 7PM to find the sign was gone and the room had been cleaned. Unfortunately I had a small dish on the dresser I was using for my mom's medication there and it was gone.Not monetary value but my mom and I were extremely upset. I do have to say the front desk people were very nice and apologized to me. I wanted to speak to the manager and was told he would be in on Mon morning. He was not. I left messages on his voice mail, he has never given me the courtesy of a call back. I have also called Customer Care at the Corporate office. They said he has called but could not get in touch with me. That is a lie. Here it is July 16 and not a word, apology or otherwise. We checked out on Monday morning and went to another location for the remainder of our trip.I would NEVER go back there and urge others to do the same.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Ellie7555
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Where should I begin. First of all, the rooms were filthy! We didn't check in until almost 6:00pm and our rooms still hadn't even been cleaned yet. (My family had a total of 4 rooms reserved for the 10 of us traveling to the Sight and Sound Theater.) They gave my brother-in-law a key for a room for their family, when they unlocked the door and went in, THERE WAS STILL PEOPLE THERE WHO HADN'T LEFT YET!! Although they weren't actually in the room, all their belongings were. Can you imagine how they would have felt if they were in the room and a total stranger (my brother-in-law) walked in on them? HOW SAFE DOES THAT MAKE YOU FEEL???? The man at the front desk acted like it was no big deal and just gave him another key. Once they entered the next room, they found toe nail clippings, peanut shells and other filth on the floor. Glitter, glue, etc... on the table, stains on the bed to name a few. They said they would clean it while we were out to dinner, but when we returned it barely looked like they had done anything. We think they didn't even change the sheets, but just pulled they sheets up. While we were out we bought a can of Lysol to use. We emptied the can, needless to say. None of the 4 rooms were clean. They have to be very short staffed. The breakfast had just a few choices, not near as nice as selection as the breakfast at a Comfort Inn offers. The dining area was very small and was right inside the front door. You walked in the front doors and right into the tables and chairs - no lounge area like most hotels offer. The breakfast was served 6:00 to 9:00 (which seems a little early to ending time). I went to the front desk to get a copy of my recept at 11:00am when checking out, I glanced over at the breakfast bar and it was filthy! Spills still everywhere 2 hours after breakfast was over. There was no one tending to the area all during breakfast (or after breakfast - obviously). I found and filled the napkins at one point because there was a juice spill that needed cleaned up. I could go on and on, but I think I'm running out of room. I wish I could give it a "0" star rating, but I have to at least give "1"

Room Tip: Don't stay at the Days Inn of Lancaster is the best tip I can give!
Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank tmd41
Reviewed July 5, 2014

If you want a place to sleep close to the major roads and attractions this hotel is good. The price was great in relationship to the other hotel chains around the area. You get a simple continental breakfast included. There are no other amenities. It is 2 minutes from Rt. 30 on Rt. 896. Outlets - 2 minutes, 5 minutes to Dutch Wonderland; Sight and Sound 10 minutes; Strasburg Railroad 15 minutes. If you are looking for a place in the country with farms around this is not the place for you.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

My family chose this hotel based on price and proximity to Dutch Wonderland. We definitely weren't disappointed. The park was just a couple of miles down the road and there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance.
Our room had two double beds for mom/dad/2 kids. The linens were fresh and the pillows and mattress were comfortable. Plenty of tv channels and free wifi were appreciated. The bathroom was clean. The refrigerator and microwave were both clean.
The free breakfast included mini muffins, bagels, toast, cereal, oatmeal, apples and oranges, juice, coffee, tea, and the belgian waffle maker. Breakfast ends promptly at 9:00.
The check-in and check-out were easy and the staff were friendly and helpful. I don't have any complaints. This was a great deal through our Allstate motor club and we'd definitely stay here again.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Had a good night of sleep as it is off the highway a little and was quiet. Our only complaint is that the commons area for breakfast was very crowded and it felt like we had to rush to finish so others could find seating. Otherwise we had a great stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank RonM2012
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Days Inn Lancaster PA Dutch Country is a fine hotel. It is located just off Rte 30, on Rte 896. The hotel is within walking distance to Rockvale Outlets and a number of restaurants. The rooms are clean and comfortable. There is generally a refrigerator in each room and a 2 cup coffee maker. (We generally bring our 10 cup coffee pot, as their pot is simply too small.) There is no pool at this hotel and you need to specifically ask for a downstairs room if climbing stairs is an issue, there is NO elevator. We did have some difficulty during our first stay, and questioned whether to try again. We did and were pleased with the return visit. Prices are good and as I stated, the hotel is centrally located in midst of Amish Country.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronks
Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn
Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lancaster
Cherry Lane Motor Inn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites Ronks

Been to Days Inn Lancaster PA Dutch Country? Share your experiences!