“Location, location, location with comford!”

Days Inn Lancaster PA Dutch Country
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Ronks
Reviewed September 20, 2011

My wife & I have stayed at this Days Inn a number of times. For us it is very well located. The outlets shops and major restaurants are located within blocks. Longworth Gardens, antique shops and many other tourist places are close by. Our last stay we had our two grand children along after a busy day at a local amusment park. Check in was easy, the room as always was clean and without the smell of chemicals. The four of us had a relaxing night in anticipation for another active day!

Room Tip: Rooms facing south receive early moring sun.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
MyGHMhotels, General Manager at Days Inn Lancaster PA Dutch Country, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2011

Dear Dennyl236,

Our Team at the Days Inn Dutch Country are extremely excited to read your review and to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We highly promote positive and impeccable cleanliness here at our property and commend our staff for it. We are one of Lancaster's best priced hotels in the best location. Thank you once again for the positive feedback.

Reviewed September 17, 2011

My husband, son, and I needed somewhere to stay overnight during the Bird-in-Hand "Amish Country Run, Ride, and Soar Festival," in which I was running the 5k Friday evening after our arrival and my husband was running the Half-Marathon EARLY Saturday morning (comfy beds were a MUST). All the Bird-in-Hand accommodations recommended on the event website were way out of reach for our budget, so we looked five minutes away and found this Days Inn to be just what we needed. The staff seemed like one, big, happy family, very pleasant and polite, and the 6 a.m. promised breakfast was actually ready when my husband rose to prepare for his race at 5 a.m.!! Our only reason for not giving a higher rating is that the cleaning seemed as if it was done by the same family members who are running the hotel and are therefore stretched too thin to be thorough. Delightful decor was hampered in leaving the desired first impression by the musty smell of the room, seemingly un-vacuumed floor and less than stellar bathroom (whose door didnt close all the way, but that doesn't bother us, being one big happy family ourselves!). The water pressure was great, but it just wasn't the professional level of clean I expect in any hotel. Great staff, location, and parking, comfy beds, no noise from other guests, definitely a good deal!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank GMCmommy
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Had a reservation for Sept.10th. This was when area was flooding. Called on Sept. 9th to cancel. This was not enough notice and they charged my card anyway. I canceled because the news was advising against unnecessary travel. I called the local emergency center and they advised flooding of roads I would have to use and the river was not to crest until something Sat., the day I was to arrive. I felt it was not necessary to go and potentially get into the public safety workers way. Motel refused to let me cancel, wanting me to travel anyway. Says a lot for what they think of their customers and the local public safety workers.
Called Days Inn coporate and they were going to try and help. Promised a call back but still have not heard form them.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank JAD555Roanoke
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Ice machine broke, wi-fi down, toilet continuously ran,and breaker out for fridge and micro-wave. Anything else!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank levii
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I booked this hotel through the Wyndham Rewards website, and found a deal for what is titled a "$10 Gas Card Package". I was to receive $10 per night (we stayed 3 nights) in gas cards upon check out. Of course when I went to check out, the girl at the front desk said they didn't have gas cards. She called her manager, telling him, yes, it is their hotel and the paperwork indicated that I should received three $10 gas cards upon check out. The manager said they don't have gas cards and he never heard of this. Imagine that... so, who is pocketing the money that is supposed to be given to a Wyndham Rewards remember? Hmmm... Believe all the reviews that tell you to take your paperwork with you and be prepared for a confrontation. Frankly, this hotel is not "up to par" and should not be considered a property for Wyndham Reward members. There was thick dust on the a/c system, and the bathroom was in need of vast improvement. There is a sign attached to the wall in the bathroom indicating, "if the toilet is about to overflow, please turn the knob located to the left of the toilet and then call the office." Are you kidding me? Their hot breakfast is a joke compared to a Wyndham property. There were no coffee cups available the first morning. The woman working there apologized. I called Wyndham, Days Inn, and anyone else I can think of to let them know this place is ripping people off of their "package" deals. My next stop is the Better Business Bureau. I will NEVER stay at this property again and I urge anyone considering staying there to think twice.

3  Thank Biz-e-Momof2
MyGHMhotels, General Manager at Days Inn Lancaster PA Dutch Country, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

Dear notfrequenttravelers,

I'm sincerely very sorry about the inconvenience that was caused to you which led your vacation and your year on a wrong footing. I would love to make it better for you, if given the chance.

I understand it is frustrating that you booked your reservation with assuming to receive a gas card. However, after researching further into this program which was mentioned by Wyndham Worldwide, is truly not by Wyndham Worldwide and is by traveler's advantage. I have attached supporting documents and links to show how to process for your gas card program and how they are not through the hotel. Please see bottom of email for link.
This is also an excerpt I found online for your reference.

"Travelers Advantage is one of the best programs that you could ever join, I frequently travel as I am in a long distance relationship and I found information about this program when I booked a stay at my local [Wyndham Property] and I was contacted by a representative of the company by a chat who told me that she would be willing to give me a discount on the hotel stay that I just booked if I was willing to chat with her and all I had to do was say hi and of course I responded by saying hi and she informed me that my account showed that I would benefit from joining travels advantage and that it could offer me a lot, she said that I had thirty days to enjoy the program without any charge and that if I decided I liked it then I would have to pay just $ 12.00 a month but I would get a lot back in return and enjoy the program. So, I went ahead and signed up to try the program and she sent me a coupon for $30.00 off my stay that I had booked. I filled out the form which only required a receipt and my name and date of stay and mailed it off. I got my check back within 10 days for the full amount of $30 which I was very happy with because my one night stay went from costing me $65 for one night to almost half of the price. The coupon is sent to you in an email so you have the ability to use it more than once and I have done so twice for stays of just one night which have cut my hotel costs in half. They also send you a package of coupons for car rentals that will give you 10 % off or two days free when you week a car for a week. With coupons like this you can see that the program pays for itself if you do travel, most of all I loved the $30.00 coupon because it makes it affordable to actually stay for a night when your traveling. I am happy with what I got and also with the quick turn around once I mailed the coupon out. They also gave me a coupon code when I called up and asked if I qualified for any additional discounts. I was able to apply the coupon code that the representative gave me when booking a hotel night which made it even cheaper. I have been a member of this program for just a short while but I must say I am considering staying because the $ 12 fee is a small asking price when your using the coupons that they send you to book cars and the $ 30 discount coupon to slash your hotel stays to half the price. So, if you travel a lot then this program is well worth the keep for what it can offer you because the longer you stay the more coupons you get for hotel stays and meal vouchers. If you do not travel a lot then I suggest you sign up for the program and get the coupon so that you can use it to your advantage but I will probably be keeping this program because it gives you discounts on an extensive network of hotels."

After researching further for your convenience I spoke to Wyndham and they agreed that this program is only through Traveler's Advantage and the gas card is through them. Please let me know if there is any other way I can best support or help you. I know how frustrating it can be. Please do honestly believe me that we are truly here for you. However, this program is not from us it is from Traveler's Advantage.

I apologize many times because we the Days Inn team feel really terrible that you were unable to rectify with us, even though we tried so much.
Please let me know if there is anything else I can personally do for you. I would love to.
Best Regards,

Dave Gandhi, GM

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 14, 2011

Hotel is located near major outlet malls. Room was decent. Managers live in house adjacent to hotel. Door did not lock unless slammed. Parking was somewhat limited. Tub had slow drain that took 2 requests & 2 days to resolve. Ice machine was broken. Employees did not keep breakfast area stocked then got uppity when guests tried to find cutlery. If you get a good price then stay here. Otherwise there are lots of other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
MyGHMhotels, General Manager at Days Inn Lancaster PA Dutch Country, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2011

Dear verrine,

We want to first thank you so much for the positive feedback you have given us. We truly appreciate it and want to strive even harder to serve you better. Just for thereasons you mentioned we have recently appointed a 24/7 MOD on site to better serve you and your needs. We really apologize that your stay wasn't perfect and we just made Par. We want to make sure we go above and beyond. We will ensure by the next time you stay with us, my hope is we would have exceeded your expectations.
Thanks for your time.

Reviewed August 13, 2011

We originally booked here because the price was right, we were needing adjoining rooms for extended family, and the location is ideal. But the staff was so great and eager to help that we booked our next family trip here right away!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Dear Kate47267,

We the Days Inn Team at the Dutch Country were very excited to hear that your stay was nothing less than exceptional. We appreciate the positive feedback as it motivates our staff to strive better and better.
They say encouragement will motivate a person for a lifetime.
Thanks and hope to see you soon.
Dave Gandhi

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronks
Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lancaster
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lancaster
Eastbrook Inn
Eastbrook Inn
#4 of 16 in Ronks
Rodeway Inn Amish Country
Rodeway Inn Amish Country
#28 of 40 in Lancaster

Been to Days Inn Lancaster PA Dutch Country? Share your experiences!