“Campers Beware!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Robesonia
Adventure Bound Camping Resort - Eagles Peak
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I have been camping at this campground for the last 6 years. We annually make 2-3 trips a year to Eagle's Peak because it's a short drive and convenient. But last October after a weekend there for Halloween, I will never give this campground and Adventure Bound another dime of my money. Upon exiting the campground, my tire truck was punctured by the road spike mechanism they in place. I got to the bottom of the hill and had to quickly return to the campground before all of the air was out of the tire. Although a few staff members did help me change the tire, I am more pissed off at the fact that the gentlemen staff member that I spoke to basically told me that they would not compensate me for having to have to purchase a new tire for my vehicle. As a result of this little fiasco, I had to replace all 4 tires on my truck sooner than I was financially planning. My tire technician looked at the tire and concluded that the damage was definitely due to their faulty piece of equipment. Luckily only one tire was punctured. I initially attempted to deal with getting compensated for the damage from the management at the campground, but I was quickly diverted to the corporate office in Florida. I began the process of trying to speak with "Wayne Jr." at the corporate office in Florida and after 5 attempts to speak with him I finally did and he told me that my insurance should cover the issue. I spoke with my insurance and they said absolutely not. So I called Wayne back and as of the last conversation, he made it very clear that Adventure bound would do nothing to help me, not even split the difference of the costs. Wayne Jr. was very rude to me during our conversation and made no attempt to make things right. With customer service like this, they apparently don't value the people who pay their salaries. I have enclosed pictures of the defective tire spike mechanism and of my damaged tire.

So, a warning to all who camp at Eagle's Peak: THE TIRE SPIKE MECHANISM AT THE EXIT OF THE CAMPGROUND IS NOT WORKING CORRECTLY AND YOU STAND A VERY HIGH CHANCE OF LOSING TIRES! Don't be fooled by these owners/managers. Many of you here have written comments on how friendly the staff is.........I disagree. They are not very friendly at all.........especially to kids. So long Eagle's Peak!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
19  Thank Jim O
There are newer reviews for Adventure Bound Camping Resort - Eagles Peak

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Site was smaller than lead to believe when booking. After squeezing the 28ft RV in, we barely had room for a two person tent out front. Our overnight guests slept right by the road where golf carts n vehicles passed frequently until way after the 11:00 quiet time. At $17.50 per adult they would have been better off getting their own tent site for couple more dollars. Being placed next to as well as behind Seasonal sites had OUR site rather boxed in. I sat at the picnic table under awning n could reach back n touch the Seasonal camper. Couldnt even walk around back of RV without dealing with Seasonals wood pile. After arrival found out that Fun Zone was only open for two hours in morning n two hours in late afternoon (very disappointed 9yr old). 18 hole miniature golf was expensive for what it was n jammed together in VERY small area($4.50)(average hole length bout 10ft). Paddle boats? Yea, four of them on the bank of pond inoperable. Peddle Carts = $6 1/2hr $10 hr (crazy!).. men's shower room while having plenty hot water, was deplorable n run down. Hell the shower head came out of rundown ceiling tiles/rusted tracking n forced me to have my back against the wall in order to get under the water or practically put my face against wall yo get wet. LoL but not really funny. Game room was packed full n had a pool table but not much room to move in such a small room. Ice was $2.30 for what might of been 3lbs in a 5 lb bag. Staff was friendly/polite.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank mnkymstr
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We will be brief with what is good and bad, and give you more details later. Also, I made a short list of tent camping sites that we would use, in case you are unfamiliar with this place.

Lets start with the good things about Eagles Peak Camping Resort.

+ Check in is right at the gate entrance.
+ Office/store is decent....lite on the groceries, but lots of options on other store necessities.
+ They take you to your site, or show up to make sure that you found it.
+ Resort staff are very helpful and friendly.
+ Water park, 2 pools, and the children's playground are all in one central location.
+ Great activity area for both kids and adults.
+ Free Wifi at Store/Activities area.
+ Nice looking Mini Golf, near the entrance gate.
+ Very clean, and lots of greenery for shade.
+ Clean bathrooms with good water pressure.
+ Recreation Hall is near the fishing lake, and not in a high traffic location.
+ Eagles Peak's fishing lake is one of the better campground lakes we have seen.
+ Looking for Peace and Quiet for a group of 2 trailers or motor homes? Check out the 2 sites down near the fishing lake.
+ Everyone who camped in our area were happy, smiling, and eager for the next adventure.
+ One more thing to top things off, there are 2 really good eating options within 8 miles of the campground.

Now for the not so likeable things about the campground/resort.

- Showers need work.
- Golf Cart traffic.
- Larger gravel on roads makes more noise.
- Very narrow roads in the upper section of Hawk Run, Raven Rd., Falcon loop 1 and Falcon loop 2.
- Redneck country music, blasting towards tent sites i to t. No concerns for the other people.

Now, before I begin........ If you are a tent camper and looking for good sites, I have made a short list of sites that I would use.

Top of the list are sites 167 and 246. Next would be sites 233, 234, 235, and 262. Final choices for good campsites are sites 210, 245, 251, and 252. These are only recommended starter locations, depending on your needs. Once you are camping, look around for other sites that would also meet your needs. All of these blue marked sites are Water and Electric.

Also, for those tent camping lovers, there are sites i to DD. Mostly open sun, with some shade available. All grassy, slightly sloping terrain, with no electric...........but water stations are nearby. I have seen several multiple tent camping families, take these areas.

The only problem that I can think of? If the grass is wet and you have an emergency, you will probably need a 4 wheel drive vehicle to get out. On nice sunny days, I have seen cars have no problems with the grass.

SHOWERS NEED WORK.
A rusted vent cover, high up the shower wall.
A rusty door latch.
A shower curtain that is 10 inches off of the floor........Keep your shoes well back.
One wall hanger, that looks like it used to hold a hair dryer.
One small (narrow) seat. Barely enough to put my clothes, my shampoo, my body wash, and my hair dryer on.
The shower itself is a generous 4 1/2 ft. x 3 1/2ft., and with great water pressure. But the least they could do is add another small seat, on the other wall in the dressing area.

Lots of water condensation, coming off the toilets and other areas in the bathroom. A slip hazard in the making?
I believe that they are cleaned twice a day, and that is a good feature.

Now for dining outside of camp.
The one place is, Adrian's Family Restaurant, Richland, PA. Best California Cheese Steak for myself, and Barbs was also really good. Large size only $6.50 each, and we barely finished them. Good portion sizes. Small salad bar that goes with the many pasta dishes on the menu.

Look for our review on Adrian's Family Restaurant.

Heidelberg Family Restaurant is another one that we stopped in. Barb enjoyed the salad bar, the seafood bisque soup, and the crab patties w/ french fries. Check their menu online, to get a better look at what is available. My shrimp stir fry was quite good, with 11 large shrimp in it.

Now, back to Eagles Peak Campground/Resort. Take the time to look over their activities schedule.
Whether you are looking for some quiet time, or "pony up to Bingo".
Surviving the sound onslaught by the DJ, or jumping into the wet and wild. It is all up to you.

There are many joys to be had, but there has never been a perfect campground.

Barb and I see and wave to the friendly campers, and we giggle at the children's smiles and "open wide" eyes.
We savor the smell of BBQ chicken, corn on the cob, and fresh baked potatoes on a Weber grill, and marvel at the guy who just flipped all of that food, without spilling his beer.
We yawn as we watch people rub their eyes in late evening, as they sit around a campfire telling stories......and smile at the vision of a burnt marshmallow on a stick.

The best to you all, and Happy Camping.

Jerryandbarb8

Room Tip: You can contact us if you have any questions.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank JerryandBarb8
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We went tent camping with five families and lots of kids and we had a blast. DJ at the pool was so much fun and they had many activities for the kids. Staff very friendly and bathrooms clean. Tent sites are on a hill that was the only downfall, was no level place to pitch the tent.
All and all this was second time we have gone and we plan on going again!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Sweetskins
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The employees at the store as well as the fun zone were more than helpful.
all your needs are met at their camp store or they directed us to the local shopping plaza. The fun zone is mainly for kids but they do make acceptions for those weekends that are not so busy for parents to join the fun. The spa is just a bubbly sitting area - no heat & nothing special, the adult pool is very chilly compared to the kiddie pool (all jokes aside its heated) but its fun to be with the kids anyhow. The cleanest bathhouse to go to for comfort is by the main entrance (back by the dumping station & playground *look to your left*) showers you turn the water on & it stays on - the bath house by us you had to keep hitting the button for water! OVERALL all the campground is well groomed HOWEVER the BATHHOUSE near our site (#163) was GROSS especially for little children who have to sit (this bathhouse looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months). You might question why we used the bathhouse being we rented an rv??? 7 people & 1 bathroom - you do the math!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bradybunch08753
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed here over a holiday weekend in their Pond View Farmhouse. The Putt-Putt Golf Course is being renovated so my grandson was extremely disappointed. Pool was nice adn not overly crowded. Roads between campers are very narrow and sites are small. the farmhouse that we rented was "Renovated". Hard to say, There were 3 window AC units, 1 in each bedroom upstairs and one in the Living Room downstairs. The Sunroom was so hot during the day that it was uninhabitable. The only way to cool it was we bought 2 box fans @ Lowes and used them to direct cooler air into the room from the Living Room. The "Fully Equipped Kitchen" was far from it. Fortunately I baked a couple of pans of brownies before leaving because I did not want to haul a big bottle of oil. There were no baking dishes/cookie sheets and no bowls to mix anything in. The refrigerator did not have an ice-maker or trays to make ice, you had to buy it from the store. When we first arrived, the house had been shut up with no AC running. We started the AC units and came back 2 hours later. The only full bathroom could ONLY be accessed by going through one of the bedrooms. One quarter of the deck was roped off with caution tape. Overall it definitely was not worth the $250 plus per night.

Room Tip: Look somewhere else unless you are bringing your own RV.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Chuck F
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We found this campground clean and the staff were friendly. However the non-seasonal sites are really far from the pool, store, and fishing pond. It was quite a walk for the kids in our party. Bring bikes to this campground. You will need them! We had no hot water in our bathhouse for all of Sunday and had to drive to another bathhouse. That was not very convenient either.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Familycampingnuts
Also consider these accommodations in or near Robesonia
Fairfield Inn & Suites Reading Wyomissing
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lebanon
Lake in Wood Resort
Lake in Wood Resort
#1 of 2 in Narvon
Spring Gulch Resort Campground
Hershey RV & Camping Resort
Circle M RV & Camping Resort

Been to Adventure Bound Camping Resort - Eagles Peak? Share your experiences!