“Good campground”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Robesonia
Adventure Bound Camping Resort - Eagles Peak
Oley
“Good campground”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We called and made a reservation 4 days prior to arriving- we just wanted to have one more camping weekend before school started. This campground is one of the nicer camprgounds in the area. The pools are beautifully kept and very relaxing. Too bad the "spa" area is part of the main pool and not heated as much as I like and is connected to the main pool (meaning it shares the same water).
The campground offered many activites while we were there and our daughter and her friend seemed to enjoy them. My favorite being the ceramics... It was the best selection of ceramics I have seen at a campground ever with a large selection of acrylic paints to decorate the one you chose.

The bathrooms were clean but definitely not tended to as oftern as other facilities we have been to. The lake for catch and release fishing was ok but you could tell it was not stocked since the beginning of the season.

I am sure well willcome back for another weekend of camping in the future because it is so nearby and was a nice place to get away and enjoy some peace and quiet.

If you are looking for a RV resort this is not equivalent to a "resort" but it is a very nice campground.

4 Thank Jara200

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Hamburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This campground came highly recommended. The facilities and pool are very clean. If you have an allergy to poison ivy - dont camp here - especially if you have a site in the wooded area. I mentioned that I saw it all over the wooded area of the campground. I've been to many campgrounds in my lifetime and have never had a problem with poison ivy in between the sites. I called and talked to the campground manager and he said he would take care of it the next day. He did mention that he has never had the complaint before. I let him know that I saw it all over the wooded area of the campground.

2 Thank VS353
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Apparently the restrooms haven't been cleaned since the last review was made earlier this month. Unfortunately we had made reservations already and I just read the last review upon returning to write this review. We don't ask for much in the way of campgrounds, but is too hard to ask for bathing facilities to be attended to on a daily basis? We visited on a Sunday to Wednesday and the place was not very crowded, so it wasn't a factor of just too many people using the facilities. It's a shame because the grounds are well maintained and the pool is very nice. Now to review a couple things that the campground prominently features on its website and brochures... the swim-up soda bar and Fun Zone. The swim-up soda bar seems to open for about 2 hours a day between 11am-1pm. So if you're looking to get an ice cream snack, plan on getting it for your lunch. I couldn't believe it didn't reopen in the afternoon at some point. Maybe they could post the hours as a courtesy? As for the Fun Zone, it was open between 2 - 3:30, which was plenty of time and understandable because it needs to be attended. The attendants tried their hardest to turn it into the No Fun Zone, more like boot camp rather than a camping resort. My mild-mannered daughter even mentioned to us how bossy they were to our 4-yr old. Camping rates were typical of others in PA.

3 Thank BBandFam
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I went by the reviews on this website when planning my trip to PA. I can not say that I have the same opinion as the others. We have a very large camper and they put us back in the wood section in a back in site. My husband was not happy at all. At the start of the campsite there was two trees to try to dodge. The only way that we could get in our site was to get in the site in front of us and back into it. You could not get in it from backing in the site. When I told the office they said it was long enough for your camper. That was not the issue it is the getting in the site with the trees. The bathrooms were nasty. Then there was no hot water and we were told it was grass mowing day they could not work on that right now so we went a day and half with no hot water for showers. Then my daughter got locked in a shower room and could not get out. There was no one there at 9:00 at night to help and it took us an hour to get her out. The next night my son got locked in a different one and could not get him out. Others said yeah that happened to us too. I told them and they said we will check it out when we get a chance. Then there was a special that you stay 3 nights you get 4th night free. It did not show up on the bill so I asked about it and was told well you stayed 5 five nights you needed to book 4 nights then do the fifth night as a seperate night. I told them to get the manager at this point. I was not pleased at all. If you are going to Lancaster and Reading it is a lot of driving to get there and it wastes a bunch of time. Not the place to stay for site seeing and I wish someone had told me this before I booked it. Lots of time wasted driving. I wish we had stayed in Lancaster.

5 Thank kmcjustme1
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Had so much fun. Swim up and ate a hot dog at the pool, teen dance, volley ball, water slide. My parents liked it to so we are going back. Yeah! I like camping with my family and we like it here. Ooooo and a game room too.

2 Thank Kaarina N
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We can not say enough about the staff and clean (very) grounds/sites. From the moment we arrived we had staff willing to help us find our site (Tent site EE-wonderful), answer questions, and give directions to the local pizza spot--Justino's pretty good! We are big on camping and at the same time, big on being clean. WOWWWWW was this place clean. Our camp (EE) was spotless and the bathrooms were beyond acceptable-- crazy, mad clean. Im not big on letting our children stray to far from us but I was able (they were so happy) to allow them to go places (game room, camp store) by themselves-- permitting they stayed together. --Plenty of staff and people to keep a lockout for anyone who dare get besides themselves. --Plus, there is a gate as you enter so people are not free to come and go, unless they are reserved there. We can not say enough about the staff and how clean Eagles Peak is. --We never even saw a stray candy wrapper on the ground. --With kids combing the place??? Im impressed!! Hoping to visit the other Adventure Bound sites and pray their staff are as friendly, and their site is as clean. --We will be sure to return:)

Room Tip: Be sure to ask how far the bathrooms will be if you are in a tent. This site has hills (which make i...