“Very disappointing.”
Review of Riegelsville Inn

Riegelsville Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Riegelsville Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Riegelsville Inn is the offers exemplary dining in a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. Our menu showcases superior American cuisine influenced by classic French technique featuring uniquely paired ingredients.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Six of us came for an early Sunday dinner. The dining room was warm and inviting with the fireplace. Good wine and beer and an interesting although extemely pricey menu. We were pretty hungry and when they brought over the bread basket and tried to give us one small roll each I asked them to just leave the bread basket. They brought out another one also which was nice. Now for the bad part. My husband and I split the escargot appetizer (about $14!). I was looking forward to the typical escargot in a buttery garlic sauce to dip bread in. What we got were six mushroom caps with an escargot on each. The escargot was barely warm right out of the can. No sauce. First disappointment. I don't eat alot of red meat and sometimes I crave a steak. The only steak on the menu was a filet mignon for $30 plus! I asked for it medium rare. I should have noticed it said 'stuffed".Who stuffs a filet mignon? Someone trying to pass off an inferior cut of meat. What I got was not filet mignon. It was two flat pieces of beef, well done with a smear of something in between, so dry it took me five minutes to chew and swallow the only bite I took. I sent it back and had no dinner. I would have gotten a better steak at Applebees for half the price. I would say it's a nice place, stick to the bar food (lower expectations) and don't expect fine dining. They have alot of nerve charging those prices!

2  Thank Cindy M

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Many friends gave us restaurant certificates as a wedding gift because they knew we love to eat out. We were happy to finally be able to go the the Inn!

went there on a snowy evening the day after Christmas. Sat in the area by the bar, which was quite lively! We both had the filet and it was awesome! The room is beautiful and the fireplace was roaring. What a great place

Reviewed October 22, 2012

What a fantastic hidden spot in the road... quaint setting, lovely restaurant with a lot of character. Wood burning fireplace, great bar and beer selection, and wonderful food and service. If you are anywhere along the Delaware River in the New Hope area, this is a place you must try.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We went on a weekend evening to have a drink and some bar food. We had to wait a long time for someone to show up at the front desk to be seated. They were closing the kitchen soon so we ordered right away. The food was good and table settings were clean and neat.. Live music was playing and it was really nice. We sat outside on the front porch. The service was OK. They only thing that was awful was our "going to the car experience". One of the bar customers was urinating on the car next to ours. We saw this as we were approaching and before we could say anything he ran back into the bar.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

On a whim my husband and i travelled to the Riegelsville Inn in hopes to grab an after work drink (we love enjoying cocktails on their front porch). After looking over the menu we decided to order two appetizers and an entree. The first course was their fried calamari with garlic aioli. Although the portion was more than we could handle, it was fresh, perfectly seasoned and fried. Highly reccomend this to anyone who loves calamari. The second, their arugala salad was fresh and not overly dressed. The sea bass, our third course, was also very fresh and had wonderful flavors. I don't often eat at the Riegelsville but i have to say, i was very pleasantly surprised. The service was also very good. Lets hope it stays this way!