“Could benefit from some management”
Review of Riegelsville Inn

Riegelsville Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Riegelsville Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Riegelsville Inn is the offers exemplary dining in a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. Our menu showcases superior American cuisine influenced by classic French technique featuring uniquely paired ingredients.
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Could benefit from some management”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Our party of four went to the Riegelsville Inn to celebrate a local's birthday. There was no hostess when we entered, but a young woman did show up and said we could seat ourselves "wherever". We went to the "fine dining" section and located a four-person table with table settings and folded napkins but the linen on the table had food stains. We looked for another table, but the other options were either too small/big for our party or still had food from previous diners which had not yet been cleared, so we sat at the table with the stained linen. There were so many little misfires that could easily be addressed if there had been some management. The servers are inexperienced. Unlike other reviews I read here, our table never did get served any bread. My boyfriend ordered his steak "black and blue". The server didn't know what that was, so he explained that it should be practically raw on the inside and seared on the outside. When his steak arrived, it was WELL DONE! We also had to ask for a steak knife. I ordered monk fish and it was overcooked as well. The birthday girl ordered crab cakes and enjoyed them. The other person in our party ordered sea scallops and found them to be fine. There were several flies inside, which is to be expected (I suppose) when the doors open continually to serve the outdoor diners, but there were also fruit flies on the slice of lemon on the glass containing my drink. The best part of the meal was the dessert, but even that was misrepresented. The server said that the pumpkin cake was not available but there was a carrot cake replacement. That was fine with us since we like carrot cake. When the dessert arrived, it was the original pumpkin cake. The servers were nice enough to put a candle in the birthday girl's dessert and we did get refills on our drinks. Like another review I read, it seems like the Inn is cutting corners to lower their overhead. With the great location, this place has potential to be a really good dining experience, but they need someone managing the restaurant. I don't mind spending a little more for dinner as long as the quality and service are there. The Riegelsville Inn missed the mark.

• Visited August 2012

Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Horrendous in every way”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The staff was inattentive at best, and outright rude at times. The food was quite overpriced for the quality - I'm positive that there was imitation crabmeat in my "lobster" bisque. At $12 per, there shouldn't be any sign of imitation anything. The worst offense, however, was the charge for our cocktails. The drinks were terrible to begin with; I had to request more mixer because the drink was too strong and too sweet. When the bill came, we were charged separately for the mixers! And they charged us for 2 mixers, when there wasn't 1 full glass even in both cocktails combined. If a restaurant charges separately for mixers, the proper way to serve the cocktail is in separate glasses. This is, however an unheard of practice in this area so I'm not sure why they did it. Bottom line, this place is nowhere near the quality of a restaurant that should be charging such outrageous prices - avoid it.

• Visited August 2012
Delaware Water Gap, Pennsylvania
“Jalapeño Margaritas are Amazing!!!”
Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

Riegelsville Inn has the most awesome Jalapeño Margaritas! I didnt even LIKE Margaritas until I tried this version! Now we go back all the time JUST for them! The salmon Ceasar salad is really good as well and another salad my boyfriend had (which I can't remember the name of) was equally delicious! The décor is very interesting and the restaurant has almost a haunted feel to it. Overall very intriguing. We ride our mountain bikes on the canal behind the Inn and stop in for a little "reward" in the form of food & drink. Great little spot....!!!

Maryland
“Cute restaurant, ok service, mixed review for food”
Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

I came here from Maryland for dinner as part of a friends bachelorette party. We were treated well and given our own room, however the waitress was a little less than friendly. She seemed annoyed and somewhat short with us, though the busboy/ food runner was nice and enthusiastic. Most of the party ordered off of the pub menu, largely because the entrees were more in our price range ($10-$20), while the full dinner menu had some tasty-sounding options with prices $20-$40. Everyone enjoyed their crab cake sandwiches, the beef stew, salads and other options, but I ordered the chicken club and was displeased. The breaded chicken tasted like a cheap chicken patty you'd serve to kids, and the bread it was on was too greasy, I suppose from butter. I'd steady clear of this sandwich but all else seems good. I also had the Reiglesville Relaxed drink and it was good. Cozy, cute place with a nice view. Had to wait a long time for the bill and to get our change/ cards back.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Awful. Just Awful.”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This place is AWFUL. The service was atrocious. I could not believe my eyes when I saw that my wine glass had a LIPSTICK mark on it. I have pictures if you want to see...and then IT GETS WORSE. There were PARTICLES floating around my LUKE WARM water, couldn't even drink it. THEN...they had the audacity to bring out bread plates that were DIRTY; I could literally scrape the dirt off ( I have pictures of that too) AND THEN....The ketchup, honestly I don't even think it was ketchup, had CHUNKS IN IT, CHUNKS IN IT. The waitress RARELY came to our table which was annoying. I would give this place a 0 if I could. Don't be fooled by the beautiful bridge and this quaint little restaurant. You drive by and think "Oh yeah this looks so cute, I totally want to eat here one day" Yeah you will eat here, and YOU WILL HATE IT. End of discussion.

• Visited June 2012