SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ridley Park
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights (Fri-Sun) and we found the hotel to be clean and in great shape. We chose this hotel over some of the other ones in the area due to the great reviews on tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. My only gripe is that the walls are a tad thin; there were small children running up and down the halls for hours and slamming doors, but that's nothing against the hotel itself. When we were just unable to handle it anymore, the front desk was kind enough to move us to another room. Free breakfast really was great, there were eggs, a type of meat, some waffles, coffee, juice, etc. Really nice perk for the price. The hotel was close enough into the city that we were able to make it into the city one day for a nice meal. I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank juwlesad

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I just stayed at this hotel as we came from NY to Philly and Philly to ARuba--- I would of said nice things about this hotel--but the shuttle that I told would be ready for us at a certain time wasnt ready and we had to catch a cab--because I was todl they were full--but i could get up at 3:00am for my 7:45 am flight---not acceptable--- then we left our Oakley sunglasses $240.00 in our room on the counter next to the bed (5 person room) and I called 6 hrs later to ask if they were handed in--NOPE-- I can certainly tell you --you shoudl get trust worthy people in your hotel--- becasue now the maid service has them.... I will not be staying at this hotel or chain again. If checked on our way back home and stopped in at teh front desk --still no one turned them in 9 days later either (thought they would had felt guilty)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jody C
SpringhillPHL, Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Jody C,
Thank you for your input, I want you to know that your comments have been taken very seriously and we are currently working to make sure that other guests do not run into the same issues that you had while staying with us. I would also like to apologize for the tardiness of our shuttle, I actually remember this particular incident, and we had several guests that were boarding the shuttle trying to get to the airport at once. However, being that it runs every half hour, and it was constantly filled on each run, it caused others to wait longer than they may have liked. We pride ourselves on our prompt shuttle service and the ability to provide our guests with an enjoyable stay, so to know that due to this mishap you may not have received such, is very displeasing. I am in high hopes that this does not stop you from choosing our property in the future as we look forward to serving your future needs. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed at this hotel the night before a flight even thought I live in the Philly area. What a nice spot. The price was right, staff was very professional and nice. The overall hotel/room is in great condition and the price was right. A great spot to stay if you have an early flight or are staying near the airport as an out of towner. Only downside is that the hotel is right at a corner with a traffic light. It wasn't super loud, but I heard a truck or two overnight.

Room Tip: See if you can get a room away from the street, not sure that is an option.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Key reason we stayed here is that it is a Marriott property and it had shuttle service to PHL airport. The room and hotel in general was clean and comfortable. The room was spacious and quiet. We took the advice offered here and stayed high up opposite Rt. 95.
The fact that my family and I waited 45 mins in freezing weather after we called for the shuttle on our return disappointed me.
I understand if the vehicle breaks down or some other unexpected problem but the folks at the desk when we called each of the 4 times to find out about the van kept telling us it was just a few minutes away. What a lie! When the van finally did arrive the young driver had a buddy riding shotgun who basically did nothing except possibly distract the driver.

Do not chose this hotel if you are expecting an honest answer to the simple question of how soon will the shuttle arrive at the airport to pick me up?

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
SpringhillPHL, Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Kielar,

Thank you for your feedback; it seems that while you were pleased with our hotel property, the promptness of the shuttle is what made your stay less than enjoyable. I would like to greatly apologize; we try to forewarn our guests should there be an issue with our shuttle, whether it is traffic, inclement weather, or even a mechanic issue. Once again I apologize for the lack of communication; our goal is not only to make sure that our guests have a memorable stay while they are with us, but to also make sure that they arrive promptly & safely while utilizing our shuttle. I am in high hopes that this does not deter you from visiting our property, thank you again for your input! Should you need anything further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours In Hospitality,

Ridley Park, PA 19078
P: 610-915-6600
F:610-915-6606

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Great location, with plenty of nearby dining options. Large, well appointed rooms, good breakfast, and very attentive help. Workout room is a little underwhelming, but that's the only "off" thing. Love this place.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank IlProfessore21212
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I agree with the previous reviewer...this is one of the better places to stay if you need to be near the airport. It is a 3 year old hotel and even though there were a few minor nicks on the desk from careless guests it is kept well. Airport hotels get run down pretty fast. This hotel seemed to really care about their guests...we were greeted with a warm friendly smile, fresh baked cookies on the check in desk, complimentary USA Today newspaper on the table near the elevator, hot coffee bar with the flavored creamers (!) and nice tea choices, and the next morning the breakfast area was well maintained...very clean and tables all wiped down. The rooms are bright and cheery, typical newer SpringHill suite rooms...you know what to expect if you stayed in them before. The bed seemed comfortable at first but mattress needed to be flipped...a bit of a sag or depression in the middle where everyone seems to sleep. I did not sleep as well as I should have. Linens were just fair...a bit sloppy. Work out room had nice new equipment and TV's on each machine...bring a headset but you can also get one at the desk. Parking lot is well lit. I arrived in the dark but it did not look like anything was in walking distance. There are take out menus but it is best to grab a bite before getting to the hotel. Other than the bed it was a nice stay.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Shersei
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I've stayed here twice now, as I usually get a very early flight back to CA after visiting my family in PA. This is definitely the best airport hotel I've ever stayed in, and probably about the best you're going to get. Rooms are clean, wifi is good. There's free coffee and tea 24 hours a day, and free breakfast from 7 am. If you have to leave earlier than 7, ask at the desk and they'll pack you a little breakfast in a bag. There's a small fitness room and indoor pool, the rooms are big with L-shaped couches, a desk, mini-fridge, microwave, big tv, and two king sized beds with tons of pillows. I love lots of pillows. Toilet/sink is separate from shower/sink area, and there is a large closet. The location is effectively "middle of nowhere", but they offer menus from a few places from which you can get food delivered to your room. Airport shuttles run on the hour and half hour, and it takes about five minutes to get to the airport. This place is a little more expensive than most of the other Philadelphia airport hotels, but I think it's probably worth it.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridley Park
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport

Been to SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park? Share your experiences!