SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park
$119
$189
$161
Priceline
All reviewsphiladelphia airporttoilet roomfront deskseparate roomsfree breakfastpark sleep flyroyal farmsshower areaswarthmore collegeindoor poolsitting areaan early flightwafflesshuttle driverdesk areasmall gymrefrigerator and microwave
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I've stayed here twice now, as I usually get a very early flight back to CA after visiting my family in PA. This is definitely the best airport hotel I've ever stayed in, and probably about the best you're going to get. Rooms are clean, wifi is good. There's free coffee and tea 24 hours a day, and free breakfast from 7 am. If you have to leave earlier than 7, ask at the desk and they'll pack you a little breakfast in a bag. There's a small fitness room and indoor pool, the rooms are big with L-shaped couches, a desk, mini-fridge, microwave, big tv, and two king sized beds with tons of pillows. I love lots of pillows. Toilet/sink is separate from shower/sink area, and there is a large closet. The location is effectively "middle of nowhere", but they offer menus from a few places from which you can get food delivered to your room. Airport shuttles run on the hour and half hour, and it takes about five minutes to get to the airport. This place is a little more expensive than most of the other Philadelphia airport hotels, but I think it's probably worth it.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Since our flight was early in the morning, we decided to stay here using points. What a pleasant surprise! We've stayed at a few different Springhill Suites this year- one was kinda dumpy, and one was just very sterile. This property was a lot of fun and had a great look to it.

We arrived around 8:30 p.m. on a cold, dark, Friday evening after a miserable day at work. The lady at the front desk who checked us in was very professional, informative, and helpful. She asked us all the right questions (Do you need the shuttle? Are you flying out tomorrow? Etc etc etc...) so we didn't have to pull teeth to get what we needed. Since we had to leave the hotel before the complimentary breakfast the next morning, she made sure to give us two nice goodie bags, each with a muffin, yogurt, and a banana that evening.

We enjoyed the bar.... the bartender was new and a pleasure to chat with while we unwound with a few glasses of wine before going to sleep. She would make us whatever we wanted, but we stuck with wine.

The rooms were a lot of fun. I was reminded of a non-tacky retro 60s theme, similar to a nice hotel we stayed at in France. The room was a good size and very comfortable. The little 'kitchen-wall' with a fridge, sink, and microwave was helpful to store the breakfast goodie-bags we received from the front desk.

The next morning, we took the shuttle to the airport. The driver was fun, friendly, prompt, and helped us get our millions of bags in and out of the van. And off to warmer climates we went!

Location was a little desolate, but again, we weren't there to sight-see. It was the perfect pre-flight hotel and we would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JerzeeeyGirl
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Upon checking in on a Tuesday night for a business trip at around 7PM, I waited about a minute for the one clerk to help the gentleman in front of me. I had forgotten my card key in the room another evening and the front desk was kind enough to give me a spare. Check-out was made easy with the receipt under my door and a simple drop off of the card keys at the front desk which took all of 5 seconds.

I stayed in the Suite, 1 King, Sofabed for a comparable rate. The suite was excellent and had everything I needed for my 2 night stay including a sofa, comfortable large bed, separate desk and chair, microwave, mini-refrigerator, privacy wall between the living area and bed, Comcast On Demand cable with HBO and HD channels, coffee maker, plenty of closet room, a separate room for the toilet and mini sink from the bathtub/shower. The bathroom/shower room had an excellent exhaust fan to suck out the steam. On Demand cable allowed me to watch movies and shows that I wanted when I wanted instead of whatever was on at the time. The climate control actually functions in this hotel, has a modern digital display and can be set by the guests in their rooms unlike some other places I've been to. My room was just as good as I remembered it being from my last stay here back in November 2012. The hotel was built in 2010 so it is still clean as expected and like new.

The location of this property isn't ideal as there's not too many choices to eat around it, and it's about a 15 minute drive up I-95 to get to Philadelphia if that's where you need to be during the day like I did. This really isn't too bad since it's likely to take you more than 15 minutes to get from point A to point B within Philadelphia itself. There's also free parking available here which you'll not likely find in Philadelphia. It all depends on what and where exactly you'll planning on visiting on whether or not this place will work for you or not. Certainly, if you're looking to visit Independence Hall, there are lots of better options.

Another location scar you'll have to put up with is all the construction going on all around this property from the bridge that's out eastbound on PA-291 (Industrial Hwy) to the repaving projects on both Sellers Avenue and Stewart Avenue. The Route 291 Bridge construction that began in 2011 was scheduled to be completed in the fall of 2013. As of the first week of December, it's still ongoing.

***Travel note - use 598 West Sellers Avenue, Ridley Park, PA on GPS systems for navigational purposes.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Very clean and new hotel. Service from the staff was great. They have a bar and outdoor sitting area at the hotel. Breakfast included was your typical hotel breakfast. Not that I am saying it was bad just if you are well travelled it is the same old same old.

Room Tip: The shuttle driver has a 5 mile distance from the hotel. This will get you to the airport no problem but if you want to go to another kind of restaurant that is a bit farther out you will need a taxi. Sometimes getting a cab in not the easiest.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Absoluely love this place Susan at the breakfast buffet amazing she was so accommodating and helpful. Free breakfast is such plus. Visit our home town often and finding this place is God send. Thankful we have a lovely clean comfortable place to stay. We visited thanksgiving weekended

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends