SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ridley Park
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed here just one night, with a late arrival and a butt-crack of dawn departure from Philadelphia to Columbia, SC. Absolutely everything about this 5 hour stay was just what I needed. A cool room, quiet and dark. A nice shower first thing in the AM (in this case, 3:45 AM), and a quick, polite shuttle to the terminal. 5 hours have never been so restful!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park

Reviewed May 31, 2013

This new hotel is located somewhat awkwardly in an industrial location near the Philadelphia Airport, but don't let that prevent you from booking. My wife and I stayed on night and we would not hesitate to return. The room was modern, if not a bit eclectiv, but it was functional and comfortable beyond our expectations. The shower and toilet areas are in separate compartments, with sliding doors to maintain privacy from the bedroom. There was a very comfortable and efficient desk area with a sofa near the door that gave the accommodation a distinct "suite" effect. The room was well maintained and extremely clean. The receptionist was friendly and helpful. If you don't mind being just a few miles and no more than 10 minutes from the airport, this hotel deserves very careful consideration.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at a number of Philly airport hotels. This one is 3 miles South on I-95. Clean, relatively new, friendly staff. If you have wheels, you can go a couple of miles west and there are plenty of eating establishments, gas etc. This was my 3rd or 4th stay and they have all been good. BTW, they still serve free coffee in the lobby. While the boys at Marriott are trying to sell overpriced Starbucks in a lot of lobbies, these folks know what their customers still want. Good place

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I booked a last minute stay over Memorial Day weekend and enjoyed my stay here with my family. Check-in was quick, the suite was spacious and very modern. I loved how the washroom was separated from the shower with its own sink. Breakfast next morning was good, they have a hot and cold buffet, we had everything from oatmeal to cereal to eggs to waffles. The complimentary coffee in the lobby all day is definitely a plus! We also spent an hour in the indoor pool, it is not heated so be warned! My daughter loved it and since we were the only ones in it, her shrieks of joy were so heart melting!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed there 4 nights for business and got greated as the Guest of the Day when I arrived. Next to that the staff overall was very friendly and helpful. The room offers plenty of space, bathroom with a separate toilet, desk and a couch. As I needed to get some work done this was a good office space for me. The breakfast in the morning is complementary and offers a basic selection, good enough to start your day. The service there was very friendly, maybe for some a bit too talkative in the early morning hours. This is an absolute great alternative to the other airport hotels like Renaissance or Courtyard and also less costly. This sure will always be an alternative for me when I need to stay around PHL airport.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and children loved the room and property, I was ambivalent....

It began with our drive into the hotel. As we were driving in, we had to cross over a little bridge where there was roadwork/construction. It was clearly marked as a one-way road, but for some reason, another vehicle was coming straight at us. Both of us slammed on our brakes, and we only barely managed to avoid a head-on collision. The other vehicle reversed course backward down the road.

Once we got into the hotel for check-in, the staff were wonderful, and commiserated with us over the road situation. We observed the Euro/modern look of the lobby, breakfast area, and elevators. When we arrived on our floor, we once again observed the Euro/modern look of the room.

At this point, opinions among my family diverged. My wife and children loved the Euro/modern look of the room. The enjoyed the aesthetic, the frosted glass separating the 'living room/office' section of the room from the bedroom area, as well as the sliding door between the toilet and the bedroom, and the sliding door between the shower area and the bedroom area. My 23/21/11 year old children all thought it was "really cool".

As someone who has traveled extensively throughout North America and Europe, the room really struck me as similar to many of the modern hotels in Europe, which I assume was the intent. There, space is really a premium, and it is my assumption that the designers attempted to maximize utilization of space in this hotel.

As the reviewer on March 18, 2013 noted, the frosted glass separating the 'office' area from the bedroom area did not work effectively. After the family went to bed, I still had work to do, but the light coming through the frosted glass kept them awake. Despite the "cool" factor of the sliding doors between the toilet and the bedroom area, they were a bit noisy to use in the dark.

Some of the things we all agreed on was that the bedding in our room was fantastic and very comfortable, and the room and all the spaces we observed in the hotel were very clean.

While we were in town for a youth lacrosse tournament in March, the temperatures had dipped down suddenly, after having been very warm all week. We found the thermostat controls worked flawlessly, and we were able to easily adjust the temperature so we were always comfortable > quite a feat when my wife gets cold very easily, and I get hot very easily.

Unfortunately, we forgot to pack swimsuits, but we noticed tons of families taking advantage of the pool. We didn't use it, but it looked fun.

The breakfast bar in the morning was well-stocked, with everything a visitor could want. All of the hot food (bacon, sausage, eggs, etc.) was well-prepared [not always the case in these types of hotels] and everyone loved the do-it-yourself waffles.

Finally, the service staff were excellent throughout. No complaints whatsoever in that department.

Overall, I give the property 4 out of 5 stars. The main thing to consider when deciding between this hotel and others in the area are whether you prefer the Euro/modern aesthetic and a more traditional/classic one. If you and/or those you travel with enjoy the Euro look, you will love it. If you are traveling by yourself on business, this is a great property.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed here two nights on a trip to Philadelphia. We rented a car and it was easy enough to drive to and from the city center. We had a two queen room for 4 adults and one child. There was enough space for us with the use of the pull out sofa. There is little privacy with the layout of the room, but we were family so it was not an issue for us.
I was a fan of the space saving idea of the sliding doors, but not a fan of how poorly they functioned. Took way too much effort to open and close them, and they were noise when used.
The bathtub did not plug/hold water, so that was disappointing.
We used the pool once and if it were not for my excited child I would have opted to not get in at all. The pool was dirty looking and had "stuff" floating along the bottom. I was also disappointed that there was no hot tub available. Pool was a comfortable temperature, but it still wasn't something I really wanted to get into.
Staff was very friendly at every interaction.
Overall, it is a nice hotel for the price. Beds are typical Marriott beds of the level of chain, which I find comfortable. Room felt clean and newer. Just a few small little things which some travelers may not even have as an issue for them. For the most part I would recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridley Park
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport

Been to SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park? Share your experiences!