SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ridley Park
Southern Oregon
“Nice place”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed here two nights on a trip to Philadelphia. We rented a car and it was easy enough to drive to and from the city center. We had a two queen room for 4 adults and one child. There was enough space for us with the use of the pull out sofa. There is little privacy with the layout of the room, but we were family so it was not an issue for us.
I was a fan of the space saving idea of the sliding doors, but not a fan of how poorly they functioned. Took way too much effort to open and close them, and they were noise when used.
The bathtub did not plug/hold water, so that was disappointing.
We used the pool once and if it were not for my excited child I would have opted to not get in at all. The pool was dirty looking and had "stuff" floating along the bottom. I was also disappointed that there was no hot tub available. Pool was a comfortable temperature, but it still wasn't something I really wanted to get into.
Staff was very friendly at every interaction.
Overall, it is a nice hotel for the price. Beds are typical Marriott beds of the level of chain, which I find comfortable. Room felt clean and newer. Just a few small little things which some travelers may not even have as an issue for them. For the most part I would recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We recently stayed at this lovely pristine hotel for a wedding. We did not realize how close it is to the Philadelphia airport. We will definitely stay here in the future when we fly out of the Philadelphia airport. The rooms are absolutely magnificent; a modern design with a layout that provides privacy and comfort for two or three people staying in the room. The lobby is welcoming; there is a bar open in the evenings only. The sell light snacks in the lobby with nutritious choices along with decadent ones. MOST important was the most customer friendly and responsive hotel staff that I have experienced at an airport hotel. I made sure that I gave the manager a feedback card to acknowlege the care that they put into excellent customer service. From the front desk to the housekeeping staff, everyone was accomodating. Will DEFINITELY be back!!

Room Tip: The hotel is 5 stories high. We were on the 5th floor and it took no time at all in the elevators to...
Claremont, California
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I loved this place! This hotel has the benefit of being new - clean, fresh, stylish - but they've taken it several steps further. The SpringHill folk seemed to have really paid attention to today's needs for accommodation. All the little annoyances I've had with other hotels over the years did not exist here. They've thought of everything: nifty work station with plenty of outlets to charge our many gadgets, plenty of horizontal spaces to lay out a suitcase, microwave and mini fridge, reading lights on BOTH sides of the two beds, nightstands on BOTH sides of the two beds, and - best of all - TWO bathrooms!! One standard one with spacious sink area and tub/shower, the other with a toilet and small sink. Genius!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SpringhillPHL, Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Scooz47,

Your compliments & high praise are greatly appreciated! As you noted, we strived to rid you of those oh so inconvenient annoyances that you may experience while travelling elsewhere. Our goal is to provide you with a warm hospitable staff, clean fresh room, & of course a modern flare. We love when our guests take notice of things such as: the numerous receptacles in each room, the comfort of having a microwave & minifridge right within reach and of course the privacy and convenience of having 2 separate bathrooms. While you may call this "genius", we simply call it, providing our guests with exactly what they deserve: an enjoyable stay. We look forward to your future visits, if you should you need anything further, please do not hesitate to contact me via the information below.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Ants in room and room sprayed with our belongs in even though I had asked to please wait until we return to change rooms. My 85 year old Mother was with us. My husband had a could and I a low immune system. We had to back belongs in this strong odor. New room Air Conditioner was broke. Do not understand why new room was NOT checked prior to our relocation.

1 Thank Micheledal
Micheledal,

I remember this situation, & in fact I spoke with you in reference to the ants that were in your room. I greatly apologize for the inconvenience, & I am in high hopes that this does not deter you from staying with us in the future. Instances such as these are not common at our property, as we strive to provide each guest with an enjoyable stay. Even when we face mishaps such as those that you experienced we try our hardest to make it right; and in personally handling your situation I can confidently say that we definitely tried to do our best. Once again, I apologize and as always we look forward to serving your future needs. Should you have any questions comments or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed here a few months ago, and really looked forward to staying at another SpringHill Suites because it's a fun brand. With really cool rooms. I did have one small issue here, with regards to parking since it was an airport hotel, I booked a special, which included parking, so I should not have been charged, but I was charged anyway. When I got back to pick up my car they told me to come back and discuss it. I never bothered. But be careful when you book specials, here. Also it's a little further than desired for an airport hotel, and for pick up they will not leave until you have your bags and are waiting outside, it took close to 30 - 45 minutes for them to pick me up (where I had to wait outside alone at 11 PM at night).... I loved the property but they need some service training for their policies - because its run like a small business.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
SpringhillPHL, Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
TravelMan8384,

Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated; while we were able to successfully provide you with an enjoyable stay overall, it seems that there were a couple of areas where we might have lacked. Due to the fact that (as you mentioned), you did book our park & fly package, you should not have been charged an additional fee, and I greatly apologize for the inconvenience. As for our shuttle, yes, we do prefer that our guests have already gone through baggage claim before they contact us for a pick up. However, this does not excuse the fact that you waited 40 minutes for a pick up at the airport; I can assure you that we strive to provide prompt service to each of our guests. I am in high hopes that this does not deter you from staying with us in the future, should you have any further questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

Coal Township, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We've stayed at the Spring Hill Suites 3 time since they opened a year ago. About 4 miles from Philly Airport. Spring Hill Suites is off of exit 8 on 95 and Philly Airport is exit 12 B. Free airport shuttle, hotel parking, breakfast, and wi-fi. What else do you need? They offer fly and go packages when flying from Philly. Room includes a microwave, fridge, coffee maker... Everything you need for business or pleasure. My friends weren't crazy about the room's layout but I didn't find any problems with it. Great staff. Small bar but at least they have one!

Room Tip: Good option when flying in and out of Philly
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank garbakup
SpringhillPHL, Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
garbakup,

Your positive feedback is much appreciated; it's loyal guests like you who let us know that we are truly successful when it comes to providing a truly enjoyable stay. We strive to offer "everything you need for business or pleasure", which is what makes us stand out amongst others. It seems that you were able to take advantage of each of the amenities that we provide & in turn you were left extremely satisfied. Or as you put it, with a feeling of “what else do you need?", again we are delightfully pleased to see that you chose our property yet again for your stay & we look forward to serving you in the future. Should you need anything please feel free to contact me!

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Warm greeting and great staff!

We will definitely stay here again. Kinda wish this was our destination, we're on the road going North. We hope we find our next 5 hotels along our path, are this great.

Free Internet- easy access.
Free breakfast

Plus our teenager likes everything about this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
SpringhillPHL, Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Anne M,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, what an honor & pleasure it is to be mentioned personally in your review! We strive to provide each of our guests with an enjoyable stay just like yours. From our warm hospitable staff, to our wonderful variety at breakfast, & complimentary Wi-Fi, you are sure to find your home away from home with us! We pride ourselves in the loyalty of our guests, because after one stay, you are sure to return (as you mentioned in your post)! We anxiously look forward to your next stay; should you need anything until then, please feel free to contact me!

P.S. When the teens like it, we must be doing something right ;)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridley Park
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Philadelphia Airport Marriott
Philadelphia Airport Marriott
#35 of 86 in Philadelphia

Been to SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park? Share your experiences!