“Good for A Short Trip”

SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ridley Park
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here while on a short trip to Philly. Accommodations were nice and pack and play that we requested was ready to go when we got there. Breakfast was nice in the morning and the pool was great to play in. Because we had a pack and play they mentioned that they gave us a free bath toy (we actually couldn't find the toy, but my wife was too shy to ask about it, so I would chalk it up to us being the aberration, and its really a nice extra to give that out)

If there is one drawback it was the lack of a tub in the room (that I see another posted posted about). Was a little disappointed not to have a tub in our room for my daughter to take a bath, but they had no way of knowing that.

Highly recommended. GPS is not accurate with the listed address, when they tell you to punch in the new address, use the new address and keep going you will see it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
SpringhillPHL, Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

KosherConsultant,

Thank you for such positive feedback! While it seems that overall you were able to enjoy your stay, a couple of items seemed to be lacking. You were in fact supposed to receive the bath toy for your little one. This is a part of the Marriott Tots Travel Too program; we want them to feel just as welcome as you, & in doing so we are now providing a variety of items in order to do just that! As for the bathtub preference, I suggest that while booking your next stay with us, you simply place a request on file for a tub. That way, as soon as the front desk spots it we will be sure to meet your needs. Lastly, yes, it's true that we in fact have a second address that should be placed into the GPS while travelling. Once again, that is:

598 W Sellers Ave
Ridley Park, PA 19078

We anxiously await your return; should you have any other questions, comments, or concerns please let me know!

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Booked here for a night before an early morning flight. Bed comfortable, AC worked well, easy parking and relatively easy (except for a glitch on the way back in which the shuttle driver seemed unfamiliar with the airport) transport to airport and back. At this hotel (and at the one at our destination) we were given a room without a bathtub. I am mystified as to why, in the 21st century, we are apparently devolving as a species when it comes to soap and water hygiene and comfort. Do hotel architects and designers think it's cool and trendy not to put tubs in rooms? Are they themselves folks who do not take baths, preferring showers instead, and think everyone else on the planet is the same as they are? Is it one more cost cutting measure on the part of hoteliers? Has it occurred to any of these folks that perhaps there are people who enjoy - after a long flight cooped up in an uncomfortable airplane seat, or after a grueling business trip, or before a vacation, maybe, just maybe, someone would like to have a soak in a tub? Note to self: before checking into any hotel - or before ever booking a room - inquire as to whether baths are offered and if there is any question (like some rooms have them and some don't) book elsewhere. Amazing that even in the old West, baths were offered as part of the room and board at those rustic hotels. Heard of the Roman baths? etc. So why is it that you can't have a bath at a hotel in this day and age, without specifying that you want a room with a bathtub. Although this was a nice, new, clean and otherwise nicely designed property with friendly, helpful employees, I probably won't be booking here again because of the tub situation. Same reason I won't go back to Aloft.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor and despite proximity to I95, was very quiet. If you want a tub, thoug...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
SpringhillPHL, Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

zuzu4343,

We greatly appreciate your feedback; the information that you provided is being taken into great consideration. Especially due to the fact that (as you noted) a lot of frequent travelers may prefer to soak in a tub, more so even after a long trip. I apologize if you were misled to believe that we couldn't offer you a room with a bathtub, because we do in fact have them. I am in high hopes that this does not deter you from revisiting our property, we would greatly appreciate another opportunity to provide you with a memorable stay. If you have any other questions or comments please feel free to contact me via the information below.

F: 610-915-6606

Reviewed January 11, 2013

This hotel really makes you very much at home. From The GM and FO Mary and the ever happy Susan " the breakfast lady" their smiles and welcoming attitude makes their guest feel like their back home.

The breakfast was well stocked and always hot and fresh. Scrambled eggs, turkey sausage juices coffee and bagels plus pastries....not bad for a "continental" breakfast.

The rooms are very brand new smelling and very clean.

GReat hotel, great staff. Stay at the top floor. Pool is well heated and clean.

Thank you marriot!! Thank you Springhill!

Room Tip: Get the Fifth floor. between 503-512..away from the elevator.. but then again the elevator is not al...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
SpringhillPHL, Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

No Tsak C, Thank you! Your positive feedback is what drives us here at our property! It's guests like you that let us know that we must be doing something right. We pride ourselves in providing each of our guests with an enjoyable & memorable stay; I will be sure to inform the staff of your gracious words of kindness! As for your comments regarding our breakfast, we like to offer a bit more than just the continental option that our guests are used to in order to provide a greater variety. We hold the cleanliness of our rooms to a very high standard, therefore it is without question that we would expect anything less than what you received. Thank you once again for taking notice, if there is anything at all that we can do please feel free to contact me via the contact information below.

Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

2nd stay here and they didn't disappoint. Really comfortable bed with lots of pillows. Super clean room and hotel. Nice size hotel room with a great bathroom and big tub. Tv was top of the line flat screen. Mini fridge came in handy.
Pool was warm, we had it to ourselves. We booked the park and fly package so parking was ample and saved us a fortune from our normal off airport site. Shuttle to the airport was convenient.
Continental breakfast had great selection and you'll leave stuffed.
I love this hotel and will stay here again and again.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank haringdr27
SpringhillPHL, Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

haringdr27,

You gave us not 1 but 2 spectacular reviews! Wow! What a pleasure it is to know that you thought that much of us; we strive day in & day out to provide guests with stays such as yours. As you mentioned our rooms are a bit more spacious than the usual simply because we want them to experience the complete comfort of a home away from home. Our complimentary amenities (heated indoor pool, breakfast, & convenient shuttle) are all the more reason to keep youcoming back! Thank you once again for your positive feed back, we anxiously await your return. If there is anything at all that we can do to enhance your next stay, please let me know!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed one night before our flight out of PHL.
Room was very nice, the hotel is new and modern.
Wi-Fi was free and fast, Breakfast is included and very nice.
10 min drive to a mall with a movie theater.
Would stay again if in the area.
Great job staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ohad B
SpringhillPHL, Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Ohad B.,

Thank you for your feedback! As you noted, our property is in fact very new; we recently celebrated our 2nd anniversary September 6th!
It seems that you were able to take full advantage of a couple of our complimentary amenities: breakfast & wi-fi. We pride ourselves on our variety at breakfast because, we like to offer a bit more than just the continental options. As for our wi-fi, we try to make sure that it is always up to speed for our tech-savvy guests such as yourself. Again, we thank you for your feedback & we look forward to your next visit. If there is anything that we can do please feel free to let me know.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I spent Christmas Day with some friends and instead of driving two hours to go back home late in the evening I booked a room at the nearby Springhill Suites in Ridley Park.

From the time I walked through the front door until the time I checked out everything was perfect. Frank, the desk receptionist, was friendly, professional and helpful. When I entered the room I was pleased with how spacious it was contrary to what other reviewers have said. The concept of separate toilet/sink and shower/vanity is innovative. This is a brand new hotel so, much to my delight, there were outlets galore. I am a traveler who schleps her electronics with her everywhere and there have been times I've unplugged a lamp in a hotel room to free up an outlet for one of my chargers.

Since I arrived stuffed with Christmas dinner the lack of dining facilities was of no concern to me. If I did need to find something to eat there was a menu in the room for a Chinese restaurant offering delivery service which would have suited me just fine. In the morning I made my way to the lobby for breakfast. Lots of good choices to be found. Scrambled eggs, sausages, bagels, pastries, toast, waffle makers, etc. A variety of beverages were available as well. I chose the scrambled eggs, sausage and coffee to take back up to my room to enjoy. There are tables in the lobby if one wants to eat their breakfast there.

The bed was super comfy with plenty of pillows and a warm comforter. The bed has reading lights on both sides of the headboard for those folks, such as myself, who love to read before retiring.

I'm already planning to stay at this hotel and avail myself of their park and jet package when I travel to Europe in the spring.

Overall, a very modern, clean, comfortable hotel with professional staff. What more does a traveler need?

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor away from the elevator. Nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Barbara S.,

Thank you for that wonderful feedback!!! We take great pride in what we provide here at our property, and when our guests take notice, it makes us appreciate it all the more. You captured a great bit of what our hotel has to offer, from our wonderful variety at breakfast, our hospitable staff, our park & fly option (during your next visit in the spring), and even our numerous amount of outlets (lol). It's extremely pleasing to know that we were able to accomodate you to the fullest, I look forward to your next stay! If there is anything that we can do to further enhance your experience, please feel free to contact me via the information below.

Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Friendly service...clean large rooms and a convenient shuttle to the airport. Highly recommend this hotel as a reliable hotel near the Philadelphia airport. Not sure of the local area but airport convenience is a definite.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Aranchia
SpringhillPHL, Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Aranchia,

Thank you for such positive feedback!! It is our mission to provide each of our guests with a memorable stay. It seems that your were able to enjoy the convenience of our park & fly package, our shuttle is sure to provide superior service with a smile! While you were unable to explore the local area, you must stop by the front desk during your next visit! We can provide you with a variety of brochures of local areas, as well as maps of Philadelphia. We also offer transportation to a few of the surrounding dining options. Again thank you for your kind words, and for choosing our property for your most recent stay.
Should you have any questions,concerns or comments, please feel free to contact me.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridley Park
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel

Been to SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park? Share your experiences!