“Not a place to Park & Fly!”

SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ridley Park
Delaware
“Not a place to Park & Fly!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

As Marriott black card Reward members we decided to try this new hotel. We were just staying for one evening since we had an early flight. Hotel is very nice and modern. We really liked the concept in the room, very spacious and convenient. We have stayed at many Marriott hotels in the area, who have decent park & fly rates, but this place is a huge rip off! $9 a night to park. We ended up leaving early the nest morning and moving our car to a lot that charged $5.95 a night. When planning on parking for over a week, this was a decent savings. It is unfortunate, as the hotel is very nice, but we will choose other spots where we can leave our car and take advantage of the shuttle services for a decent price. Expected more from a Marriott offering shuttle services.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
SpringhillPHL, Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Cruisinkim,

We greatly appreciate your post; your positive feedback was greatly appreciated. It seems that you were able to take advantage of our spacious suites & utilize them to the best of your ability. As for the cost of the park & fly package, the cost is 9.00 per day, as you noted however we also have a flat rate park & fly package as well which includes the price of the room as well as up to 14 days of parking. I am in high hopes that this does not deter you from returning to our property in the future. Should you have any further questions, or comments please contact me at the number listed below.

F:610-915-6606

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed there twice this summer just for a weekend get away and because harrahs s casino is about 5minutes away, I love that they have the bathroom and shower in two separate rooms Disney cruis ship does the same concept and I love it, the staff are really nice and the place has always been clean, the pool is really small as well as the fitness room but that was ok for me since I had no plans to use them anyway, I have planned several more weekend getaways with them, I would highly recommend this hotel, oh on downside is the breakfast not very tasty eggs seemed under cooked but you can make your own waffles a good idea if there aren't a lot kids staying at the hotel as it was one weekend I stayed , but that wouldn't hinder me from staying there because their is microwave and fridge so I bring my own breakfast, free tea and coffee 24/7. Go check them out

Room Tip: Get high floor there really isn't much of a view from any room but you can watch the plane go an...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
SpringhillPHL, Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Ciemego,

Wow! I'm so happy that we could be your "get away". We strive to provide experiences such as yours, and the fact that you are a loyal guest shows that we are doing something right!! You've taken notice to our unique & modern setup in the rooms with the division between the water closet and the actual bathroom; it is one of my favorite concepts as well! If there are any suggestions that you have please let me know! We look forward to seeing you again & again!

Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for just a night on a Saturday. Access to the PHL from the hotel is very easy (less than 10 mins drive), and the hotel offers airport shuttle service every 1/2 hour. Access to I-95 from the hotel is also very easy.
Hotel staff were friendly, and the place (including our room) was clean and well kept. There is a small indoor heated pool, and a small gym with a few nice cardio machines. The hotel also offers complimentary WiFi and breakfast buffet. Breakfast was simple but adequate. Parking was easy. And we did not hear any traffic (or airplane) noise during our stay.
I consider this an airport hotel. It is NOT in or close to downtown.The hotel does not have a restaurant. However, they have bar service in the lobby during the evenings. There is a Denny's and a local Diner about 1/2 mile from the hotel on Industrial Highway. If you are looking for a nice hotel with a reasonable price near Philadelphia airport, I would highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room if you are a light sleeper. We stayed in room 525 (king room) and it worked for...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank StephThegal
StephanieO1,

Thank you for the wonderful input!! It seems that you were able to take full advantage of the complimentary amenities that we provide at our property! As you mentioned we do not have a restaurant, however we do have a restaurant guide as well as a complimentary 24 hour shuttle that provides drop off/pick up service to a few of them. Should you choose to stay in, then we can provide a variety of delivery menus. As for the hospitable staff, we take pride in making sure that each of our guests receives a pleasant & enjoyable stay!!! We look forward to seeing you again!! Please feel free to contact me at any point if you need anything!!!

San Ramon, California
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed here after a long flight from California and found the hotel easily. It is new and of high quality. The staff helped us find a good, simple restaurant for dinner. The room was clean and well maintained, the bed was comfortable, and there was lots of space. The included breakfast was more than adequate. A typical, high quality Marriott experience for both of us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RobSanRamon
SpringhillPHL, Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
RobSanRamon,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback!!! We are delighted that you found it to be memorable & enjoyable! We were able to provide you with the 3 C's: a considerate staff, a comfortable stay, & a clean room! We look forward to your future stay & if there is anything that we can do at all, please let me know!!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed here during a convention, as all of the "downtown hotels" were booked. Road contruction coming from the airport, makes this a little bit of a challenge and there are really no places to eat near by. The room was great, i could not hear airport traffic and I slept like a baby.(What little time I was in the bed).

Room Tip: They re all suites, so there are not any "bad" rooms. Try to get the upper floors.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GaDawg44,

Thank you for your much appreciated feedback; I noticed your main concern regarding the lack of restaurants in the immediate area! However, there are restaurants to choose from within a 5 mile radius, & we actually have complimentary shutle service to a few of them. If you choose to venture out on your own, our front desk can provide you with a restaurant guide that has an abundance of choices. If you staying in is more your speed, we have a variety of delivery menus that we can offer as well. All in all, our main goal was met, & that was to provide you with an enjoyable stay!!! We look forward to seeing you again!! Should you have any questions comments or concerns, please feel free to contact me!

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed here as we were moving our son into college, last week. We had stayed in downtown Philadelphia when we visited the college last summer and ended up driving 30 minutes back and forth. We found this hotel and realized it was only 4 miles from the college and decided to give it a try.

This was our first time in a SpringHill Suites. I was pleasantly surprised. The decor was fun and modern. The woman who greeted us at the front desk, Mary Lou, was one of the most helpful hotel employees I've ever encountered. If I hadn't known better, I would have thought I was standing at the reception desk of a five star hotel. We liked the lobby/breakfast area and they had a great "pantry" area where you could get things to eat or drink at all hours. We spotted the pool and fitness room. Both were small but adequate.

We were a little taken aback when we got to our room. The setup is very different. There is a living space with a desk right as you walk in along with a small mini-fridge and microwave. Once you pass beyond the desk area, you are standing in the bedroom and the bathroom is literally at the foot of each bed. The water closet (toilet with tiny sink) is behind a sliding, wood door at the foot of the first bed, then there is a closet and then the bathroom containing a sink/vanity and shower are behind another sliding, frosted glass door. While architecturally this was very cool, we spent the first two nights with our 18 year old son and there was very little privacy. The setup left us feeling very exposed in both situations (and we're a pretty laid back, close family!). I think it was because it felt like everyone could hear everything you did in the water closet, and then they could "see" you getting in and out of the shower. Very odd.

All of that said, we most likely will stay here again. At least my husband and I will. We might choose to get an adjoining room, if possible, should our daughters join us, sometime. The beds were comfortable. The amenities were nice (Paul Mitchell). The rooms were quiet ( I was worried about that since this, technically, is an airport hotel) and the breakfast was very good. The bar was also nice to "come home to" in the evening.

The cons to this property: the bathrooms were not as clean as I would have liked. When you went in and closed the sliding door to the water closet, the floor against the wall was filthy and the door itself was gross (you could see splashes from the toilet on the wood door) bleh! There was a hair on the shower wall and the mirrors were dirty in the bathrooms. (why am I going back??) Also, there was a strange odor in the hallway. It wasn't bad in the room, but I would bring a travel candle, if possible.

I may pack some of my own disinfectant wipes next time! But I will go back because the lady who keeps things running at breakfast cares about all of her guests and everyone I encountered at the front desk was pleasant and very helpful. Those things are rarely found today. My bed was clean and comfortable, I felt safe and the fitness room worked for me. I can get over a little grossness in the bathroom! If you can too, you should definitely give it a try.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cezek
SpringhillPHL, Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Cezek,
Thank you so much for your wonderful response! We greatly appreciate your input!!! We take great pride in our staff here at the Springhill Suites Ridley Park; we know that each guest deserves a memorable "5 star" stay. As for the housekeeping/maintenance issues that you experienced; I am thankful for your concerns regarding these matters as well, we are currently resolving them & look forward to a new experience for your future stays. We look forward to seeing you soon! Please don't hesitate to contact me should you have any questions!

Belmont, California
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is a relatively new hotel with spacious rooms, a bar and outdoor patio. It has only one downside: it is a good option if you want quick access to the airport or businesses/family/friends in the local area. It is too far from Center City/historic district or the western/northern suburbs to be a viable option for visitng there.

The design of this hotel follows other newer Spring Hill Suites and Courtyard themes: modern, geometric furniture, carpets and window treatments in shades of lime green, turquoise and brown, with a large pantry stocked with snacks and drinks in the lobby, and a "great room" emcompassing a breakfast area, bar, indoor lounge and two computers with a printer set off to the side. On my visit on a Wednesday evening, the bar was open until 11 PM. The comptuers and printer worked just fine.

There was an indoor pool which I did not use but it was new and looked inviting, enclosed in modern aluminum-framed glass walls with a glass roof.

The cool thing is the outdoor patio! It was about 75 F on an August evening, so I went outside with my ipad to pick up the free wifi and sit on the Design Within Reach-esque turquoise sectional couches. There were white plastic column lights and house music playing over the outdoor speakers. This is right next to a marsh, so if I-95 hadn't been right next to the hotel, I may have heard the birds and frogs.

The room was huge and had a microwave, fridge and coffee maker near the door, with an l-shaped sectional couch and computer desk. There was a sliding panel glass divider that went about halfway across the space, and the bed and bath was on the other side. The king bed was very comfortable and supportive and had a good selection of good quality pillows. There was a flat screen big TV on a chest of drawers, a wardrobe, two small tables flanking the bed and a reading chair. The toilet and small sink were in one small room, while the stall shower and sink vanity were in the other. The vanity was stone-resin material (not solid stone but not plastic either), there was a salon-quality hairdryer but no slippers or robe (not unexpected). The HVAC system wasn't too loud but one can hear the highway a bit. I was next to the dreaded ice machine room but i didn't hear a thing. There was a combo alarm clock/radio/ipod dock that functioned properly and had clear instructions for its use. John Paul Mitchell toiletries - nice!

The room and common areas were clean and well-maintained. The staff was very nice. The clientele appeared to be business travelers and we were two female business colleagues, and we felt safe at this property. This was a great stay and i recommend it if you are visiting someone in the PHL airport area or the airport itself. I used it for a quick getaway to the airport, as it's 7 miles away. I researched the restaurant situation and there's little in the area, so I had dinner before going to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Erica K
Erica K,

WOW!! What a thorough review of our property! Thank you so much for your valued input! You're correct, our property is very new; we just celebrated our 2 year anniversary on September 6th! Although modern & stylish, we still want our guest's to feel as though they are "coming home" when they come to our property! To receive such a high praise from you is such an honor!! We anxiously await your return! Should you have any questions/concerns or comments please contact me at the number listed below!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridley Park
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Philadelphia Airport Marriott
Philadelphia Airport Marriott
#34 of 86 in Philadelphia

Been to SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park? Share your experiences!