“Great, comfortable room, good workspace.”

SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ridley Park
Boston
“Great, comfortable room, good workspace.”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Spent one night at end of 4 day trip. The staff was friendly and helpful (with the exception of a grumpy bartender who looked like she would rather be anywhere but there), the room was generous, the shower was great, the beds were really comfortable and there was a great work space. The suite isn't a suite in the normal sense as the sitting/work area is separated by a frosted glass partition wall. If you're looking at being able to close the door while someone else wants to sleep you can't. Also, the area's not great for restaurants. We wanted a good dinner and made the 15 minute trip into Philly. All in all though, I was really pleased and would have given 5 stars except for location.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank USPhotographer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed August 1, 2011

we were there for one night after long flight from CA, get there really late - clean and solid place for stay around airport
i thought it was roomy for that price rage hotel, looks and feel pretty new
had good stay

philadelphia
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Stayed here many times since opened,never had problem with breakfast or front desk. Breakfast always stays open for 15 minutes past 9am,the lady goes to break at 9am and stays open till she comes back,She does refil before she leaves. Must have had there times wrong................ The front desk is always friendly and helpful,they knew my name after the first time I stayed,couldn't be more pleased.

2 Thank windorrow
richmond, va
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This was my second stay at Springhill Suites/Ridley Park. Stayed 3 nights in July and this is the best choice for the area. Hotel is new and so clean! Nice design and layout.

Had a queen room on the 5th floor - I did ask to be placed away from the highway...instead I was closest to it. I would suggest staying as far away from highway as possible. Once the a/c unit turned off, I could hear trucks and motorcycles. All the hotels on this road are too close to highway.

Room was spacious and spotless. Separate toilet room and shower area are a nice touch. Beds are super comfortable.

Continental breakfast was fine - same everyday. Cereal, muffins, eggs, waffles, yogurt, bagels......coffee 24 hrs.

Only downside is this hotel is a little expensive....but its the best in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank doglover0000
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Decent for a quick overnight or if you are heading out early from the airport. Not located in the most attractive area but that wasn't an issue for us. Very convenient to I 95 if you are traveling that route.
The room was nicely furnished and configured in the typical SpringHill style. No problems here.
Unfortunately when we arrived, our room's air conditioning had clearly been off for most of the day. I understand the need to conserve energy but given that we were in the midst of a heat wave, it took a good 3 hours for the room to cool down. Strike one...
The following morning we went for breakfast, granted toward then end of the established serving time of 9:00 am but we arrived with 10-15 minutes to spare. They were out of most everything(no fruit, limited yogurt choices) and the person in charge of restocking was in no mood to refill. Breakfast is OVER! exclaimed the attendant when my poor daughter asked about the lack of waffle batter. After a cup of coffee and pastry and with few options available we went for the milk in the little fridge for our cereal (it was 8:58 am according to the time on my cell phone) only to be denied by the locked door. Thanks to a bit of groveling by my wife, Ms. Friendly-not-so-much server grudgingly unlocked the door, reminded us that breakfast was over, and handed my wife a carton. Strike two...
Finally, during the obligatory "how was everything" as we checked out, I politely mentioned the two relatively minor issues that we encountered. Instead of anything that even resembled an apology, I received only what I could describe as an unenthusiastic grunt. Strike three...
All in all, it is unlikely that I will stay at this property as there are a number of other decent options in the immediate area (the Renaissance is nice for example).

1 Thank BernieG
Fanwood, New Jersey
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Springhill Suites has changed so much! My fiance and I stayed here the night before we flew out the airport. I hadn't stayed in a Springhill in alomost 2 years. I was unware of the remodeling. I was amazed by the bar, the rooms are great. The seperate room for the toilet, and shower was awesome. The change from a complimentary continental breakfast to a buffet breakfast was great and delicious. Our driver was on time and friendly!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I stayed here on business trip to Philly for one night. Got a great rate and was pleasantly surprised at the great use of space in this all suites hotel.

The hotel is new and modern off I 95 exit 8. About 1o minutes to PHL and 15 minutes to Center City Philadelphia.

Free breakfast is slightly above average but selling poiny is clean, modern rooms. mine had separate toilet and shower areas with a sink in each area. Sitting area with an above average work space with lots of outlets.

Bed was comforatble and housekeeping was better than average at this rate.

You really need to have a car to utilize this hotel, they have a shuttle but nothing within walking distance. Overall good Marriott location for a few days.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Philadelphia Airport Marriott
Philadelphia Airport Marriott
#34 of 86 in Philadelphia
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel

Been to SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park? Share your experiences!