SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park
$119
$189
$161
Priceline
All reviewsphiladelphia airporttoilet roomfront deskseparate roomsfree breakfastpark sleep flyroyal farmsshower areaswarthmore collegeindoor poolsitting areaan early flightwafflesshuttle driverdesk areasmall gymrefrigerator and microwave
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Decent for a quick overnight or if you are heading out early from the airport. Not located in the most attractive area but that wasn't an issue for us. Very convenient to I 95 if you are traveling that route.
The room was nicely furnished and configured in the typical SpringHill style. No problems here.
Unfortunately when we arrived, our room's air conditioning had clearly been off for most of the day. I understand the need to conserve energy but given that we were in the midst of a heat wave, it took a good 3 hours for the room to cool down. Strike one...
The following morning we went for breakfast, granted toward then end of the established serving time of 9:00 am but we arrived with 10-15 minutes to spare. They were out of most everything(no fruit, limited yogurt choices) and the person in charge of restocking was in no mood to refill. Breakfast is OVER! exclaimed the attendant when my poor daughter asked about the lack of waffle batter. After a cup of coffee and pastry and with few options available we went for the milk in the little fridge for our cereal (it was 8:58 am according to the time on my cell phone) only to be denied by the locked door. Thanks to a bit of groveling by my wife, Ms. Friendly-not-so-much server grudgingly unlocked the door, reminded us that breakfast was over, and handed my wife a carton. Strike two...
Finally, during the obligatory "how was everything" as we checked out, I politely mentioned the two relatively minor issues that we encountered. Instead of anything that even resembled an apology, I received only what I could describe as an unenthusiastic grunt. Strike three...
All in all, it is unlikely that I will stay at this property as there are a number of other decent options in the immediate area (the Renaissance is nice for example).

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank BernieG
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Springhill Suites has changed so much! My fiance and I stayed here the night before we flew out the airport. I hadn't stayed in a Springhill in alomost 2 years. I was unware of the remodeling. I was amazed by the bar, the rooms are great. The seperate room for the toilet, and shower was awesome. The change from a complimentary continental breakfast to a buffet breakfast was great and delicious. Our driver was on time and friendly!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I stayed here on business trip to Philly for one night. Got a great rate and was pleasantly surprised at the great use of space in this all suites hotel.

The hotel is new and modern off I 95 exit 8. About 1o minutes to PHL and 15 minutes to Center City Philadelphia.

Free breakfast is slightly above average but selling poiny is clean, modern rooms. mine had separate toilet and shower areas with a sink in each area. Sitting area with an above average work space with lots of outlets.

Bed was comforatble and housekeeping was better than average at this rate.

You really need to have a car to utilize this hotel, they have a shuttle but nothing within walking distance. Overall good Marriott location for a few days.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Skibum1968
Reviewed June 28, 2011

My TA booked me here after I was snowed in. I was going for a nearby hotel and decided I better run it past him first. Thank goodness I did. This property was almost across the street and so much better. Great rooms that are very clean and roomy. Beds are nice and the hotel had a big lobby bar where folks actually wanted to hang out in. Staff was extremely polite even after being yelled at by folks whose flights were canceled. Absolutely the place to stay the Philly airport. New, clean, modern and convenient.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2011

After several airport delays, we were forced to stay overnight in Philly. The airlines had comped us a room at this hotel due to missing our connection. Once we arrived in Philly we immediately contacted the hotel requesting transportation to the hotel. They told us they would arrive in 15 minutes. We proceeded to the shuttle pick up area and waited more than 30 minutes. At this time we contacted the hotel again and was told the shuttle was on his way. Once the shuttle arrived, the driver drove past the pick up area and ignored our attempts to flag him down. We contacted the hotel AGAIN and was told he would be back in 15 minutes. Long story short....after 1 hour and 30 minute wait...NO SHUTTLE! Keep in mind other hotels circled the area over and over again picking up passengers..but NOT THE SPRINGHILL SUITES!!!

For fear of having the same problem returning to the airport for our flight the next morning we forfeited our airline issued voucher for a free room and stayed at another hotel. We have made several attempts to contact the hotel for compensation for this matter only for the management to defend their position.

I have contacted the airline and requested they no longer use this hotel for passengers who need transportation to and from the airport. Being stranded and delayed is a frustrating issue and to have poor hotel service once you arrive is unacceptable. Waiting more than 1.5 hours for a shuttle in any circumstance is poor service.

Do not stay at this hotel if you need to get to and from the airport! They will not help you!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business