“Best Dining Experience in Upper Bucks County”
Review of Richlandtown Inn

Richlandtown Inn
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2008

We tried the Richlandtown Inn a few years ago and were shocked at how excellent the food was. The place was built in 1812 according to the sign and although I've driven past it a thousand times, I'd never been there before. I grew up in the area, then moved to NYC and Paris, France and now that I'm a Bucks County resident again, its nice to have such a top dinning spot close by and at reasonable prices. The dining rooms are comfortable and relaxed, and the atmosphere reflects on the country setting.
The Filet Mingon chef's special is prepared with a shallot, mushroom, and blue cheese sauce, normally with a touch of bacon, I don't eat bacon so they very graciously leave it out when I order the dish. It was flavorfull, tender and delicious. The dishes are all cooked to order. They are also known for great seafood, and frequently, (I think it might be about once a month or so), have a whole lobster special during a certain weekend of the month.
I love prime rib, and the prime rib at the Richlandtown Inn is delicious and juicy. It comes in three different sized cuts. I order it almost every time. Among the home made soups, some of my favorites I've tried are the Creme of Asparagus, and recently this summer the Gaspacho, both incredible.
Sometimes we get salads or sandwiches or take something home from the lighter fare menu which are priced at a terrific value.
The owner is also the chef, trained in France and is attentive to the needs of his cliental. You may see him visit the dinning room greeting customers.
For desert the his home made creme bruelle is on a par with anything I've had in either Paris, London or New York. Amazing.
We now eat there at least once a week.
Their website is www.richlandtowninn.net