“A fun place!!!”

Shupp's Grove Antique Market
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Always a unique experience antiqueing in the woods.... All outdoors and close to other Antique Markets.

1  Thank novikczarnecki6
in 4 reviews
"furniture"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed December 19, 2012

As with some places like this some vendors are permanent while others are there for theme weekends. You don't know how many things my wife and I found that we didn't know we wanted. Didn't know we had to have. Could live without, but had to buy anyway. A fun day. Outdoors, so be aware of the weather forecast. Guaranteed fun.

2  Thank cranstonsnord
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I am in Adamstown every weekend. 20 years ago Shupps was great. I would also go there on Thursday after the extrav in Kutztown. It was $5 to get in. The place was packed. Next they started to play with the formula. The admission doubled to $10 and I like many other collectors stopped going on the Xtrav days. Less collectors buying, less dealers setting up. This I believe then impacted the weekends. In the past decade it has been sparse. In fairness Black Angus and Renningers also has had issues filling their outdoor areas. The one problem with Shupps is they have a lot of stale dealers . I mean there are dealers that do not even pack up but cover their merchandise for the week. If you are willing to leave your merchandise out for an entire week, how valuable is it? Shupps is supposed to be an Antique market not a flea market. I still think they can turn it around, but it will take an effort. I also wish they would put the dealers together. It is a pain when you have a few dealers in this row, and a few in that row. Put them all together and they might get more foot traffic.

2  Thank BerksPADad
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We arrived after many of the sellers had packed up and left, so it was a big disappointment! We were not aware that the sellers close down at 4 p.m. We arrived at 3:30 p.m.unfortunately.

1  Thank audjan