“Would have been beautiful without the MICE. Beware Apartment 22.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Reeders
Mountain Springs Lake Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Reeders
Reviewed July 21, 2010

My husband, 10 month old and myself were happy as could be with Mountain Springs lake resort. UNTIL the first night when I was awoken at 4:30 am by a mouse ripping into an unopened cookie bag. When my husband ran into the kitchen it darted under the burner of the stove. Then poked its head back out to see if the coast was clear. We were grossed out but decided it was a fluke. Called guest services in the morning, they were apologetic, sent someone to place a glue trap under the sink. They also left 2 peanuts on the floor as bait. I wish they had dipped the peanuts in poison because the next night we had TWO DIFFERENT mice scurrying around the living room and kitchen. We packed our stuff and left. Just didn't feel it was sanitary for us and our baby.

(Side note we also lost power in our unit twice, it was resolved within 10 minutes)

Mountain Springs Lake resort did give us a full refund (were we supposed to stay four nights, we stayed one).

It really is a beautiful place, the lake is warm and lovely, staff is super friendly, but we were sorely upset and disappointed. Traveling all the way there, unpacking, food shopping, settling in to only stay one night and be skeeved out by rodents.

I can't speak for all the units. Just ours Apartment 22. I will post pics, bc it really is pretty and maybe you will get an apartment without mice. Or maybe three mice hanging out with you and your family doesn't bother you at all! Best of luck if you choose this place.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank Addy126

Reviewed July 6, 2010

Just got back from a 3 night weekend at Mountain Springs where my husband and I got married. It truly was the most perfect weekend. The cabins at MSL are extremely clean and unique. We had family and friends staying in every single different level of cabins, so I got to see each and every one. It doesn't matter if you have the highest level cabin or the most economical, they are all great. We really would encourage guests of a MSL wedding to try to stay here instead of going to the Days Inn or any other hotel a few miles down the road. It really makes for a memorable experience.

We loved the fact that there was so much to do, even if you didn't want to leave the resort. Each cabin (even ones that aren't on the lake) have a row boat to use. There is a beautiful 3 mile walk around the whole resort which is lovely. The bridesmaids and groomsmen loved "the farm area" because it was secluded and they could have a good time without any other guest having to hear. There are two ping pong tables in this area, volley ball, etc. (I recommend renting out 17, 18 and all of the apartments if you have a big wedding party and dates).

We also having nothing but kinds words to say about The Lodge, which is where MSL weddings are held. Ignore the comment posted in 2005. Things must have changed in 5 years!!! The coordinators are friendly and helpful. The room is absolutely beautiful. The site where we got married (steps away from the reception) is so peaceful. Lastly, the guests can't stop talking about the "best hor d'oeuvres," delicious entrees and really the best wedding cake ever! The bar was great too. All the big drinkers can't believe Coronas and Magic Hat were served. The signature drink (Lemon Drop Martini) was such a hit, it sold out rather quickly, despite the fact they made 15 pitchers. They were so kind to save me 2 drinks though! :)

I have nothing but wonderful words to say about this family run resort. You can tell it is family run by how they treat you and all of the guests. Stay here, get married here... you will love it!!!!

Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank allieJT
Reviewed January 31, 2010

Wife and I spent our first wedding anniversary at one of the lakeview cottages. It has been 25+ years since I've been up to the Poconos and I've only stayed in hotels in the past. But, I wanted something special for this trip.

We traveled up to the area a couple of weeks prior to our reservation just to become familiar with the area. The staff was very accommodating and allowed us to travel onto the site to check out the cottage. Staff is very friendly!

At first I considered the cottages to be overpriced (as compared to a hotel). The pictures on the website, although appealing, don't do justice to the cottages. Once I walked into our cottage I was immediately impressed. The website was updated while we were there, but still include the original photos of the cottages.

Everything was perfect on our stay. Although we went sight-seeing all day long, our evening stay in our lakeside cottage was absolutely memorable. All accommodations were complete and comfortable. Quiet, relaxing, peaceful. Beautiful scenery. Plenty of walking paths. Inviting lake.

There are no internet connections in the cottages, however, there are computers to use at the registration office. Reliable WiFi is available in the area, so if you have a smartphone or laptop with WiFi modem then you're set. But, that's not what you come up here for anyway....right? ;)

This was my wife's first visit to the Poconos area. Being that we're both professionals, planning a get-away isn't easy. But, afterwards, she would forward me emails of things she would be interested in seeing/doing on our next visit. We're both looking forward to our return!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paj3cub
Reviewed October 29, 2009

My husband and I wanted to escape our chaotic lives at the time and do nothing, but relax. We stayed in Cabin #32 for a weekend in the middle of the Winter. It was more than fantastic. When we arrived, we couldn't imagine how fantastic this stay was going to be. We enjoyed all that the cabin had to offer and got exactly what we were looking for there.

It's a bit quiet this time of year, but it was perfect for us. A hidden gem in the middle of the woods, with nothing more than silence and relaxation. The cabin was extremely clean and very up to date for staying somewhere this tucked away from everything else in the Poconos. I would not only recommend this to anyone, we are planning on returning and possibly making this our Anniversary getaway.

Thank you Mountain Springs Lake Resort for offering such a great vacation spot.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LaVecchia21
Reviewed October 6, 2009

My husband and I stayed at at the resort for 5 days and 4 nights. The location will NOT be available on GPS, just look for La Vida restaurant on the left, and the next right is the road you want. The woman at the front desk was super sweet, I think her name was Esther. We stayed in cabin #41, which is the 3rd cabin from the road at the west entrance. One of my only complaints about MSL, is that it's not as secluded as we would have liked. We could clearly see the road and passing cars, trucks and school buses from our cabin. MSL has a stone wall that, if extended, would at least block the sight of the road. However, all things considered, this was a minor inconvienience.
The cabin was surrounded by huge trees, and was about 50ft from the cabins on either side. We had a grill outside, and a covered porch. The porch had a nice view of the lake through the trees. Inside was nicer than we could have expected. High ceilings, big windows that overlook the lake, and the place was pretty clean. (shmutz on the bottom of the fridge and a *stain* on the mattress cover but nothing we couldn't live with) The kitchen was stocked with all the pots, pans and flatware we'd need, and had lots of room. The living room had a gas fireplace (that was somewhat sensitive to the wind, but still totally worth it :) and a flat screen TV with DVD player. The bathroom was clean and the shower had decent pressure. There were two bedrooms, both with ceiling fans, 2 windows (although the blinds are blackout so feel free to sleep LATE) dressers and alarm clocks. The bed was super comfy. We didn't use the comforter, it was old and worn and a tad musty. No big deal, the cabin was plenty warm. Overall, the cabin was delight. The furniture could be updated, and the cleaning could be a tad more detailed, but again, overall it was wonderful.
The grounds were beautiful. Even though it was cold and sometimes rainy, we spent a lot of time by the lake reading, or just letting our troubles blow away over the water. We walked the trail, which was manicured enough to be safe, but it still felt like you were on an adventure. There's a ton to do, even in the colder months. There is a tennis court and a full on playground, plus tons of chairs and benches. Only complaints about the grounds were: 1.proximity to the road, I mean, I don't want to SEE the school buses. 2. We went to the beach one morning to discover someone had let their dog POOP all over the beach. We saw a lot of locals walking their dogs THROUGH the grounds, even though the resort is pet free, so we assumed it was one of them. The poop was gone the next day. 3. Unfortunately, even though it's in a highly wooded area, there is *some* light pollution. I have a better view of the stars at home.

Overall our stay was great. I would absolutely stay again. The cabins were nice, the grounds were very pretty, and the lake is breathtaking. From what I gather they are updating the cabins slowly but surely. Just a few minor upgrades and this place will be a paradise!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank talulablues93
Reviewed September 27, 2009

I have always had a somewhat negative view of the Poconos. However Mountain Springs Lake Resort completely changed that. We stayed in cabin 32 which was beautiful. It is extremely well appointed and up to date with everything from a flat screen TV to a Bose Wave radio. The bathroom is huge with a great jetted tub. The cabin is set in a secluded setting in the middle of the woods. We did not realize it at the time but it is the honeymoon suite. I am always skeptical about a hotels website but I think this one actually understated what it had to offer. The grounds were immacualte. The lake was much larger than I anticipated(I though it would be a small pond). Row boats are provided free of charge with every rental. I thought the rental rates seemed very high until I got there and realized what you received for the money. Just about everything is included for free including drinks(soda and water) and internet access.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pablo878
Reviewed July 19, 2009

Stayed here 5 summers, one week ea., from 2003 - 2007. Best freshwater fishing ever. Stayed in 5 different cabins. All were outstanding accomadations. Lake is great for swimming or relaxing. I live at the south Jersey shore area and getting away to MSL is a true paradise. My 4 children all agree and can't wait to come again. When I go to Heaven, I trust it will be an endless summer at MSL.

Tom

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank tom08244
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reeders
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Pocono Palace Resort
Pocono Palace Resort
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek

Been to Mountain Springs Lake Resort? Share your experiences!