“Solitude found in the Poconos”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Reeders
Mountain Springs Lake Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Reeders
Raritan, New Jersey
“Solitude found in the Poconos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2009

My husband and I wanted to escape our chaotic lives at the time and do nothing, but relax. We stayed in Cabin #32 for a weekend in the middle of the Winter. It was more than fantastic. When we arrived, we couldn't imagine how fantastic this stay was going to be. We enjoyed all that the cabin had to offer and got exactly what we were looking for there.

It's a bit quiet this time of year, but it was perfect for us. A hidden gem in the middle of the woods, with nothing more than silence and relaxation. The cabin was extremely clean and very up to date for staying somewhere this tucked away from everything else in the Poconos. I would not only recommend this to anyone, we are planning on returning and possibly making this our Anniversary getaway.

Thank you Mountain Springs Lake Resort for offering such a great vacation spot.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LaVecchia21

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
talulablues93
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2009

My husband and I stayed at at the resort for 5 days and 4 nights. The location will NOT be available on GPS, just look for La Vida restaurant on the left, and the next right is the road you want. The woman at the front desk was super sweet, I think her name was Esther. We stayed in cabin #41, which is the 3rd cabin from the road at the west entrance. One of my only complaints about MSL, is that it's not as secluded as we would have liked. We could clearly see the road and passing cars, trucks and school buses from our cabin. MSL has a stone wall that, if extended, would at least block the sight of the road. However, all things considered, this was a minor inconvienience.
The cabin was surrounded by huge trees, and was about 50ft from the cabins on either side. We had a grill outside, and a covered porch. The porch had a nice view of the lake through the trees. Inside was nicer than we could have expected. High ceilings, big windows that overlook the lake, and the place was pretty clean. (shmutz on the bottom of the fridge and a *stain* on the mattress cover but nothing we couldn't live with) The kitchen was stocked with all the pots, pans and flatware we'd need, and had lots of room. The living room had a gas fireplace (that was somewhat sensitive to the wind, but still totally worth it :) and a flat screen TV with DVD player. The bathroom was clean and the shower had decent pressure. There were two bedrooms, both with ceiling fans, 2 windows (although the blinds are blackout so feel free to sleep LATE) dressers and alarm clocks. The bed was super comfy. We didn't use the comforter, it was old and worn and a tad musty. No big deal, the cabin was plenty warm. Overall, the cabin was delight. The furniture could be updated, and the cleaning could be a tad more detailed, but again, overall it was wonderful.
The grounds were beautiful. Even though it was cold and sometimes rainy, we spent a lot of time by the lake reading, or just letting our troubles blow away over the water. We walked the trail, which was manicured enough to be safe, but it still felt like you were on an adventure. There's a ton to do, even in the colder months. There is a tennis court and a full on playground, plus tons of chairs and benches. Only complaints about the grounds were: 1.proximity to the road, I mean, I don't want to SEE the school buses. 2. We went to the beach one morning to discover someone had let their dog POOP all over the beach. We saw a lot of locals walking their dogs THROUGH the grounds, even though the resort is pet free, so we assumed it was one of them. The poop was gone the next day. 3. Unfortunately, even though it's in a highly wooded area, there is *some* light pollution. I have a better view of the stars at home.

Overall our stay was great. I would absolutely stay again. The cabins were nice, the grounds were very pretty, and the lake is breathtaking. From what I gather they are updating the cabins slowly but surely. Just a few minor upgrades and this place will be a paradise!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank talulablues93
Valley Forge, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2009

I have always had a somewhat negative view of the Poconos. However Mountain Springs Lake Resort completely changed that. We stayed in cabin 32 which was beautiful. It is extremely well appointed and up to date with everything from a flat screen TV to a Bose Wave radio. The bathroom is huge with a great jetted tub. The cabin is set in a secluded setting in the middle of the woods. We did not realize it at the time but it is the honeymoon suite. I am always skeptical about a hotels website but I think this one actually understated what it had to offer. The grounds were immacualte. The lake was much larger than I anticipated(I though it would be a small pond). Row boats are provided free of charge with every rental. I thought the rental rates seemed very high until I got there and realized what you received for the money. Just about everything is included for free including drinks(soda and water) and internet access.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pablo878
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2009

Stayed here 5 summers, one week ea., from 2003 - 2007. Best freshwater fishing ever. Stayed in 5 different cabins. All were outstanding accomadations. Lake is great for swimming or relaxing. I live at the south Jersey shore area and getting away to MSL is a true paradise. My 4 children all agree and can't wait to come again. When I go to Heaven, I trust it will be an endless summer at MSL.

Tom

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank tom08244
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2009

i found this resort by accident in 1986, and have gone back every summer since. I watched my children play in the sand as toddlers, and they still look forward to it now, well into their college years. My accomodations have always been exceptionally clean and the grounds always beautifully landscaped. The Raders are the most hospitable, hands-on resort owners I've ever come across. Rosemary, Beverly, and the rest of the staff will always go above and beyond to ensure that your stay is relaxing and stress-free.

Dave J., Hawthorne, NJ

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank basshunter1058
Havertown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2009

My family has been staying here (at least once a year) for almost 30 years. Aside from the new cabins little has changed except for continually improving amenities (back in the day we had no microwave or coffee maker!). The location is beautiful and peaceful and we always see some interesting wildlife (including a bald eagle a few years ago). Even when they are fully booked there is never a noise problem, in fact, we rarely run into people. There are lost of activies like boating and tennis, but if you just want to sit on the porch all day, that option is available too!

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank Joyce C
New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2008

My sister and I were looking for a cabin to go to the June NASCAR race at Pocono Raceway, and my sister found this one on line. We stayed there for a week, 7 Junes in a row! What a wonderful place! The staff is great, the grounds are beautiful and SO well kept. The noisiest thing around is the birds. No pets allowed, which I find nice.....I love pets, but leave them home when you go on vacation, people! We've stayed in a couple of the rustic cabins in the woods, and we've stayed in the newer, luxury cabins. Brought Mom one year, and another sister another. We've brought our bikes a couple years, because there are awesome dirt roads all through the place. What a place to see wildlife!!! Deer galore, and baby foxes and bunnies. Hiking trails around the lake are so much fun, and they are kept in a natural state. The lake has two beaches and they are wonderful. The cabins are the nicest, cleanest, most-well-stocked cabins I've ever been in. Someone takes the trash away, but in all my years there, I've never seen or heard them. I'd recommend this to anyone.

• Liked — The cabins are not close to eachother and they are extremely clean and well-stocked and have AC and a gas fireplace!
  • Disliked — I can't go there 10 times a year!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
4 Thank RaceFanNH
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reeders
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,130 reviews

Been to Mountain Springs Lake Resort? Share your experiences!