It was our fifth season and it keeps getting better and better. Family owned and operated, MSL is a gem hidden in the woods.
Having stayed in most types of cabins available around the lake (33, 62, 63, 34, 37) we decided to repeat number 63. This is one of the better cabins on the property. Since this was our fifth trip we have everything down to a science. We know what to bring, we know what to expect, we know that we're in for a few days of relaxation.
Check in is fairly simple and once you get your key you are free to be with nature. The accommodations are basic but clean. They only supply bed linens, towels, and kitchen amenities (cups, plates, flatware) The rest is up to you. Dont forget your coffee filters.
We use this weekend every year as a retreat to get away from the every day turmoils of life. We sit and fish, Cook dinner, and simply relax and let the world slip away for a few days.
There are a few places that I have been to that can allow such simple behavior. MSL has become our favorite place in the world and we have been to a lot of places. The grounds are vast giving you tons of space to walk jog or just get lost. and the lake is a nice size to go fishing for the day.
If you're looking for 5 start accommodations, to be pampered with service, or anything glamorous, look elsewhere. If you are looking for a few days of absolute silence, nature overload - this is the place for you.
A few notes:
- Bring everything you think you might need. Even coffee filters.
- Be sure to bring a fishing rod. The lake has a lot to offer.
- It's worth renting the little motor for the rowboat even for one day.
- There is a grocery store 15 minutes from the property so leave that shopping for the date of your arrival. not worth packing your car with all that stuff.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain Springs Lake Hotel Reeders
- Hotel At Mountain Springs Lake
- Mountain Springs Lake Resort Pocono Mountains, PA - Reeders