“Little slice of Paradise”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Reeders
Mountain Springs Lake Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Reeders
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband found this resort online and it looked like it had everything we were looking for. Water, trails, cottages, and air conditioning. We stayed in cottage # 42 and had the most fabulous view of the lake through our enormous window. We had a great back deck with a picnic table and chairs to watch the activities unfold at the lake. I ran the 3 mile nature trail every morning. It was so quiet and peaceful as well as mostly wooded. My 2 year old daughter loved the boat playground near the beach in front of the lake. Our location was great for retrieving forgotten items quickly. We used our complimentary rowboat each day. We picked up a kids' fishing pole so in the evening my daughter could fish as well. Our unit was beautiful, my only complaint was the showers/bathroom was quite basic. The shower head is tiny and it was quite a task to rinse a toddlers hair in it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Honeybrooke

Reviewed July 26, 2011

We had college friends and family reunion in MSL resort stayed in units 19,20,21,22,18,13...overall the experience was very nice..and relaxing..The big plus of the resort is it is private and nice wooded lots around...the lakeside is also nice..the beach is rocky ...else its ok..The unit we stayed in was 22..it was ok good for the value..the standing shower was pretty cramped..and yes got to have a microwave and a dishwasher in these units...and yes an outdoor pool is needed ..the area was private and we had a fun time there...many good restaurants are in the neighbouring towns of tannersville and stroudsburg..also the premium outlet mall ...makes it a fun place to relax and shopping...

Room Tip: 22 is ok..the unit has a nice living common area downstairs sharing with unit 23..
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank samit_saha
Reviewed June 24, 2011

I've stayed here numerous times throughout the years. The staff here are very helpful and the cottages are kept well. The cottages are all far distance away from each other so you won't hear people in the other cottages talking even if they are talking very loudly. I would def. recommend staying at cottage #42 for a big group of people. It's great to go during the winter time when they have the special offer to rent 2 nights, get the 3rd night free. Also CamelBack for snowboarding/skiing/snow tubing is right in the area..literally within 10 mins driving time. THe kitchen is fully equipped with appliances and utensils. The beds all have linens and blankets. The bathroom all have towels and toliet papers. They have a grill outside for each cottage which is great for the summer time. THey have a lake and each cottage gets a canoe (free of charge). They have a minature beach for swimming and tanning. They have basketball courts, swings, ping pong table, and etc. It is def a very cozy place to stay for a weekend getaway whether you are going away in the winter or summer. CamelBeach (waterpark) is also about 10 mins driving..which is great for kids and families. Great slides for a decent price. Water Challengers is about 1/2 hour away for white water rafting in the summer...def. recommend them! Dorney Park is about 45mins - 1 hr away if you wish to go from roller coasters and waterpark. Sunset Hill Shooting Range is about 5 mins away, great place with numerous types of guns to shoot. Heard there's an ATV place nearby too which is great. There is horseback riding in the area. There is a supermarket in the area (Weiss supermarket) which has cheap food and it is about 5 mins driving time from the cottages so you can easily pick up groceries to have in the cottages. PA is very strict about their liquior so I would suggest bringing your own drinks and picking up food in the supermarket. Overall this is a great location and great cottages.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank nancy12988
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Stayed in the cottage suite with my husband for our first wedding anniversary. It was absolutely perfect! Beautiful, big bed. Lovely furniture. Nice fireplace. Very clean! The bathroom was spacious and elegant with a large jacuzzi. Everything was just like it said it would be. The woman was also very friendly when we checked in. I would love to go back!

I also recommend the Woodfield Manor and Chophouse for dinner. Great fine dining restaurant located nearby.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mpace2233
Reviewed February 20, 2011

I absolutely loved Mountain Springs Lake. We stayed in the Cottage Suite (#32) and the room was awesome. Beautifully decorated with granite counter-tops, microwave, mini fridge, fireplace, flat screen TV, jacuzzi tub and Bose System with rustic wood beams to give the cabin a rustic look. I would change only one aspect of the room and that's the soft mattress on the bed. It was too soft for our taste, but I would definitely stay again. A great place for a weekend get-a-way!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Sweetwaterraine
Reviewed February 11, 2011

We stayed here for a Poconos ski weekend. The ambience and condition of the cottages far exceeded our expectations based on previous Poconos stays. The older cottages definitely have a rustic charm to them, but with refurbished kitchen and bath the condition is top-notch. Being here in the dead of winter it was amazingly peaceful however not sure the same would hold true in peak summer season. The location is very convenient for a quick getwaway, only 2 hours from Philly or NYC.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2010

My husband, 10 month old and myself were happy as could be with Mountain Springs lake resort. UNTIL the first night when I was awoken at 4:30 am by a mouse ripping into an unopened cookie bag. When my husband ran into the kitchen it darted under the burner of the stove. Then poked its head back out to see if the coast was clear. We were grossed out but decided it was a fluke. Called guest services in the morning, they were apologetic, sent someone to place a glue trap under the sink. They also left 2 peanuts on the floor as bait. I wish they had dipped the peanuts in poison because the next night we had TWO DIFFERENT mice scurrying around the living room and kitchen. We packed our stuff and left. Just didn't feel it was sanitary for us and our baby.

(Side note we also lost power in our unit twice, it was resolved within 10 minutes)

Mountain Springs Lake resort did give us a full refund (were we supposed to stay four nights, we stayed one).

It really is a beautiful place, the lake is warm and lovely, staff is super friendly, but we were sorely upset and disappointed. Traveling all the way there, unpacking, food shopping, settling in to only stay one night and be skeeved out by rodents.

I can't speak for all the units. Just ours Apartment 22. I will post pics, bc it really is pretty and maybe you will get an apartment without mice. Or maybe three mice hanging out with you and your family doesn't bother you at all! Best of luck if you choose this place.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank Addy126
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reeders
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Pocono Palace Resort
Pocono Palace Resort
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek

Been to Mountain Springs Lake Resort? Share your experiences!