“Best in the Area!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
PA
“Best in the Area!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have been to the Great American Saloon several times in the past month and have not been disappointed. Nice American menu, good food, good service. Gets very busy on weekends so plan accordingly. If you want a nice meal with the family or friends this is the place.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank PITTparent

Stewartstown, Pennsylvania
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Love to eat here. My husband and I love going here on our date nights, and it's located right outside our back door. Food is alway served tasty and hot and never leave hungry. Service is always great and friendly. Some of the specials prices are a little pricy but then again food is well worth the price. And the grand-kids love the atmosphere.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Juanita J
York, PA
“great food”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I take my mother out to eat every week and this is one of our favorite places to come. Good quality food with friendly service. My favorite is the seafood pasta. We both like the crab dip served in a bread bowl. Need to come early on weekends to avoid waiting for a table.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank akskmom
Fenwick Island, Delaware
“Tasty Meal; Big Portions”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We went to the Great American Saloon on a Wednesday night. The restaurant was not crowded and we were served quickly.

The fresh baked bread came out warm, served with honey butter or regular butter. The honey butter is so good. This makes it difficult to stop eating the bread.

My daughter ordered the Chesapeake trio, which was a broiled combination of shrimp, scallops, and crab imperial. It came with two sides. She had the house salad and mashed potatoes. I tasted some of each of the items in the trio and they were all good. She indicated that the salad was good. It included lots of tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, and croutons. She was very pleased with her meal.

My wife ordered the seafood pesto. It consisted of angel hair pasta with shrimp, scallops, and crabmeat in a basil parmesan cream sauce. She had the cream of crab soup and the vegetable medley. Her meal was excellent.

I had the pasta asparagus in a lemon parmesan cream sauce served over penne pasta. The sauce was good and not overly creamy. It came with lots of asparagus pieces. I also had the cream of crab soup.

The food was very good and the portions are substantial. My daughter brought some of hers home, as she could not finish her seafood. It made for a nice lunch the next day.

The servers go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. It was a pleasant dining experience.

We will definitely return to the Great American Saloon.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank hoopscoach-dmar
York, Pennsylvania
“Local Favorite”
Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

Hard to believe this place is in York County - let alone Red Lion! Food is always good - they are very consistent. Chef is willing to prepare items that are not on the menu. Staff is friendly and helpful. We quite often order whatever the staff recommends. Portions are generous while pricing is very reasonable. We will choose Great American over the nationals like Texas Roadhouse every time. Reservations are not taken for parties under 6 - so be prepared for a wait on Friday & Saturday nights.

1 Thank Todd B