“Looking for food as well as beer...”
Review of Union Barrel Works

Union Barrel Works
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Reamstown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 16, 2013

If you're looking for good beer, this is the place to go, but on the other hand, if you're looking for good food...steer clear. While the filet was cooked perfectly, there was absolutely no flavor. The vegetables were actually burned...I'm sorry, but how do you burn the vegetables? There was little to no flavor in any of the food we ordered. I believe the owner really needs to kick it up a notch on the food department! The waitress was lost...literally had to go looking for her! We tried this place 6 years ago and thought, what the heck, let's give them one more try...not going back.
I can think of about 10 other restaurants int he local area with considerably better cuisine and much better service.

1  Thank Jennifer H
There are newer reviews for Union Barrel Works

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Been visiting here for years. Mango beer was awesome this summer. Love the trout soup. However my favorite is the crab cheesecake. Great place for a weekend drive.

1  Thank Angie M
Reviewed November 10, 2013

A friend introduced me to this place on a Fri nite. The place is old, rustic, original, beautiful! Ambience plus! We started out with a chocolate covered strawberry wine martini! I had the waiter repeat that it was made with wine! All their martini's are made with wine!!!! So you can drink a martini and not get as much alcohol as a regular martini, which I like because then I can drink more than one or two! It was wonderful!! If you like choc covered strawberries, this one's for you! They also have a long list of other varieties too. The french onion soup, made with beer, was delicious. Served in an iron crock! Loaded with onions. After that we weren't hungry for a full meal so we ordered burgers. Wow, must say it was delicious also, prepared perfectly. Their fries are raw cut. We definitely want to go back and try some of the other items on their interesting menu! Gigantic long bar, plenty of seating. And the piano player who came in around 7:30pm played such beautiful tunes!! He played show tunes, rock, movie themes, jazz, oldies....you name it, he played it....each song was a different type of music! And the waiter was spectacular. He was 55 yrs old, joked with us, told us his life's story, very attentive, very friendly, very knowledgeable....brought us samples of beer! He made our nite complete! I can't wait to go back and try some of the delicious items I saw on other people's tables as we were leaving!!

2  Thank Carole N
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I have been going here since they opened the place is beautiful and the service is great they treat you like family and the beer is fantastic I love the maibock the best but my husband prefers wobbly bob
The food is great and moderately priced this is somewhere you can go to relax after work it gets pretty busy on the weekends so make sure your there early they have great live music on the weekends.
Love their Beer Dinners they have.

1  Thank Mari A
Reviewed September 6, 2013

A Friday night at UBW is getting much more crowded as the locals keep coming and others find this treasure is worth the trip. Reamstown Lager was one of the seasonal beers tonight, this beer is a serious competition to Hofbrau, unfortunately, I could not bring home a half keg......yet. Consistently good food is a constant accompaniment to a fine brew and UBW is meeting the mark. I started with the soup of the day, a cheese, potato, bacon mix, just delicious. Thick, smooth consistency and an aroma of smoked bacon mixed perfectly with my lager, yet I am sure there were some other interesting ales that would have enhanced as well. The Caesar Salad was tossed perfectly, every bit of lettuce dripping with flavor. The Duck entree was a thinly sliced breast, drizzled in a tangy sauce that made me wish for more. Do not misunderstand me, all was great and filling, it was just "that good". We will be back, and you should too!

1  Thank jrmod