“Great food, great service...well worth the trip”
Review of Union Barrel Works

Union Barrel Works
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Reamstown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Jersey Shore, New Jersey
“Great food, great service...well worth the trip”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Been visiting here for years. Mango beer was awesome this summer. Love the trout soup. However my favorite is the crab cheesecake. Great place for a weekend drive.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Angie M

Reading
“A++ Casual, unusual dining.....wine martini's.....beer soups.....”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

A friend introduced me to this place on a Fri nite. The place is old, rustic, original, beautiful! Ambience plus! We started out with a chocolate covered strawberry wine martini! I had the waiter repeat that it was made with wine! All their martini's are made with wine!!!! So you can drink a martini and not get as much alcohol as a regular martini, which I like because then I can drink more than one or two! It was wonderful!! If you like choc covered strawberries, this one's for you! They also have a long list of other varieties too. The french onion soup, made with beer, was delicious. Served in an iron crock! Loaded with onions. After that we weren't hungry for a full meal so we ordered burgers. Wow, must say it was delicious also, prepared perfectly. Their fries are raw cut. We definitely want to go back and try some of the other items on their interesting menu! Gigantic long bar, plenty of seating. And the piano player who came in around 7:30pm played such beautiful tunes!! He played show tunes, rock, movie themes, jazz, oldies....you name it, he played it....each song was a different type of music! And the waiter was spectacular. He was 55 yrs old, joked with us, told us his life's story, very attentive, very friendly, very knowledgeable....brought us samples of beer! He made our nite complete! I can't wait to go back and try some of the delicious items I saw on other people's tables as we were leaving!!

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Carole N
Stevens, Pennsylvania
“Favorite place!!!!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

I have been going here since they opened the place is beautiful and the service is great they treat you like family and the beer is fantastic I love the maibock the best but my husband prefers wobbly bob
The food is great and moderately priced this is somewhere you can go to relax after work it gets pretty busy on the weekends so make sure your there early they have great live music on the weekends.
Love their Beer Dinners they have.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Mari A
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“The beer keeps getting better”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

A Friday night at UBW is getting much more crowded as the locals keep coming and others find this treasure is worth the trip. Reamstown Lager was one of the seasonal beers tonight, this beer is a serious competition to Hofbrau, unfortunately, I could not bring home a half keg......yet. Consistently good food is a constant accompaniment to a fine brew and UBW is meeting the mark. I started with the soup of the day, a cheese, potato, bacon mix, just delicious. Thick, smooth consistency and an aroma of smoked bacon mixed perfectly with my lager, yet I am sure there were some other interesting ales that would have enhanced as well. The Caesar Salad was tossed perfectly, every bit of lettuce dripping with flavor. The Duck entree was a thinly sliced breast, drizzled in a tangy sauce that made me wish for more. Do not misunderstand me, all was great and filling, it was just "that good". We will be back, and you should too!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank jrmod
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
“Our Go-To Place for Good Food, Good People, and Good Prices”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is the kind of place that gives pubs a good name. UBW has an in house brewery, which the owner, Tom, uses to make some very good beers. Its a family owned/run place, and its not unusual to see his family eating there, which is a pretty good endorsement in itself, eh? We go there for dinner when we want a really good meal at the kind of relaxed, affordable eatery where everybody knows your name. Try the fish and chips or chicken buffalo salad, or the wings cooked in the UBW BBQ sauce.. mmm sooo good. Their specialty is the trout chowder soup. They also often have live local music, and once a month a very challenging trivia game. Go. Eat. Enjoy.

• Visited September 2013