“Looks like a homemade version of the chain Iron Hill”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Union Barrel Works

Union Barrel Works
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Reamstown
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Ocean City, Md
“Looks like a homemade version of the chain Iron Hill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch and were satisfied for the most part. Their beers weren't bad (were out of a couple) and we enjoyed our lunches. The staff seemed to want to go out of their way to please us. I would have no problem returning

• Visited June 2013

pennsylvania
“Very Pleased”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

We were skeptical about this restaurant because of the previous reviews .Especially from Spanishbottom. What restaurant did you go to?????? I thought the food was excellent. The service was top rate and the atmosphere was unique. The hostess gave us a bit on the background of the restaurant which was quite interesting. They gave us complimentary appetizers besides the ones we ordered which I thought was very generous. We are not beer drinkers but we thought we would give this restaurant a try. I'm glad we did. There were four of us and we each ordered something different. My friend is a very picky eater, but he was more than satisfied with his meal. I would definitely recommend the place and the atmosphere was a nice change of pace. The staff was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank sierraPennsyalvania
“Unsatisfactory”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

It is our theory that a number of boutique brewers with restaurants think that their good beer will make it unnecessary to serve good food. The Union Barrel Works fits into this mold. The food we had lacked flavor and the portions were skimpy. Until the owners get serious about the restaurant side of their business, we suggest going elsewhere.

1 Thank Spanishbottom
Pennsylvania
“Good bar food and good brewed beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stopped in on a Sunday afternoon for a quick meal and a beer.
Had the prime rib and cheese sub and frech onion soup,was very good and the beer i had was also very good. My friend had a dinner the pasta primavera with chicken and I alsdo tastedit and was very good. And the price was good and had specialon pints. Will go back.

1 Thank rogp3
Central PA
“A nice surprise.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband and I ate at the Union Barrel Works on Sunday and we enjoyed it very much. I love historic buildings and this looks like an old building that had kept a lot of character. We started off with two different beers so we could taste each others. I ordered the round boy stout, which was a dark beer with lots of character it had undertones of coffee flavor, it was very good. It was more malty than hoppy which is important to me. My husband ordered the hefeweisen and it was very reminiscent of beer that we had drank in Germany.
The food was very good and plated to look very appealing. I had the pork medallions sauteed in wine and then drizzled with a honey barbecue sauce. It came with garlic mashed potatoes, peas and a salad. My husband was more adventurous and ordered the trio of sausages. One was wild boar with cranberries, another was buffalo and chipoltle and the last one was venison with blueberries. My husband said the were all extremely good, it came with garlic mashed potatoes, peas and he chose the soup to go with it. We definitely had no room for the delicious looking desserts we saw going by. The dining room became quite busy while we were there but our waitress was very attentive no matter how busy she was. I only wish I could remember her name. The place was very clean and was not noisy considering there was a poker game going on in the back corner of the dining room. Over all, we would definitely like to return.

1 Thank tpatti