“Will not go back”

California Bar and Grill
Ranked #158 of 318 Restaurants in Reading
Description: Family Oriented Locally Owned and Operated Sports Bar with Wings, Pizzas, Burgers, Cheesesteaks, Fries and more.
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We had been to this place a few times in the past and it was never great but decided to give it one more shot. The wings got EVEN smaller which I didn't think was possibly. The prices went up and the food is not worth it. It was horrible. I got potato soup and it had a fatty gross mystery meat in it and when I asked the waitress what meat was in it she replied "I don't know, I just work here" that was the straw that broke the camels back. I will never go back. Teach your employees to have some common sense and to know the food they are serving.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I go there maybe once a month. The wings are very small. Very. But they do have a good flavor and crunch. Pierogies are so-so. Very dry.

Sandwiches are pretty good.

I'll go back but it's not first on my list.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

New management, same disappointment. Stopped in for lunch and waited for a server, drink and food. Prime rib sandwich was dry and fries unseasoned. They have more tv's but the place has no energy. Worth a shot but I'll personally pass.

1  Thank Sam K
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We heard they were under new management and made some upgrades to the menu. An italian sandwich without meat? Long island iced teas that tasted like they were made without alcohol. Never going there again. They apologized but still made us pay for the bad dinner!

1  Thank Sandra R
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

The California Cuban, had it with extra tomatoes...what a super great sandwich. Some beers $2.00 pints. Great price--
Fresh cut fries... My wife had the grilled chicken breast Sandwich with 3 toppings...really worth the price. I live nearby and have eaten here since it was just a Porch. Go, enjoy. George Dillman