Abraham Lincoln Hotel
$90
EconoLodge
$175
$139
All reviewsbeautiful historic hotelchef alangrand hotelreading areareading pa
Reviewed May 18, 2006

First of all let me begin with the staff, they were very nice. The tried to make our stay nice. The room was stuffy, there was no air circulation. The air conditioner was not working properly. When we went to the front desk to get our room key, we were right in the middle of a wedding. AT THE FRONT DESK TACKY. I would be plenty pissed if people were walking in th middle of my wedding. I feel this hotel needs a overhaul. I would not stay here on my next visit. I have been to other Wyndham hotels and none looked like this one

• Stayed: May 2006
1  Thank kisses4u2try
Reviewed April 28, 2006

Stayed there overnight for a family function with a great rate. Booked a regular room but were obviously upgraded (without asking) to a beautiful Executive Suite since we are Wyndham By Request members. Other family members who aren't members were still given very nice standard rooms. Called the morning of arrival and requested a very early check-in and was told it would be no problem even though there was a wedding and another big event scheduled the same night at the hotel. Arrival and check-in was flawless and very efficient. Front desk staff was wonderful! Wyndham by Request room requests were not completed upon check-in, but a quick call to the front desk and they assured me that they would be arriving momentarily - and they did. Everyone in our party (5 rooms total) remarked what a wonderful hotel it was and that we'd all gladly stay there again. A very beautiful, clean and accommodating hotel.

• Stayed: April 2006
1  Thank Denise T
A TripAdvisor Member
Dillsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 12, 2006

My husband and I and three other couples stayed here for a overnite getaway. Staff were extremly friendly and helpful. It was clean and well kept. We ate there buffet breakfast which was good as long as you can eat eight dollars worth of food. We had signed up before our stay to be a Memeber By Reqest, you can get this info how to become a member off their web site. With this (free) membership we were able to reserve a traditional room and the day of our arrival were bumped up to a suite which was very nice. The suite is very large, the bathroom was big, but they could of have place a table and chair in it so you would have more room to hang your clothes and put your toiletries. Also with this membership they deliver welcome gifts like wine and cracker/cheese trays or whatever you choose from their list. When we go back to visit we will most likley stay here again. We had dinner Sat. evening at the Crab House, check it out, wonderful dinner.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed February 27, 2006

I was in Reading for the INXS concert there, and stayed one night at the Wyndham Reading. It's a lovely hotel and very well maintained. The room I had was very spacious, and had a couch, a desk, and a nice desk chair. The coffee maker and pouch coffee was a nice addition to the room. The bathroom was huge, and had a hair dryer as well as a magnified mirror light.

The front desk staff were very helpful, and the ByRequest manager was very pleasant. I recomment becoming a ByRequest member.

The gym is a little small, and it could use a few more free weights, but it did have a lifecyle and treadmill.

If I'm back that way again, I wouldn't hesitate to stay in this hotel.

The added bonus for me was that the hotel was close to both the Greyhound bus depot and the Sovereign Performing Arts Centre.

And I felt quite comfortable walking around the city at night, and spent some time shopping on Penn Street before I left.

• Stayed: February 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 27, 2006

this hotel was excellent. especially for the price of 80 per night and that was on a weekend. the staff are very friendly and willing to help in any way they can. another plus is that the parking is free all weekend long. i will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2006